The Most Influential Hip-Hop Message Boards Right Now....

MidEastBeast got drummed out of the music forum when some girl posted his picture :lol:

i think i remember simply exposing him if i recall correctly
laugh.gif
 said he a herb and had a rolling backpack

Quote:

Originally Posted by knowledgebones72  

Boxden topping that list is a about right

i haven't been in the actual discussion part on there in forever... strictly itsbx jukebox

Last edited:
MidEastBeast's time was a time where every thread ended in a comparison to Vinny Paz.. it was horrible :lol:

I've learned a lot on here from like 06-11.. Still get some stuff from it but there's really hardly any discussion on underground artists I like.

Even not so underground artists like Black Hippy. That TDE thread has 10 posts in the last week with Soul dropping new music and Q putting out a video :smh:

Nowadays I get all the info I need by following artists on twitter.

Man NT influences Black Twitter so much, cats not even affiliated with NT I see on twitter saying things that make me say wot.
Actually I find that NT is late with a lot of things

Word to that thread where CNN brought up "Black Twitter" and dudes were tryna make it out to be some racist ****
laugh.gif

I see those Boxden head smilies everywhere though.

As far as the list, pretty accurate, this might be the first place where someone like Migos or the new Gucci or Dom tape might get a thread, and KTT is a different demographic where something like Yung Lean or any of those troll artists will have a "following".

Niketalker23 had more to do with /16's decline than any mod did. Once he essentially snitched on the subforum, Meth began cracking down on what was going on in here. Dude was mad because it was dominated by rap. All he had to do was create a thread that pertained to his interests. ***** *** *****.
roll.gif

NT definitely called a lot of trends before they happened, though.

Most recently ASAP, Kendrick/TDE, Trinidad (to this day I feel like dude was in here defending himself cause it was nothing but hate and one or two posters who just replied to every single post on here individual), Dom Kennedy, Drake, Wale, Kudi, the list goes on and on. Don't believe me? Just go to those official threads and start at the first page, and make sure to look at the dates.

I think it's cause the NT consists or at least conisted of a lot of people who were tastemakers in their own circles/schools/social scenes.

Last edited:
it really got out of hand with grave diggin and constant public watch on leak nights, all in all i think the biggest thing that is missing from NTmusic acclaim is that this is a legitimate platform for artist to reach ears, we have released mixtapes, done concerts at sxsw, cats released music through this site. People joked about the NT music exec thing,but this is the most unbiased placed on the internet when it comes to music review, whether unknown local act, undeground mixtape or major release. Time still think he got a shot and thats manly because of NT.

Last edited:
it really got out of hand with grave diggin and constant public watch on leak nights, all in all i think the biggest thing that is missing from NTmusic acclaim is that this is a legitimate platform for artist to reach ears, we have released mixtapes, done concerts at sxsw, cats released music through this site. People joked about the NT music exec thing,but this is the most unbiased placed on the internet when it comes to music review, whether unknown local act, undeground mixtape or major release. Time still think he got a shot and thats manly because of NT.

View media item 532759
i've had to use this .gif twice tonight :lol:

Niketalker23 had more to do with /16's decline than any mod did. Once he essentially snitched on the subforum, Meth began cracking down on what was going on in here. Dude was mad because it was dominated by rap. All he had to do was create a thread that pertained to his interests. ***** *** *****.

Dude is a straight clown for that move. Forum was thriving then.

Back
Top Bottom