The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- O’Malley v Vera on NOW

I'm also interested in seeing those vids if you can post some links or let us know where to find them.

If anyone is looking for a good show with an MMA element checkout Kingdom that just dropped on Netflix today. It came out back in 2014 and has three seasons. I'm about halfway through season 2 so far (started watching online before it hit Netflix lol) and it's been a real good watch. Stars Frank Grillo and also has Matt Lauria (Luke from Friday Night Lights show).

I’m pretty sure the octagon gonna literally be built on the beach and have a roof/deck structure built over it like they did for khabib x dustin for 242...

242 was NOT indoors

I’m pretty sure the octagon gonna literally be built on the beach and have a roof/deck structure built over it like they did for khabib x dustin for 242...

242 was NOT indoors

I think that octagon on the beach was just for training purposes.

They did build a structure but it seems to be in some parking lot, you can see it in the 2nd half of this video:

Last edited by a moderator:
and that fighters will train on the beach if they please

giphy.gif

This vid got me hyped for 251, the roars are really cheesy though. Almost thought Till/Whittaker was on this card, can't wait for that fight at end of the month.

I think that octagon on the beach was just for training purposes.

They did build a structure but it seems to be in some parking lot, you can see it in the 2nd half of this video:

Didn’t see this vid, ahh yeah your right it does look like it will be in that enclosed, domed structure.

I remember after 241 guys were talking about how HUMID it was fighting outside and some doods went on to say it even played a factor in their fights.

Doesn’t look to be an issue this time around.

Porier validating Vince’s comments on Ariel’s show. Dustin confirmed that Teddy Atlas and his own boxing coach said he was admiring his work too much in exchanges.

And Till chasing Izzy not clown Perry. Not to say that’s not an option.

Porier validating Vince’s comments on Ariel’s show. Dustin confirmed that Teddy Atlas and his own boxing coach said he was admiring his work too much in exchanges.

And Till chasing Izzy not clown Perry. Not to say that’s not an option.
Is Adesanya vs Costa is not a sure thing? Barring injury or some other freak accident.

Not signed yet for some weird reason. Also the exact dates for LW title fight not yet decided and LHW is weirdly not planned at all.

It appears they are aiming for Justin/Khabib on UFC 253 (Stipe/DC 3 is 252) which would be in September.

No idea on the LHW picture but if JJ really sitting out then perhaps they do a vacant title fight at 253 or 254. Also I'm thinking the Izzy/Costa fight will also need to be international due to current travel situations, interested to see if they keep doing fights at UAE later this year.

It’s gotta be a weird thing for ali seeing his top dogs fight each other

he’s ride or die khabib and usman, like he was literally willing to go to war and jail over conor and Colby

Yet usman is training with Justin. He gotta be torn even tho I think if it came down to it he’d ride with khabib over Justin

^^^ Why is it weird for Ali? The number of clients he has. It was bound to happen.

Also WSoF/PFL?

Maybe Burns/Usman is on a greater level.

And NOW Gaethje/Khabib is on an even greater level. Khabib is the biggest star in the UFC thanks to McNuggets sitting out. The Russian fans and the Muslim.

I hope Justin can get the bag.

Also...Shane Helms on the A Side...spitting massive truths about the UFC model.

^^^ Why is it weird for Ali? The number of clients he has. It was bound to happen.

Also WSoF/PFL?

Maybe Burns/Usman is on a greater level.

And NOW Gaethje/Khabib is on an even greater level. Khabib is the biggest star in the UFC thanks to McNuggets sitting out. The Russian fans and the Muslim.

I hope Justin can get the bag.

Also...Shane Helms on the A Side...spitting massive truths about the UFC model.
It’s weird because of how loyal he is to his guys. And now they’re fighting for a belt. Not saying he’s losing sleep over it but yeah and now he’s got one client helping another client fight against his other client for the biggest prize

https://dominancemma.com/

Go there.

Marlon Moraes and Henry Cejudo are clients of his. They fought last year For a title.

I’m trying to tell you this is nothing new for Ali. He’s got a large clientele. He’s also had huge ownership/equity in the artist formerly known as WSoF. He probably had quite a few clients who fought for those PFL checks.

Ali is the biggest power broker in MMA. Regardless of past and accusations, he takes care of his personnel. No one has complained.

I will say...Henry wanted more money. I’d counter Ali probably doesn’t try to ruffle feathers with UFC.

You like to argue bro lol

For one ali never tried to fight any of Henry’s or marlons opponents like he did with Colby and conor

Usman and khabib are directly linked in this circumstance I’m pointing out. His bond with khabib and usman are proven to be intense

If you want to act like it’s not a thing go ahead he can even say it but I wouldn’t believe him

Back
Top Bottom