The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- O’Malley v Vera on NOW

Well, at least he agrees with my assessment

UFC lightweight contender Kevin Lee believes that taking a fight with Gregor Gillespie was the dumbest decision he could’ve made as he attempts to get back in the win column at UFC 244.

“To be honest with you, this is the dumbest fight I could’ve took,” he said (transcription courtesy of Bloody Elbow). “A guy who’s incredibly tough, he can take a hell of a shot, he can keep coming forward, and he can make a fight really boring, he can make it really frustrating for you. And he’s got a hell of a gas tank, too. So, this is the most dangerous fight I could’ve took. It really don’t make much sense, but I love a challenge, I love doing s*** like this.”

Rumble going to fight someone before Jon?

Or is he coming back just for this one off money fight?

He started out the interview with "**** Yair"

“I feel good,” Jeremy Stephens said after open workouts. “Cool as a cucumber. Calm like a bomb. Ready to go off. I’m gonna kill this kid. If he don’t die, it don’t count. That’s what I’m thinking. It’s always personal. It’s always personal when you fight, this kid’s trying to take money off my kid’s table. What if I was coming into your house, taking food off your table and smacking your kid? That’s the way I look at it. How would you feel if I was to do that? Personal? F**k yeah, it’s personal.

“It’s a fight. You only get one check if you lose, you think this is a game? You think this is a sport? It’s not a sport, it’s fist fighting bro. I’m fighting for my blood, I’m fighting for my family every time I step in there.”

Watched the Chuck and Tito 30 for 30 last night, good watch. They did include lots of info I already knew like origins of the UFC, Dana and Fertitta's purchase. But they also had stuff I didn't know about like Chuck and Tito's upbringing and there struggles after leaving the UFC. Man Dana really hates Tito lol, he calls him an idiot throughout the doc. I mean I'm not a huge Tito fan but have some respect for a guy that was one of the first faces of the org.

I had also never see any footage of their trilogy fight with Golden Boy, I knew numbers were low but 25k buys??? Yeeesh.

It premiered on ESPN last night. I know ESPN+ has all the 30 for 30s now but you may be able to find it online somewhere if you dont have +.
Its not on there. I looked. I did find it on my YouTube TV recorded.

I’d probably give it a few days after they’re done milking it for ratings on TV. They have the Rodman30 for 30 so it shouldn’t be long.

Conor begging for that fight is lowkey sad. Nobody cares about that matchup even a little bit. Frankie wants to go to 135 and Conor is a natural 155 if not 165

Frankie is part of the pick me Conor crowd.

Cowboy gracefully asking.

Give credit to Justin for spitting hot fire at the Irish Fella.
Anyways...

Weidman or Reyes

Stephans or Rodriguez?

Personally, I’ve got Reyes. And desperately want Stephans to beat Yair’s butt.

Dana was on Boston sports radio this morning. Said Conor isn't getting the Frankie fight and hinted at him possibly getting the winner of Nate/Jorge.

Good. That Frankie fight is a joke.

Winner of Nate/Jorge sounds like a move. Either that or the Poirier rematch.

Wish he'd fight Gaethje so Gaethje could knock him senseless. But if Masvidal beats Diaz ( which i totally expect him to) he could probably do the same.

So I'm guessing the BMF belt ain't a one off thing like Dana said huh lol.

Last I heard was if Jorge wins he wants Conor. Which is strange because he'd be right in line for the title at that point.

But he is apparently a true "prize fighter".

Yair Rodriguez said:
Jeremy Stephens realized he was in ‘deep sh*t’ and he wanted out of their first fight

This kid is insufferable and a POS. I've never seen anyone stick and convince themselves to the lie like it's the truth so quickly.

Bro weidman setting himself up for an EPIC loss tomorrow, dude is going on and on about jones looking all the way past reyes.

Chris entering rockhold delusion.

Got Reyes by UD, he stops the takedown and beats chris with volume.

Stephens via TKO maybe ground n pound. Yair obviously gonna stay on the outside and try to point his way to a win, 3 rounds definitely favors Yair.

also seen louzan is fighting, would be cool to see him get a win

Last I heard was if Jorge wins he wants Conor. Which is strange because he'd be right in line for the title at that point.

But he is apparently a true "prize fighter".

Can't even be mad at it. Him and Nate are each getting more pub and probably more money for their next fight than Colby and Usman combined for their title fight.

I can't even think of the last time a title fight was completely overshadowed by two contenders fighting in the same weight class. Not sure if it ever happened before tbh.

Colby

”I can tell you who’s not wrapping it around my waist, and that will not be Dana White,” Covington told “Submission Radio.” “If he tries to wrap it around my waist, I’m gonna take the belt from him and slap him in the face with it.”

Back
Top Bottom