The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- O’Malley v Vera on NOW

Cowboy already getting interviewed, says he isn't going anywhere

I would like to see him fight Pettis or Dustin next, at 170. I hope they don't match him with another friend in Felder

Cowboy had his usual slow start nd never really got going
He seems to struggle with high pressure guys who are a bit unorthodox. Cowboy usually gets better as the fight goes on and he comes on when his opponent gasses.

Impressive W for Gaethje who definitely deserves a shot after Tony or a Conor fight if Conor decides to come back by early next year. I think a Justin-Khabib fight would be competitive due to Justin's wrestling background and his leg kicks.

Pettis wants a W lol

“I’m a good spot right now where I could make 155,” Pettis said. “Like the Nate Diaz fight, I only fought him at 176 pounds. I only gained six pounds with my weight cut. I want Diego Sanchez. That’s what I told Duke [Roufus].”

Diego will eat shots to keep Pettis out of kicking range and take him down and win via UD.

Pettis knows he bellator/ONE bound after his fight contract is up w UFC. Even calling out Diego let’s you know what he’s thinking. Just hoping for some fight of the night bonuses before it’s over

Side note. Be down to see Pettis/Cowboy again.

I disagree about Pettis being released after his contract runs out, as long as he maintains a near .500 winning % his name still resonates and he's only 32. He'll likely never contend for a belt again but I could see them keeping him as a high level gatekeeper for the upcoming prospects to make a name and the Cowboy rematch makes too much sense.

So Zabit vs Kattar no longer on the Boston card. I was contemplating going but that card is mad weak

I'd say Jeremy Stephens is an example of the UFC's ultimate gatekeeper, guy is 16-15 and has been around since 2007. Probably closest he got to a shot was his recent 3 win streak before getting KO'd against Aldo. I'd like to see Yair get a highlight reel KO over him this weekend.

Honorable mention to other gatekeepers like Clay Guida and Jim Miller who also never got title shots.

I'd say Jeremy Stephens is an example of the UFC's ultimate gatekeeper, guy is 16-15 and has been around since 2007. Probably closest he got to a shot was his recent 3 win streak before getting KO'd against Aldo. I'd like to see Yair get a highlight reel KO over him this weekend.

Honorable mention to other gatekeepers like Clay Guida and Jim Miller who also never got title shots.
Forgot he had htat kind of record. Dude speaks like he's 16-2

Back
Top Bottom