The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Aint nobody going to remember this trilogy bro lol

Depends on perspective. If you’re looking for rock’em sock’em robots or any Justin Gaethje fight, this trilogy wasn’t that. But in the end, it could actually be the most technical WW trilogy of all time. I’m not going to sit here and say the fight yesterday was exciting. I think because the threat of wrestling was always there, Leon had to be more cautious. Whereas Colby and Usman knew the wrestling was going to be a wash and kept it standing. Won’t lie, I wouldn’t mind them running it back one more time.

But having said that, WW has been as stagnant as LW. Dudes just refusing to fight contenders and waiting out for title fights.

tbh the only guys that deserve it more than Colby are Belal and Rahkmanov

We all know exactly why those two men aren't at the top of the list. I completely understand why neither are getting the nod and you guys know you do too lol

Gilbert Burns has a case however I wouldn't say it's that much more compelling than Colby's. They both alternated wins and losses in the past 4 fights

I don't think Colby getting the nod over Burns is some kind of tragedy

Depends on perspective. If you’re looking for rock’em sock’em robots or any Justin Gaethje fight, this trilogy wasn’t that. But in the end, it could actually be the most technical WW trilogy of all time. I’m not going to sit here and say the fight yesterday was exciting. I think because the threat of wrestling was always there, Leon had to be more cautious. Whereas Colby and Usman knew the wrestling was going to be a wash and kept it standing. Won’t lie, I wouldn’t mind them running it back one more time.

But having said that, WW has been as stagnant as LW. Dudes just refusing to fight contenders and waiting out for title fights.
I mean, even hardcores aren't going to hail this as some kind of historic trilogy. Nobody remembers the first fight. The second fight wasn't compelling at all outside of a few moments. The third fight was a snooze sparring match

Belal, come on down…you’re the next contestant on humble fighter getting skipped for a title shot!!

So Belal has to fight the “It” guy they’re currently pushing to possibly get his title shot.

I’m not saying there’s an agenda…

Hopefully, he gets the shoulder and knee treated.

And even more so, they give him a top 15 opponent. UFC needs to stop this ducking if fighter pay is going to be the status quo. Or Colby needs to pop off about fighter pay instead of sitting out a year plus and spouting that tired Trump rhetoric he’s been spouting the last three years. 🥱

Bellal been super active and winning. Really feels like he’s getting skipped for an earned title shot and fed to a killer that’ll stop all the momentum he’s built to get there if he loses, and then that shot will never come.

Dana gotta be happy Kanye isn’t a ufc fan ranting about why this may be :lol:

Colby does not deserve a title fight :lol:

His only ranked win is Jorge. And hasn't fought anyone coming off a w8n in 5 years.

Gilbert deserves it more than him and if Jorge beats Gulbert he actually beats a higher ranked guy than Colby and would deserve it more.

Glad Leon sticking to his guns and saying Colby doesn't deserve ****. He won't give him that shot unless they pay him.

Wonder if Khamzat has travel visa issues with his ties to **** dictator Kadyrov? That could be the only reason I think of to hold him til the yas island card.

UFC going back to London before the end of the year. Leon should only fight in the UK tbh. He came off as a superstar all week over there. And as an east coast guy, i ****ing love these 5pm ppv times.

Wonder if Khamzat has travel visa issues with his ties to **** dictator Kadyrov? That could be the only reason I think of to hold him til the yas island card.
No. He doesn’t have travel issues. If I’m reading between the lines, he’s either hurt or he’s suspended.
UFC going back to London before the end of the year. Leon should only fight in the UK tbh. He came off as a superstar all week over there. And as an east coast guy, i ****ing love these 5pm ppv times.
Most definitely. They (the UFC) needs to make sure they foster these international fan bases. Heard they’re going to Canad, Korea and Abu Dhabi (yawn). UK is a great fan base. There’s plenty of stars they can throw on the card. Shore, Aspinall, Arnold, Gunni, Leon, Molly Meatball, Paddy the Baddy, and a few others.

I’d like to see them go back to China. And then let’s start percolating that Africa card.

Of course Colby doesn't deserve the shot :lol: but the other options have clear reasons for being behind in line

Gilbert's case isn't all that compelling either. They both alternated wins and losses in the past 4 fights. Gilbert won more recently against Magny compared to Jorge. Not a big blatant snub *shrug

This isn't the big deal it's being made out to be :lol: over Gilbert f'n Burns :lol:

Belal and Rahkmanov unfairly have more work to do but again- we all know why. These quiet non drama dudes are usually working uphill to get a title shot, let alone in a packed division like 170

Colby's last 4 opponents were ranked just like Burn's were. Much better option is a stretch

Jorge, Usman, Woodley, Usman vs Magney, Chimaev, Thompson, Usman

Again- if we're going to make a huge deal of this, by all means go for it. It doesn't seem like a big ordeal though or worth even a little outrage

Objectively: Magny and Wonderboy are better wins than the versions of Jorge and Woodley that Colby beat. Not arguing that one bit

Going back to the original point- if that's enough to cause a consternation then idk

As nitpicky as I can get about Dana's weird decision making this doesn't even rank up there in the top 5 or 10 worst decisions. Like, it really isn't a big deal imo nor do I feel like anyone is dying to see Burns get a shot even if he beats Jorge

Meh, Edwards poked Belal's eye out, then beat an old Nate Diaz. Then sat out for over a year before fighting Kamaru(also sat out like 2 years before poking Belal's eye out). Him getting the shot didnt make sense either. Atleast Colby is well known. I chuckled when he said the Colby fight didnt make sense.

170 division bout to be in pergatory until someone beats Edwards/Colby. Neither of them dudes fight. I forsee a couple of interim belts at 170.

If Colby/Leon does happen international fight week, please make belal and shavkat on the same card

Back
Top Bottom