The Most Popular Fast-Food Outlets You Haven't Heard Of (Yet) - Yahoo

I just came across this...

The Most Popular Fast-Food Outlets You Haven’t Heard Of (Yet)

The most famous fast-food restaurants are burger joints: McDonald’s (MCD), Wendy’s (WEN), Burger King (BKW). But Americans have been in the mood for something different lately, and many of the trendiest quick-serve restaurants indulge that desire for variety, novelty and healthier eating.

Like other parts of the lackluster economy, restaurant industry sales have been growing slowly. So new chains hoping to become the next Five Guys or Chipotle (CMG) have garnered attention with standout food, flashy preparation and an eye-catching atmosphere. It also doesn’t hurt, of course, if a meal seems like a bargain.

To identify some of the most promising up-and-coming fast-food chains, Yahoo! Finance teamed with Technomic, a Chicago food-industry research firm that tracks more than 2,000 chains. Technomic sorted its data to highlight firms with annual sales between $3 million and $25 million and more than 10 outlets at the end of 2012. Among those, here are the fastest-growing chains that could open near you before long:

Rest of Article and Pictures in Link

Right now, you got the food truck, burger, frozen yogurt boom....I wonder what the trend will be a couple years from now?

Speaking of frozen yogurt.. it HAS to be a fad, right? Any 80's baby must remember TCBY, etc. All of those frozen yogurt places were a major hit for a few years, then fell off. Personally, I don't expect all of these frozen yogurt shops to sustain their popularity.

*I won't lie...I'm not a big fast food guy, but that waffle w/ the egg in the middle looked delicious :lol:

I've been to 100 montaditos a few times, personally I don't think it's anything special. The sandwiches in person are very small and it's usually one or two things in there with lots of bread. I can see how it would be a good business idea because they must make a pretty nice profit on those things.

Girls love froyo, on saturday I was at the mall walking out of work and the line for froyo was 20 minutes... They were all girls too haha

Cream burger the truth if you in the third ward area.....scott street chicken is good but bring a heater

Back
Top Bottom