The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

I agree. I forgot Colby was the interim title holder becuz of UFC shenanigans. Then there were more shenanigans with Woodley and him, which led to Usman getting a title shot.

There was a point when the same dudes were getting passed around to Kamaru, Colby, and Leon. Maia, RDA, etc.

Leon was supposed to fight Woodley around the pandemic outbreak. Then he sat out until the finger poke fight. And somehow got gifted a Nate Diaz fight.

That division has been held up for a minute due to the same bs at LW. It’s one thing when Whitaker or Izzy have beaten many in the top ten and waiting for new challengers to pop up. It’s another when there’s a handful of guys like Porier/Gaethje/Chandler or Covington/Edwards just kind of crouch on the top denying new contenders fights. At least gate keep like Max.

Sigh

Someone must have put him up on party shirts and Cubans.

My man thinking it’s 1776 and crying the British are coming.

Making fun of the clef on Khamzat.

Leon not fighting for two years and coming off beating Nate Diaz to challenge for the title.

Calling Kamaru old.

Oldie but goodie:

Last edited:
76C5C7F6-6CBE-4431-A20D-A90F766B8CDB.jpeg

#Stolen
Main Card on ESPN+ (7PM ET):
170 lbs.: Marlon Vera vs. Cory Sandhagen
135 lbs.: Holly Holm vs. Yana Santos
125 lbs.: Andrea Lee vs. Maycee Barber
185 lbs.: Chidi Njokuani vs. Albert Duraev
125 lbs.: Alex Perez vs. Manel Kape
145 lbs.: Nate Landwehr vs. Austin Lingo

Prelims on ESPN+ (4PM ET):
125 lbs.: CJ Vergara vs. Daniel Da Silva
145 lbs.: Daniel Pineda vs. Tucker Lutz
170 lbs.: Trevin Giles vs. Preston Parsons
145 lbs.: Steven Peterson vs. Lucas Alexander
125 lbs.: Vinicius Salvador vs. Victor Altamirano
155 lbs.: Manuel Torres vs. Trey Ogden
135 lbs.: Tamires Vidal vs. Hailey Cowan

Good to have Colbys loud mouth back but really want to see someone pummel him in the cage... also, make no mistake, he is fighting for a title next... Dana sees the $$$ he brings to fight...

If he wins the the title. Can’t duck anyone then.

Khamzat. Shavkat. Belal. Usman. Masvidal. WB. Neal. Perfect. Everyone call him out and talk about how they want to brake his jaw, arm, legs and back.

Good to have Colbys loud mouth back but really want to see someone pummel him in the cage... also, make no mistake, he is fighting for a title next... Dana sees the $$$ he brings to fight...
Where's the evidence that Colby Covington is a big PPV seller?

Not saying he isn't.

...but where's the evidence?

He isn’t a proven ppv draw

However mma fighting.com who btw all of those dudes over there had a fit that colby got the nod, they said today that the metrics they got back were high in terms of any colby related content

They were surprised and said Dana probably saw all the same numbers too (from the surprise weigh in) and perhaps helped make the decision

Dumb reminer. Colby said that when Edwards hadnt fought since 2019. It for sure would have been a gift then.
How does he explain the Muhammed and Chimaev ducking recently?

As far as metrics, social media isn’t a gauge to PPV sales. Colby is probably a notable name. But needle moved, haven’t seen it. Masvidal was the A side in their fight. And the Usman fights didn’t do gang busters. And I want to say I remember there being low numbers for that Woodley fight.

I don’t want to work Biker, E or Dave into a shoot. I don’t think it’s a Colby problem. It’s a UFC one. They just don’t promote their guys like wrestling, boxing, cooking network, NBA, etc. I think Colby should be a heel like figure with Xpac Heat who the fans should be rooting for his loss or KO. But all that MAGA rhetoric is only making the MMA media circles. It’s not like he was invited on Joe Rogan, Andrew Tate, etc.

Personally, Dana gotta low key hope Masvidal wins. That’s the biggest name he can marry up with Leon. And there’s a real story there. That’s a guaranteed 500 PPV buy even if Leon will wrestle duck the hell out Jorge.

There’s a story with masvidal, belal and khamzat that makes the fight more of a draw than Colby.

Also, I felt Ariel made a great point today. How many times do we hear Dana say you don’t make fights the night of a fight. Here he was with a great opportunity to pump up his next card, speak to how this outcome makes the next ppv fight between burns and masvidal an even bigger fight now with higher stakes and instead he pretty much craps on that fight. A co main event for his next ppv and he doesn’t push it whatsoever, instead says Colby is next no matter what. I just don’t understand it.

Maybe it’s true, Dana told Colby don’t rat…

We got a card coming up in Miami!!!!!!!!!!

I can’t believe ya didn’t mention all of the offensive, reprehensible, downright flagrant things Colby said to Submission Radio re: Islam, Jon Jones, Usman, Leon, Khamzat, etc.

I wonder how that Miami crowd is going to respond when he stands up by the cage. He better not go to Miami Beach after.

it should be leon and belal and you want colby to fight for a title give him shavkhat and see if either guy can pass that test

Ariel, and we as a fanbase know way better than to try to hold Dana to a standard or a precedent

Trying to hold Dana accountable for anything he's said or done is pointless. If history proves anything- it's that Dana will do what he wants when he wants, logic be damned

tbh Chimaev f'd himself. Belal suffers from the same thing many before him like Leon endured- not having a personality and having mostly boring fights. Of course those two are way better options based on merit but we know this sport isn't all about merit

If Jorge were to beat Gilbert- ok, I'd get it. Storyline, even though they should have made that fight so long ago :smh:

But at the same time, Jorge would be getting gifted yet another underserved title shot :lol: One win in 4 fights and now he's got a title shot because he acted like a scum bag years ago

Back
Top Bottom