The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Could easily see that relationship going south if sterling continues to win and has second thoughts on going up

The second sterling drops the belt those paychecks get a lot smaller

Kinda happy they aren't going straight to the Volk v Islam rematch, I don't think it's called for

Let them go back to their divisions

I only wish Topuria was closer to a title shot. Based on merit he's getting there but name value is almost zilch

I'm not giving Yair that much of a chance to beat Volk tbh

A Volk FW title fight and Islam LW title fight = two title fights to fill cards. Both of their stock has risen after their fight of the year contest. It’s a win/win to let them fight contenders. Depending on what happens with Max/Arnold and any ascending FWs, I could see Volk defending again. And LW is pretty up in the air.

So we could get that IFW July card with Volk/Yair and JJ/Stipe, sign me the eff up!

In no shape or form would they make Merab vs O'Malley unless it's for the title and Sean gets a couple defenses first lol. If Aljo does beat Cejudo and Vera (if he beats Cory) it will be interesting if he really wants to move up.

Just remembered Edwards v Usman II was in SLC at altitude

That was for sure a factor for both men that night. Without altitude it'll be real interesting......

Isn’t Whitman’s camp out of Denver, Colorado?

So more so an issue for Leon than Kamaru. But, I hope it’s a more competitive contest this time.

Could be worse for Leon... he hasn't looked good in a majority of 2 fights with Usman...
I don’t know how it could be worse than the first two fights lol. He got smothered in both. Usman isn’t intimidated of his gas tank or wrestling like Colby.
Got Gaitje and edwards this weekend

IMO usman not gonna be the same after that bad of a ko
I still favor Usman. I like Rocky and would be happy if he won. But like Vince said, he doesn’t exactly move the needle. Usman can come with his horrible clinch and pepper a la Woodley or Masvidal fight. He can come with the barn burner striking exchange a la Burns or Covington fights. He can mix it up like the second Masvidal fight. He’s shown he can adapt.

But I’m hoping Leon can bring it this Saturday in front of his home crowd.

I don’t know how it could be worse than the first two fights lol. He got smothered in both. Usman isn’t intimidated of his gas tank or wrestling like Colby.

I still favor Usman. I like Rocky and would be happy if he won. But like Vince said, he doesn’t exactly move the needle. Usman can come with his horrible clinch and pepper a la Woodley or Masvidal fight. He can come with the barn burner striking exchange a la Burns or Covington fights. He can mix it up like the second Masvidal fight. He’s shown he can adapt.

But I’m hoping Leon can bring it this Saturday in front of his home crowd.
How you feeling on the Gaitje fight?

Back
Top Bottom