The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Who knows how much they’re making with ppv points now because of espn format

The embeddeds show how these guys are living, dc looks like he’s pretty well off but then again he gets paid for being a commentator and other gigs too

Stipe said he just bought a new house

I’d wager the ufc still ain’t paying much ppv points or not. Nate might not even have gotten a share

Derek Brunson lives 5 minutes away from me so I always support him to the fullest but how the helllllll did he make more than Romero and Costa?

Feel like it might be more difficult to attain high level boxing level. Deontay, Spence, Joshua, Fury, Paquio, GGG, Canello, etc are the cream of the crop.

What do top contenders or journeymen get? Like Masvidal and Diaz are enjoying popularity but you’d consider them journeys since they’re not champs and sort of low ranked for awhile.

Boxing has also been around much longer than MMA so it's tricky comparing the two directly

As long as Dana is in charge, and the new owners still owe on their 4 billion dollar investment, pay days probably won't be improving on a grand scale any time soon

Can't wait to see how much Dana pays its Zuffa boxers though

A few other interesting weight notes. Daniel Cormier weighed 247 pounds on fight night after weighing in at 236.5 on Friday. Miocic was 233 after being 230.5 on Friday. Sodiq Yusuff weighed 169.2 after weighing in at 145. He was 15.9 percent over the contracted weight class. Paulo Costa 213.8 pounds on fight night. Yoel Romero was 207.2. Costa was precariously close to that 15-percent mark where CSAC is recommending fighters move up.
This would be a game changer. CA seems like a big player in MMA so I don't think someone like the UFC would just stop staging events there. I figure they'd try to comply... btw is 15% just an arbitrary number lol

Wouldn't mind seeing Pettis rematch RDA or match up with Lawler

:lol:

Also, Nate's boxing looked rusty as hell.

He basically just used his size and big brother'd AP last night.

Stipe KO'ing DC was amazing....

Stipe ate some CRAZY shots he didn't eat the first fight.........Cleveland ACAI bowls???

Don't care either way, entire card was fuego.

Even with the pts they're making way less than boxers

definitely. i think being a pro mma fighter would be the last sport an athlete would choose to go into if they grew up playing multiple sports. if these guys could box, they probably would've went down that path.

There's bantamweights in boxing making more than the UFC heavyweight champ

Definitely still a young sport but damn bruh

There's bantamweights in boxing making more than the UFC heavyweight champ

Definitely still a young sport but damn bruh

I was listening to a piece on the video game industry and the topic of crunch (mandatory OT). It was clear that there were draconian aspects of that industry and it sounds like they’re moving to unions.

After all the Silva Shenanigans and Dana, these fighters need to unionize ASAP.

The Fertitas, WME, Dana, Conor the only ones making money in the sport.

And how is Ronda Rousey who left the sport a few years ago, making more than the fight roster put together.

That varies so much based on the boxer's weight class, personality, country of origin etc. Let's just put it this way tho, theres 60+ boxers maybe 70 that can earn at least $1 mil a yr. I don't think the amount of MMA fighters breaking 7 figures a yr is anywhere near that

Feel like it might be more difficult to attain high level boxing level. Deontay, Spence, Joshua, Fury, Paquio, GGG, Canello, etc are the cream of the crop.

What do top contenders or journeymen get? Like Masvidal and Diaz are enjoying popularity but you’d consider them journeys since they’re not champs and sort of low ranked for awhile.

you got ncaa athletes getting paid more :lol:

:lol: Word

I was listening to a piece on the video game industry and the topic of crunch (mandatory OT). It was clear that there were draconian aspects of that industry and it sounds like they’re moving to unions.

After all the Silva Shenanigans and Dana, these fighters need to unionize ASAP.

The Fertitas, WME, Dana, Conor the only ones making money in the sport.

And how is Ronda Rousey who left the sport a few years ago, making more than the fight roster put together.

Yeah some type of union or strike is inevitable, there's gotta be some level of pushback by the fighters or things likely won't change anytime soon. Dana and them crush any real competition for the most part so the only thing that'll drive up prices at this point would be the fighters demanding what they're worth.

Yeah thing is most world class boxers had to start real young as a kid because of how technical the sport is, you have your exceptions like Wilder, AJ, Sergio Martinez, Adonis Stevenson, even Breazeale etc. but most of the NCAA Football and Basketball washouts can't make the transition into HW boxing.

definitely. i think being a pro mma fighter would be the last sport an athlete would choose to go into if they grew up playing multiple sports. if these guys could box, they probably would've went down that path.

what is next for DC at this point? I don't see him calling it quits and going out like that
I don't see it either. Wouldn't mind seeing a third fight vs Stipe but not sure if Stipe will agree to it and Francis may be up next. Even if DC retires the dude has had an amazing career and has only lost to two fighters who are the GOAT's in their respected division.

Would like to see the trilogy for dc stipe. I don’t think Cormier gonna stop on that note.. he could take an extended break but I think he’s gonna be back at some point

DC should just retire. He is doing great at commentary. Would LOVE to see DC interview Jon Jones in the octagon after a Jones' win.

hate to see DC go down that "one more fight" road
the competitor in him is going to the have him fight again. money would be too much to pass up as well with a 3rd stipe fight
the thought of jones putting the final nail in his career would drive him insane. i think he would be "ok" with stipe doing it :lol:

He was beating Jones & Stipe until he got finished smh, hard pill to swallow.

I think because he had success against both before the finish, the competitor in him will probably want to try to get at least one of those back, most likely Stipe.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a rematch, it’s not like there’s any other really pressing contenders at heavyweight right now. Ngannu needs some more time to work on his wrestling defense anyway.

Only thing is if Stipe gets the third one then he’s going out on another tough loss. And if Cormier gets it then retires he’s kinda ****ing up the heavyweight division by halting Stipe’s momentum.

But if he wins though and somehow gets Jones to stop being a coward and move to heavyweight for the third and final fight that’d be dope. Or if he wins, vacates, and a heavyweight tourney starts that includes Stipe, Ngannu, possibly Jones, that could be dope too.

Worst case scenario for him though is probably rematching Stipe and getting his ribs torn up again en route to a TKO :lol:. If he goes for the rematch I hope dude makes some serious adjustments.

Back
Top Bottom