The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Usman v Masvidal SAT 7/11 @5PM PST on PPV

Joined Jul 18, 2012
^^^lol. Also, Mendes, Alvarez, Porier, Holloway were all hand picked?

This thread has so many hot takes.

Respect the resume. Max, Conor, and Aldo had great FW runs. Who is the best is up for debate and time.
When you beat someone is just as important as who they are. Max and Dustin today >>>> way better than when Connor fought them. Mendes was winning that fight with no camp and is a midget. Aldo today << pre USADA Aldo. Etc. Connors a paper champ. His resume is anything but unincroachable. Good fighter never been great imho. Hes gone 10 rds with Diaz and hasn't separated himself in my eyes from him but yet somehow he gets brought up in goat run talks... its beyond me.

Joined Nov 5, 2012
Luque is as legit as you can be before you start fighting contenders

Leon Edwards beat him when he was already on a 4 fight UFC win streak, and Luque has won 6 straight UFC fights after losing to Edwards

Edwards win over him looks that much better

Joined Nov 5, 2012
Just waiting for the buildup for next weekend's card. Want to see if Nate has an angle and if he has bigger plans to fight bigger names

Costa will probably be talking **** on Israel which should be funny

DC will probably have to field Jon Jones questions

Joined Nov 5, 2012
Jorge forced to acknowledge Leon now :lol:

According to Leon Edwards, the UFC has offered Jorge Masvidal the fight, but it was ultimately turned down by ‘Gamebred’ and his team.

Masvidal responded to ‘Rocky’s‘ claim during a media scrum at today’s UFC Uruguay event.

“It’s not going to be on his terms or whenever the f*ck he wants it,” Masvidal said. “It’ll always be on mine. That’s what bothers him so much inside. He’s got to look at this interview and people are going to call him and tell him. You’re a f*cking nobody. I run this show. You listen to me. When I say I’m going to kick your f*cking ***, I’m going to kick your f*cking ***. I’m going to get paid now. Like I said, 16 years I’ve been chasing this dream of getting the belt. You think I’m going to let some bug like this guy even slightly throw me off my road, my destiny towards my greatness? Towards the belt? I’m going to get the belt and I’m going to eliminate him off the face of the earth.”

Jorge Masvidal continued suggesting that Leon Edwards could be overrated.

“Everyone was saying Ben (Askren) was an amazing fighter before I fought him with all this grappling stuff. But after I five-seconded his ***, now they’re saying he’s overrated. I’m going to beat Leon (Edwards) so bad, they’re going to say the same sh*t about him. They’re going to say he’s overrated. There’s not one bone in my body that is not agreeing with what I’m saying. I’m going to murder that guy when we fight. He’s a scrub. You are a scrub, Leon, and you f*cking know it. The fight will take place when I say so.”

Joined Feb 20, 2013
That's true though.
And? Was it necessary? He had no business saying anything regarding basketball and Jeremy Lin, especially after saying racist remarks about Pacquiao.

Then he had the nerve to pull the race card when Conor said “Dance for me, boy”

Let Trump say something like that, I bet it’s a different tone.

Joined Aug 30, 2012
Perry/Luque was a bloody affair. Mike got his nose reconfigured...

The main event was the worst title fight I’ve ever watched. Carmouche had no business being there. She was content dancing, feinting. She never pressed and did anything of significance. Her coaches suck too.

Joined Nov 5, 2012
The women's 125 division is hilariously bad and the 135 division lacks much intrigue. There's not much going on outside of the 115 division... Nunes vs Cyborg II was never really that appealing and neither are the other possibilities of Nunes vs Germaine or Nunes vs Valentina

Joined Aug 30, 2012
I get why they made it. But man. It’s a shallow division. I couldn’t even tell you who would challenge Valentina next.

Amanda can fight GDR at 135.

115 has a few options.

They definitely need to ax the 145 division.

And 125 across both genders is a mess.

Joined Aug 30, 2012
They need more stars not belts lol.

No one cares who half the champions are. It’s the truth.

We look at the late 2000 hey day. Everyone knew who Randy Couture, Silva, Chuck Lidell, Brock, GSP, BJ Penn were. They were doing 400K+ buy rates.

Ask Joe Blow off the streets if he cares bout 115-145 women’s title fights or who the champions are.

Joined Nov 5, 2012
The thing is, the UFC has continued to grow and grow and rack up partnerships, first with Fox and Reebok and now with ESPN. They aren't feeling the need nor pressure to do anything differently except keep expanding and watering everything down

I have come to accept the trajectory they are on and just keep hoping that we still get good fights. For the most part we still do, there's just a lot of fluff crap in between and fake belts etc.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now