The NBA Stats Thread: The 15-year chain reaction that led to the NBA's current offensive explosion

It's what he does. He just needs to start making them.

Maybe the Keri breakup is affecting him. Also, many people think the rumors about him being older are true and he's just declining as a result of being 32 or something. Because honestly. his athleticism is even greatly diminished. He just looks disinterested this whole season, don't know what it is but he needs to snap out of it.
Him and Keri broke up again?

What I noticed this season and pretty much the same thing you are saying is that he doesn't look as explosive any more. Hopefully he wakes his *** up in the playoffs

Yea I think it's permanent this time. Allegedly, she wanted to get married and start a family and he didn't. And this Essence article I was reading makes it sound like her next album (called L.I.A.R- Love Is A Religison) is mostly about their relationship
I will tell my fans everything on this album. Why I was really gone, what actually happened, what didn’t, what I could control, and what I couldn’t; Never will I ever again take a break from music.

Yikes.

Amin was really the only black guy he could find? I find that hard to believe.

Its cool for the common fan to dismiss analytics. Don't expect that talk in a bar or a barbershop. It's crazy for professionals to ignore it.

I love how these articles think analytics = mid range shots are useless and fit/character/chemistry/film doesn't matter.

Analytics is for the most part useless in casual conversation. There are so many pointless advanced stats out there that people just pick ones that support their argument while ignoring ones that done even though both stats lack any credibility. It's just a lazy "these are numbers so they must be right" mentality of looking at things.

Analytics is for the most part useless in casual conversation. There are so many pointless advanced stats out there that people just pick ones that support their argument while ignoring ones that done even though both stats lack any credibility. It's just a lazy "these are numbers so they must be right" mentality of looking at things.

Isn't that true of every stat in basically every subject? Without context and understanding where the number comes from, it's all useless.

Isn't that true of every stat in basically every subject? Without context and understanding where the number comes from, it's all useless.
Yup, news networks use suspect statistics to back up their points all the time.

It can be an interesting point of discussion but not the mic drop level proof that most people who only use stats as an argument make it out to be

One stat, according to ESPN Stats & Information, assigned Curry some number in excess of 100 for his 3-point sniping from the corners. This tells you just how bogus the exercise is if the “percentage” reports to be greater than 100.
It’s like calculating points per 100 possessions, a very popular go-to stat in NBA circles. Why is that more important than points per 48 minutes, which is the actual time in which an NBA game is played?
Lol.

My favorite Knicks writer Chris Herring always uses analytics to support his writing. It's really nothing more than a more in depth look at basic stats. Sounds like Wilbon just doesn't understand them.

Also, a pitcher's WHIP is not an advanced stat.

Last edited:
Points per possession is extremely basic too. There's nothing advanced about it. Wilbon is just a goof.

My favorite Knicks writer Chris Herring always uses analytics to support his writing. It's really nothing more than a more in depth look at basic stats. Sounds like Wilbon just doesn't understand them.

Also, a pitcher's WHIP is not an advanced stat.

Points per possession is extremely basic too. There's nothing advanced about it. Wilbon is just a goof.

Both correct.

The racial angle that he tried to use for click bait is appalling too.

Analytics argument isn't a racial thing at all, it's a generational thing. The fact the he doesn't see that or is ignoring that just for the story is abhorrent and misguided. Young black kids know all about PER, TS%, RPM and the whole nine, he's quoting his friends and "barbershops" like these aren't all guys his age who fell in the love with the game at a time these things didn't exist. The one thing he did get right is the lack of blacks getting these analytical positions and how it has been thus far and has the potential to remain an "Old Boys" club.

You can use analytics to reconfirm the eye test and you can also use them to see things that aren't apparent at surface level. In a game as fluid as basketball, of course everything cannot be captured statistically so intangibles and the eye test will always be relevant as well.

There is room for science and religion.

awwsome lives. :wow: :wow: :wow:

Good to have you back, my man.

1.gif

Back
Top Bottom