The Neptunes Producers of the Decade

Hip-Hop dominated Billboard magazine's recently announced top 10 producers of the decade list, with The Neptunes taking the top spot.

The Virginia duo, which consists of Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo, have worked with a slew of the decade's biggest stars including everyone fromrap's elite like Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg and Kanye West to pop royalty like Madonna, Gwen Stefani and Britney Spears.

Fellow Virginia native Timbaland took the second seat on Billboard's list followed by Kanye, Scott Storch, will.i.am, Lil Jon, Stargate (Beyonce, Ne-Yo),Bryan-Michael Cox (Mariah Carey, Usher, Mary J. Blige), Jermaine Dupri and Dr. Luke (Flo Rida, Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavigne).http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=65919

I agree with this.
pimp.gif

EASILY...
Personally, they are my most listened to/favorite musicians of all time.
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

Somehow this beautiful/amazing beat went to waist:

152yveb.jpg

30tjuw3.jpg

67nng4.jpg

they were dope from 1999-2004. they've been wack from (officially) 2005-2009.

Originally Posted by debs 168

No...

They weren't WACK, they just stopped producing...they've picked it up in 08 til now...

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by debs 168

No...

They weren't WACK, they just stopped producing...they've picked it up in 08 til now...
For better or worse, to some people (and I even feel this way about my own stuff sometimes), "You're only as good as your last song /beat."

While I won't say they didn't dominate, because even though they stopped around the middle of the decade and were still far and away the mostsuccessful if not most prolific of the production elite, I don't think anyone could doubt them getting this accolade had they kept making tracks at thesame pace after 2005 as they did before 2005.

Mad props to them, though. They're one of the reasons I produce today.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom