The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- O’Malley v Vera on NOW

I wouldn’t bet on woodley knocking anyone out,

but if you want to see colby get driven into the cage all night you guys are in for a treat!

Why this guy being all normal all of a sudden lol

“Yeah, definitely I can’t look at the odds, that’s not going to be reflective of what the fight is going to be like and how close the fight could be,” Colby Covington said to TSN. “If I look at the odds, it just looks like it’s going to be a cakewalk and I’m just going to walk through him. Realistically, that’s not what it’s going to be. This is a heated rivalry, this is a genuine beef, this isn’t a manufactured beef. We want to rip each other heads off.

“I can’t look at the odds and saying he (Woodley) is past his time. He isn’t past his time, he is 38-years-old. Daniel Cormier is 41-years-old and just fought for a world title. Why aren’t people saying Daniel Cormier is past his time? Yeah, he got beat his past two fights by decision but no one has finished him,” Colby Covington continued. “I feel like if I go finish Tyron Woodley on Saturday night, I cement myself to get another title shot. Or a fight with Street Judas Masvidal.”

Wow they changed his stance

“He has great wrestling, but he couldn’t have control on the ground, he didn’t put the hooks to finish,” said Covington head coach Daniel Valverde (via Google Translate). “We are working on it a lot now, mixing judo and wrestling. He changed these technical transitions on the floor. Before, he didn’t control from below, but now the guy is going to take the drop and stay there, ”said the coach, before highlighting his confidence in the new pupil.

“His head is wonderful, he is a born competitor,” Valverde added, forecasting more stoppage wins from Covington. “Now we have been able to correct some mistakes he made in his career. Woodley was never submitted or knocked out and this time it will be. He (Colby) is much more confident.”

““He’s not a southpaw and we found that out,” Carneiro said. “He is right-handed, and in wrestling he puts his right leg in front to knock it down. In training we saw that he never felt comfortable making the right, so he didn’t knock anyone out. But now it has changed and everyone will see it. Before, he took the right and dropped his hand, so he took another one.”

I think that Usman fight, really has ppl 2nd guessing Woodleys grappling/wrestling

Michael Chandler to the UFC? While I'd like to see him against top guys like Tony I just don't see it going well for him. We all saw what happened with Will Brooks who had beaten Chandler and was younger when he made his UFC debut.

Yikes at that Colby stance switch..

e05b4cb8-3825-4533-88e0-610bfad1d636_text.gif

Back
Top Bottom