The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Jorge does have the ability to be wildly entertaining but he also has known to be tentative against some guys. With Colby looking to get the next shot I wonder if they do Jorge vs Edwards or someone like Askren to see where he's at.

Imo Leon is only behind Colby in deserving a title shot. Leon outstruck the striker cowboy and went to the ground with Gunnar. That’s really impressive

Jorges win was great and with another win against a contender he’d deserve a title shot himself

With their feud the fight makes perfect sense. Leon isn’t going to get a title shot soon so he knows he has to take another fight

Until Pettis loses to an inferior opponent he’ll still be at least lingering

Imo he’s been done competing for a title for a while now if that’s what you meant

If he beats wonderboy obviously that changes

Pettis is Bellator/ One Championship bound. He’s just looking for money fights right now. Lost title to RDA and hasn’t recovered. He’s 3-6 in his last 9 fights. Beating Olivera, Miller and Chiesa. Gonna need another Showtime cage kick to be relevant again imo

Leon Edwards' bro who is a 185er and an upcoming prospect in Bellator says it's on sight with Jorge

“Like you seen in the video, my brother was walking by and he said to him, ‘July the 7th,’ Masvidal said, ‘maybe,’ and that was it, there was nothing really and truly; there was no sh*t talking. There was no instigating, [Leon] was trying to make a fight happen.”

“The thing that pissed me off about it was the way he walked over. He walked over calm; hands behind his back…and then he starts throwing punches knowing well that security was going to jump on it. I tried to smash his head in myself, but we had about 100 security guards between us, so I couldn’t get my hands on him.

“If I see that man again he’s f*cked. I probably won’t see him in the cage because he’s a different weight class to me, but if I see him outside I’m smashing him. It’s personal now.”

Super Spin doctor.

Edwards could’ve been a man, waited for the interview to be over and approached Jorge like a man.

Jorge was in the middle of an interview and Edwards was provoking things.

Agreed on Pettis not being the same after RDA. Adopted that GSP safe mentality.

I don’t think pettis started fighting safe, he just went on a decline. he’s had trouble with grapplers but then he was getting washed by strikers too.

I don’t find anything wrong with what Leon did and I don’t find that much wrong with Jorge’s 3 piece and a soda

Tbh from the reports it doesn’t seem like Leon said anything inflammatory at all and his previous quotes on Jorge don’t seem disrespectful

Jorge imo was tired overall of ww’s Talking trash and then not signing a contract to fight. So it was the straw that broke the camels back

Jorge seems to have overreacted but again I’m happy there’s no consequences it wasn’t necessary

jorge seems the type to take offense to anything. someone says hi to him and he’s ready to punch him.

all fun and games until someone pulls out a gun or weapon
i am legit expecting one of these fighters or their entourage to pull a firearm out in an altercation at a weigh in, hotel encounter, after the fight, etc. lots of dudes yapping and some just ain't with all that promotion/tough talk (ie khabib and his crew)

Bros, I'm feeling more and more like Max is gonna starch "Diamond." Like a R2 or R3 finish. The hand speed advantage is too real. "Blessed" a death by accumulation kind of guy. Wears you down with constant pressure. Full-fledged barrage.

Max gets hit alot, so we gotta see how he handles Dustin's power. But if his chin stands up then yeah I also think he can outbox him, and I can see a possible stoppage on accumulation. Super hyped for that fight

Bros, I'm feeling more and more like Max is gonna starch "Diamond." Like a R2 or R3 finish. The hand speed advantage is too real. "Blessed" a death by accumulation kind of guy. Wears you down with constant pressure. Full-fledged barrage.

Blessed era

IF Max wins I fully believe he will starch Conor too

Why would Connor fight Max? Dudes clearly finished being an upper echelon fighter, hes jus looking to grab a bag once a year for the next 3, 4, 5 years and retire imho. Make another 100-200 million beating up midgets

I'm not sure we see Conor even fight in 2019. Banked $100M last year. Just had a second child with Dee. Man's chillin'.

It still amazes me when dustin diamond wins standup exchanges by throwing almost all looping punches. he should be eating a bunch of straight rights and lefts until he gets put to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom