The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

I like Mcgregor but damn I didn’t know Connor was dissing dude like that though :smh: . Religion, wifey, family should be off topic but the actual fighter hey go ahead. I also saw dude was drinking at the conference :lol: :smh: .

Anyone wanna explain to me what sambo is? Khabib has a background in it?
Sambo is basically a mix of Judo, freestyle wrestling and boxing. No gi like other martial arts. just pure violence b lmao

Word is they’re holding Khabib’s check, but already gave Conor his.

Video shows McGregor threw the first punch in the cage brawl , whether or not Khabib went after Danis.

I like Mcgregor but damn I didn’t know Connor was dissing dude like that though :smh: . Religion, wifey, family should be off topic but the actual fighter hey go ahead. I also saw dude was drinking at the conference :lol: :smh: .

Eastern military death martial arts lol. No, really

Also I saw muayThai isn’t big in ufc no more? I thought that’s like a staple in ufc? Also is grappling and wrestling the same thing cuz I always associate the two together.

Sambo is essentially a mix of all major forms of grappling. Both takedowns and ground game
Then let me help you.

If you wouldn’t call yourself “extraordinary” in either, or moreso, both, capacities, I’m not sure you have best handle on which is “easier” or “harder” to master.
I get what you are saying, good Lord you're still on this? Been trying to drop for the last three posts now.

If any of us aren't extraordinary in any sport, then we have no business talking about it according to your logic.

We are fans. Saying you need experience (which I have) to properly judge is flat out foolish and besides the point.

Nevermind the fact that we have empirical evidence before our eyes to show confirm my statements.

But AGAIN, agree to disagree. And good night :lol:

Video shows McGregor threw the first punch in the cage brawl , whether or not Khabib went after Danis.

He wasn’t necessarily the aggressor in that tho. Khabibs mans was coming for him and he hit him

Also I saw muayThai isn’t big in ufc no more? I thought that’s like a staple in ufc? Also is grappling and wrestling the same thing cuz I always associate the two together.
a big component of Muay Thai is the 12-6 elbow which is banned in the UFC. but the components of it are still very key. Alistair Overeem was merking cats when he first came to the UFC with his striking skills

When dude is squaring up with you, you get what’s coming. Conor just acting off instinct

Muay Thai is tricky for MMA. If the kick isn’t quick enough it’s an opportunity for a take down. The strong clinch and elbows are definitely the aspect from Muay Thai that don’t get used enough in the cage.

I look at it like this ...

If Conor did what Khabib did I would be celebrating my *** off and trying to figure out how to buy a case of Proper Twelve ... As a fan of Conor, his stock took about as bad a hit as it could have tonight ... I'm not ready for the washed portion of Conor's career yet ... But his ONLY option is a rematch with Khabib and I dont know how he beats dude ...

Now, the **** that Khabib's folks did was sucker **** ... I'm not mad at Khabib or Danis or whoever ... But the three dudes - two dudes looked like they had corner gloves on and then the red shirt - should get all the way the **** up outta here and never be allowed near a ring again ...

I cant believe Conor got taken down so quickly and then got dropped with that right in the 2nd ... I thought he was done with the lazy, cocky **** after Diaz 1 but it was clear his little strut and $100M payday gassed him up ...

Conor was pedestrian ... He looked like every other Khabib opponent ... This one is just a **** ...

So lemme ask you guys this if you were about to nikeid a fighter in terms of fight style/background what would he consist of?

When dude is squaring up with you, you get what’s coming. Conor just acting off instinct

That’s fair, but it was Zubaira Tukhugov who isn’t much of a challenge for Conor. He actually straight up said he planned to walk up on Conor and y’all to him after Khabib beats him. That’s exactly what he did.

I expect the Zubaira/Artem fight to be canceled now.

Conor is far from washed. He prob beats anybody else in the LW division besides maybe Tony and I’d favor Conor in that too. Khabib is just a different animal

Well, I’m done with all this.

Main takeaways

. Connor looked absolutely horrible
. Dana White is currently finding a way to keep Connor champion :lol:
. Connor will in no way shape or form want a rematch
. The Notorious gimmick is dead. He should rock with “the family man”

Back
Top Bottom