The NBA would be far more watchable if there were no timeouts until the 4th Q

Originally Posted by Backirvine

Do you agree?

Originally Posted by eight2one

the last minute takes almost as long as the rest of the 4th quarter.
I remember the last minute of Cleveland/Boston game 7 from last season lasting about 20 minutes
sick.gif

I think that teams are given too many timeouts in the NBA however this issue seen as much of a problem by fans and the league itself.

That would be going a tad too far........but I actually agree with the general theory on how timeouts have killed the game. College hoops to me has beencompletely destroyed because of timeouts and TV timeouts. You cannot go on a run anymore at any point in the game because there are so many TV timeouts comingup and coaches have so many timeouts in their pocket. Having timeouts to take isnt the issue.....but having basically non stop timeouts to basically usewhenever you want is way OD in today's game. I couldnt imagine being a player now. You run around for 3 minutes and then boom gotta go back to the benchfor more over-coaching.

But anyway, here is what the viewer gets to experience in a college basketball game:

8 television timeouts per game (taken at the 16:00, 12:00, 8:00 and 4:00 mark of each half)
10 coaches timeouts for televised games (5 each for both teams)

For a total of 18 potential stoppages of play in a 40-minute game. It's fun sitting through that live.

i came in here to basically say what RyGuy said. The teams have a good amount of timeouts, but TV timeouts are ANNOYING.

Back
Top Bottom