The NBA is a joke.

I've been keeping up with this sport since 2002. Now with all this trading going on and these rigged #@$ draft picks, ie. New Orleans bagging Anthony Davis, I really can't stand it anymore. Also all of these veterans like Jason Kidd going to the Knicks, I'm happy for him and all, but it just doesn't seem right to see him in a Knicks uniform. I'm a Lakers fan too and aquiring Nash is good I guess, but he was our enemy in the past. If we do actually take a chip this season I won't be a happy camper. I just wish we had the same squad from beginning til death. How can you still be a Lakers fan if about 40-50% of the squad has changed? And all of these super teams forming is not helping the Kings or Bobcats one bit. I know this is a business but still. Kobe fan by the way. End of rant. Cool story bro.

this-story-interests-me-please-tell-me-again,-but-in-more-detail.jpg

This isn't really the 80's anymore. Your legacy in today's NBA is measured on how many rings you win, and that's why you will see your enemies becoming your teammates for a chance at a ring. 

I been saying this for a while. The whole being able to choose what team you want to play for and asking to be traded to certain teams is just ridiculous. Back then it was about dynamic duos, now you need to form some kind of Big 3 just to have a chance of winning. Its w/e tho, Ill still be watching and always have love for the sport!

I agree about the formation of super teams. And veterans/rivals doing whatever they need to for a shot at a ring.

It's the NBA though, it's basketball. You can't expect everyone to be prideful/loyal/etc.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-22623-1340982154-13.gif

But seriously, blame AAU and basketball-driven prep schools for all this teaming up. That model brings together top talent, so that's all these guys know. That's how they won early in life, so why not go back to the model they know works best?

Edit: so stop blaming the NBA.

Originally Posted by kalikid23

I been saying this for a while. The whole being able to choose what team you want to play for and asking to be traded to certain teams is just ridiculous. Back then it was about dynamic duos, now you need to form some kind of Big 3 just to have a chance of winning. Its w/e tho, Ill still be watching and always have love for the sport!
I agree, Free Agency is ridiculous.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

I know right! Who do these players think they are. THE NERVE!

Originally Posted by allreds

I've been keeping up with this sport since 2002. .End of rant. Cool story bro.
Here are the problems with your complaints..
 Also all of these veterans like Jason Kidd going to the Knicks, I'm happy for him and all, but it just doesn't seem right to see him in a Knicks uniform

Who cares if it doesn't seem right? It's not like the Knicks and Nets had epic playoff battles for a decade or he's leaving his team in his prime, he's at the end of his career and he'll be a backup. This happens all the time. Old vets going to bigger markets or playoff teams at the end of their careers.

Now with all this trading going on and these rigged #@$ draft picks, ie. New Orleans bagging Anthony Davis, I really can't stand it anymore.

Any proof? Have you read the eyewitness accounts from those who witnessed the lottery and how impossible it would be to rig it? 

I'm a Lakers fan too and aquiring Nash is good I guess, but he was our enemy in the past. If we do actually take a chip this season I won't be a happy camper. I just wish we had the same squad from beginning til death. How can you still be a Lakers fan if about 40-50% of the squad has changed?

And I wish the Knicks weren't run by a greedy, moronic, owner.. but sometimes we don't get what we want. I'm sorry it might be awkward for you to watch an outstanding, veteran PG, replace the legendary Ramon Sessions.. but I think you'll survive. How has 40-50% of your team changed? As of right now, you upgraded your PG. Teams always replace role players, that's nothing new.

And all of these super teams forming is not helping the Kings or Bobcats one bit. I know this is a business but still.

Those damn super teams, because teams like the Bobcats and Kings were doing fantastic before, right? If only we could go back to the 80s and 90s, back when we had a new NBA champion every year and those small market teams like LA, Boston, and Chicago were winning championships, it wasn't a business back then at all. 

I been saying this for a while. The whole being able to choose what team you want to play for and asking to be traded to certain teams is just ridiculous. Back then it was about dynamic duos, now you need to form some kind of Big 3 just to have a chance of winning. Its w/e tho, Ill still be watching and always have love for the sport!

Who do these athletes think they are? When you get drafted to a team, you should be forced to stay there for AT LEAST 15 years. Making choices about where you play and sign
30t6p3b.gif

And I used to love the dynamic duos of Bird, Parish, and Mchale, or Magic, Worthy, and Kareem.. those duos were amazing. 

No one wants to be the HOFer without the ring. I blame Jordan.

I know right! Who do these players think they are. THE NERVE!

roll.gif
laugh.gif
.... you guys satisfied with the laughs you guys were looking for?  anyways, who said anything about Free Agency? I said players asking to be traded and asking to be traded to certain teams.

It's the AAU'S and preferential treatment that have been the biggest factors. Plus the media.

agreed.

teams like Milwaukee, Minnesota, Orlando, Indiana will never win anything..they are not as glamorous as Chicago, NY and etc. those teams will get a superstar for his first contract and then beg to be with big markets...all the NBA teams are farm league teams for Knicks, Nets, Lakers, Bulls and etc. NBA popularity might take a hit.

The Knicks haven't won in years and we have to oferpay to get who we want. Knicks are a bad example.

The NBA is in better shape talent wise and with teams being able to compete for championships than when it was when Jordan left in 1998 and during the early 2000's when the Lakers and western conference just dominated the rest of the league.

Look at the past 3 champions and now there really aren't dynasty teams anymore.

Seriously compare the NBA to the MLB and it's a JOKE how baseball easily has 20+ small market teams who have ZERO shot at winning a championship in the next 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom