The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- O’Malley v Vera on NOW

Had no idea Nickal was going to fight on the DWCS tonight, very interesting. He only has 1 pro MMA fight, I figured he'd develop at the regional scene

UFC isn't the right place to start your pro career

“I have nothing bad to say about Wallid. He is an honest person and very professional, I just have compliments about him,” Costa said (translation by Sherdog). “We just have different views about my career and, because of that, we decided to not work together anymore.”

According to Costa, he will now be represented by his girlfriend, Tamara Alves, with the move taking effect immediately. Costa dropping Ismail as his manager happen just two months after current UFC flyweight champ Deiveson Figueiredo let go of Ismail as his manager.

Let him fight someone right outside the top 15. Then maybe someone like Brunson or Hall or Strickland. Then someone who can grapple a bit... if he can get 2-3 quality wins that's more than enough to get a title shot
I just remembered I called this **** after pereria’s ufc debut lol.. down to the opponents lol

All he needed was 3 ufc wins to get the title shot

Pereira is 35, I didn’t realize this, so it makes even more sense for them to fast track him. I had a feeling they’d do that from the jump

“He tried to call [for] Diaz, McGregor, but he forgets my name. And when they ask about me he says he needs money or something like this. But when he fights with Dustin [Poirier] or Justin Gaethje, he doesn’t think about money. Now when he says he has to fight Islam, he either tries to say, ‘I want to fight in Brazil, I want to fight in the end of this year, or I need some money.’”

“Yeah, [he’s making excuses],” Makhachev said. “This is embarrassing because he said Islam has to fight one more time or something like this. But UFC told him, ‘Hey if you do not take this fight, we’re going to give the chance to Michael Chandler.’ That’s why he took this fight.

“He’s lost in the UFC seven times. He’s not gonna be upset if he loses one more time. People finished him seven times in the UFC and this guy’s champion in my division. I’m very upset because of [this].”

“Everybody who says Dustin Poirier or Justin Gaethje or other guys ... they’re all guys that are old, they have money, they don’t challenge,” Makhachev said. “We have new blood. Me, [Mateusz] Gamrot, Beneil Dariush, these are really tough guys for him. Because Dustin Poirier or Justin Gaethje, they’re never grappling, just striking. That’s why this is easy fight for him. But he knows Islam Makhachev is a very hard fight for him.

Sterling today was adamant that he and merab would not fight, ever

He said he plans to corner merab in Salt Lake City and if they both win their fights, “it’s a good problem to have”

He said whoever thinks friends fighting don’t ruin friendships doesn’t know anything

I can’t see Merab (if he beats Aldo) getting a title shot before Henry, Yan (if he beats O’Malley), O’Malley (if he beats Yan).

“I have nothing bad to say about Wallid. He is an honest person and very professional, I just have compliments about him,” Costa said (translation by Sherdog). “We just have different views about my career and, because of that, we decided to not work together anymore.”

According to Costa, he will now be represented by his girlfriend, Tamara Alves, with the move taking effect immediately. Costa dropping Ismail as his manager happen just two months after current UFC flyweight champ Deiveson Figueiredo let go of Ismail as his manager.

Interesting that these guys have been so diplomatic about Wallid. Maybe because of his pull in Brazil?

Alex Perreira actually fought MMA long before Adesanya, fighting in Wallid’s promotion Jungle Fight. He left MMA for kickboxing again because he said Wallid was such a scumbag he wanted no parts.

Interesting that these guys have been so diplomatic about Wallid. Maybe because of his pull in Brazil?

Alex Perreira actually fought MMA long before Adesanya, fighting in Wallid’s promotion Jungle Fight. He left MMA for kickboxing again because he said Wallid was such a scumbag he wanted no parts.
Wow I had no clue pereira felt that way about Wallid

Wonder if Glover and them feel the same

Figgy just left wallid too and they both went in on each other

Marlon Vera really is coming into his own

I see a change in his fight style in terms of amping up the excitement

I see that his personality is coming out more and more. He’s actually hilarious I slept on his persona

He really a goon and dgaf

Back
Top Bottom