The most marketable player in the NBA is Dirk Nowitzki

Kobe is probably the most recognizable active player on the planet but there are still many people out there who dislike them due to his arrogance and Colorado and what not.

I can believe Dirk is the most marketable, I haven't really heard anything bad about him in the news. Plus, coming off an excellent postseason performance has to help too

Originally Posted by creamOfDacrops

Right now, I would've guessed D. Rose, LeBron, or Kobe. Not too surprised at Dirk though.

LeBron/Kobe are way too polarizing.  I'd stop breathing if Kobe endorsed oxygen.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

he's white and hasn't raped anyone, allegedly.
laugh.gif
  Good points though.

You don't hear negative things about him and he's hasn't gotten in trouble with the law.

It doesn't really matter though since it sounds like he just wants to focus on playing.

It's not Dwight,Kobe,Bron,Wade or even Rose? I'm pretty shocked. I'm a huge fan of Dirk,he's hell of a player and seems like a real humble,cool dude. It's hard not to like him but to consider him the most marketable player is kind of weird since their are more famous and recognizable players.

Winning does wonders for a persons image especially under the circumstances of last season with the outrage over the Heat and people rushing to crown a new golden boy for the league to counter Bron. During the season it was Rose and ever since the playoffs its moved to Dirk.

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

If Dirk Nowitzki endorsed something, it would have absolutely zero influence on my decision to buy it.

Anyone else agree with me?
Says the dude who has a picture of Nelly holding up a pair of kicks.
laugh.gif

Marketable isn't necessarily selling merchandise.

Originally Posted by DubA169

why are people saying Dwight?

This.
30t6p3b.gif

I'm not surprised it's Dirk, real humble guy, very likeable, I see it.
ohwell.gif

Behind him probably Kobe or Bron, Don't see Dwight or Rose.

#DirkGod
pimp.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
pimp.gif

Regardless of what some of you marketing experts think.. Dirk's now a champ and that's increased his marketability tenfold. Easily. German engineering
pimp.gif

But it's refreshing to see that he considers himself a basketball player first and second. All these young'uns are too concerned with their brand. Cart before the horse type crap.

i blame Jordan though when you talk about how all these youngins are too caught up with their brand.
maybe...................................he destroyed the game lol

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Originally Posted by Caerus

Seriously...its not LeBron?
Sad that people hate him so much when he's the most talented basketball player alive today.

Why is it sad?  And what does talent have to do with being likeable?  LeBron has nobody to blame but himself for where is popularity is currently. 

I was a bit likely to seek that Dirk has been rated the most marketable, but I don't disagree necessarily.  I do think that Griffin is going to be climbing up that list pretty quickly though. 

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

If Dirk Nowitzki endorsed something, it would have absolutely zero influence on my decision to buy it.

Anyone else agree with me?
Is there anything you'd be influenced to buy just because someone in particular was endorsing it?

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Originally Posted by luxurious24

really? i dont c it, not that hes not a likeable guy, just that he'd be the most marketable, i don't see ppl lining up for a pair of nowitzkis

I can't believe it either.

From a global stand-point, if Nike came out with a signature line for Dirk it would be a hit.
Though I think Adidas would probably be a better platform for Dirk. Dirk isn't Jordan, Lebron, Kobe, or Penny he's Dirk. If the designer can keep that in mind and target the right demographic and design his shoe accordingly (I'm thinking a functional, minimalist shoe with a simple but attractive aesthetic at a more accessible price than Jordan, Lebron, Kobe, kind of like KD's line) then you have the ability to create a shoe that the consumer wants.

People aren't buying KD's or Rose's shoes because they're collectible or because they're aesthetically functional for fashion (because they're not). People are buying the shoes because they are good shoes to ball in and because they support the athletes. People like Dirk, and there will be a market that will buy his shoe if it is presented correctly.

Dirk is white in a league with only one other white superstar and he's a champion now.

This doesn't shock me at all.

It's probably based on potential, which I agree with due to him being able to tap into a whole bunch of markets globally. Those of you saying you don't think he'd sell anything vs. a Kobe or LeBron...well those guys already have years of establishing themselves in commercials and signature shoes already. If Dirk had been about getting that extra dollar for his entire career then we all might be viewing him differently.

Same goes for Steve Nash. In fact, those two should have done the Mcdonald's HORSE commercial remake instead of Dwight and LeBron and those edited dunks
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by trunks206

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

It's really hard not to like this guy.
  Agreed. Dirk is that dude and has been for a while. He seems like such a chill dude, how can anyone not like him?
He's just not cocky like most of the superstars.... but Mark Cuban on the other hand

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Nowitzski does not have an agent or a business manager and only has one endorsement deal, which is with Nike. He has said he is not interested in cashing in on his marketability.

God what a concept.

I really, really, really, respect him for that.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

It's not Dwight,Kobe,Bron,Wade or even Rose? I'm pretty shocked. I'm a huge fan of Dirk,he's hell of a player and seems like a real humble,cool dude. It's hard not to like him but to consider him the most marketable player is kind of weird since their are more famous and recognizable players.

Winning does wonders for a persons image especially under the circumstances of last season with the outrage over the Heat and people rushing to crown a new golden boy for the league to counter Bron. During the season it was Rose and ever since the playoffs its moved to Dirk.
I can see it.  Most of those players you named up there have really awkward personalities.  Dwight tries so hard to be a clown that we don't really know what he is like.  
Kobe is so camera conscious I'm not sure he knows who he is at this point.  He can't even smile naturally.

Lebron is pretty much moving into the same boat as Kobe.  Lots of negative publicity and dings on your reputation will make anyone super self conscious.  Not to mention the egos these two share.

Wade is really not that engaging at all.

Rose should be trying out for the part of a zombie in the next Resident Evil movie.  He has an expressionless face, monotone voice and is void of any emotion.  Frankly he is creepy.

If you watch Dirk's interviews he's pretty much just chill.  I think people just find that refreshing compared to the usual.  It's been a while since we had a Barkley or Magic for interviews.  Players now are just too concerned with their "brand".

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

No one will even care about Dirk or the Mavs this time next year.

No one cared about them before May 2011 either. Again, this is a ridiculous survey.

Back
Top Bottom