The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- O’Malley v Vera on NOW

guida sucks. Surprised commentators talking about the hof with him.
I feel the same, I don't think these guys like Guida, Miller and Diego should be HOF'ers when they did just enough to stay with the UFC so long but were never really considered elite. I know Diego challenged for a title but he's under .500 since then. I respect the longevity and work to stick around but I don't believe in just rewarding that criteria for the HOF.

Yeah, I dont really pay attention to Floyd enough to know he said that. I was always pulling for Manny in the fight that happened 6yrs after it was supposed to.

His comments don't change my opinion on Connor, Chael and now Colby. As said before, at least the latter two were funny sometimes to cool my rage.

Yeah, I remember this. Essentially he, and a few other guys were chirping that, J.Lin was 'overrated' and that if he was black, he'd just be another player and wouldn't be getting the coverage he was getting. :smh:

Now, here we are a number of years later and Scary Terry gets a 3yr $56.7 Mil deal for a playoff performance 2 yrs ago. But hey, just another player right?

All factual. The Knicks were decimated and essiently Lin had the usage rate of Westbrook or Harden. Theres legit 100 guys in the league it given 30 shots a night for 2 weeks woulda had similar runs

Anyway....

It's been over 1000 days now since Connors won a fight. If he fights Jorge I'm taking ALL bets. Gamebred washes him

Screenshot_20190810-080216_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20190810-080321_Google.jpg

Friendly reminder that the Irish fella fairs best against midgets and handpicked matchups. Once weight cutting is abolished I'm not sure he wins again. Had he only been fighting ppl his size would he be .500?

^^^lol. Also, Mendes, Alvarez, Porier, Holloway were all hand picked?

This thread has so many hot takes.

Respect the resume. Max, Conor, and Aldo had great FW runs. Who is the best is up for debate and time.

^^^lol. Also, Mendes, Alvarez, Porier, Holloway were all hand picked?

This thread has so many hot takes.

Respect the resume. Max, Conor, and Aldo had great FW runs. Who is the best is up for debate and time.

When you beat someone is just as important as who they are. Max and Dustin today >>>> way better than when Connor fought them. Mendes was winning that fight with no camp and is a ******. Aldo today << pre USADA Aldo. Etc. Connors a paper champ. His resume is anything but unincroachable. Good fighter never been great imho. Hes gone 10 rds with Diaz and hasn't separated himself in my eyes from him but yet somehow he gets brought up in goat run talks... its beyond me.

Luque is as legit as you can be before you start fighting contenders

Leon Edwards beat him when he was already on a 4 fight UFC win streak, and Luque has won 6 straight UFC fights after losing to Edwards

Edwards win over him looks that much better

Just waiting for the buildup for next weekend's card. Want to see if Nate has an angle and if he has bigger plans to fight bigger names

Costa will probably be talking **** on Israel which should be funny

DC will probably have to field Jon Jones questions

Jorge forced to acknowledge Leon now :lol:

According to Leon Edwards, the UFC has offered Jorge Masvidal the fight, but it was ultimately turned down by ‘Gamebred’ and his team.

Masvidal responded to ‘Rocky’s‘ claim during a media scrum at today’s UFC Uruguay event.

“It’s not going to be on his terms or whenever the f*ck he wants it,” Masvidal said. “It’ll always be on mine. That’s what bothers him so much inside. He’s got to look at this interview and people are going to call him and tell him. You’re a f*cking nobody. I run this show. You listen to me. When I say I’m going to kick your f*cking ***, I’m going to kick your f*cking ***. I’m going to get paid now. Like I said, 16 years I’ve been chasing this dream of getting the belt. You think I’m going to let some bug like this guy even slightly throw me off my road, my destiny towards my greatness? Towards the belt? I’m going to get the belt and I’m going to eliminate him off the face of the earth.”

Jorge Masvidal continued suggesting that Leon Edwards could be overrated.

“Everyone was saying Ben (Askren) was an amazing fighter before I fought him with all this grappling stuff. But after I five-seconded his ***, now they’re saying he’s overrated. I’m going to beat Leon (Edwards) so bad, they’re going to say the same sh*t about him. They’re going to say he’s overrated. There’s not one bone in my body that is not agreeing with what I’m saying. I’m going to murder that guy when we fight. He’s a scrub. You are a scrub, Leon, and you f*cking know it. The fight will take place when I say so.”

That's true though.
And? Was it necessary? He had no business saying anything regarding basketball and Jeremy Lin, especially after saying racist remarks about Pacquiao.

Then he had the nerve to pull the race card when Conor said “Dance for me, boy”

Let Trump say something like that, I bet it’s a different tone.

Back
Top Bottom