The never ending attempt to make a "conclusion" out of LIFE- Enjoy the ride.

22 years on Earth. Many years spent in anxiety: worrying about what ifs, millions of possibilities, imminent things you have no control over.
Many days spent in stress, ensuring I do this and that in order to achieve this and that.

I will first state I do not believe in a "God". I do not believe in organized religion. Though their intent is good (most of the time) in the end it only divides, deludes, compromises and traps our gifts - our human brains.

I do base my belief systems on two trains of thought.

The creation and evolution of Earth itself revolving around us as a human species, and then that of the entire universe..including its many dimensions, "time" zones, galaxies etc.

I've always struggled to form a comfortable conclusion about existence.

No one philosophy or belief ever completely satisfied my thirst.

I, and i'm sure you, have dreams built up in your mind, goals, ambitions, desires, fears, etc etc.

These things can really separate you, from YOU. 

I believe it is good to work towards your goals, but don't let them stress you or take control of you to the point of stripping you of your naturalism.

I feel like I am finally coming to a conclusion that settles well.

We all have one thing in common, we die.

At least our human body dies. Who knows what happens after that (if anything), yet.

It is said that 99% of our physical composition can be accounted for when we die, the 1% or so, ??? - some call it the soul.

Back on topic, I feel all I can do is work hard, be healthy, be loving, understanding, helpful, completely open, truthful and happy.

I hate seeing so many people forced into a train of thought  or a belief system which they blindly follow. 

I also hate seeing people with no hope what so ever 
frown.gif
frown.gif

It seems the masses of people are getting more and more distant from being truly in touch with the environment, themselves and others.

I know this is a completely random, and a subject open to mockery. But I am always interested in the thoughts of others.

So if you would like to share your ideas with us, that's cool.

If you wanna make jokes, I like to laugh.

I no longer care if I get to become a Physical Therapist, if I get to travel around ze world, if I get to have my old school caddy with my perfect hot wife.

I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

"Cherish every moment of this Earth before you perish" - The Rza

pimp.gif

Pz

I think you would really benefit from reading The Denial of Death by Ernest Becker. Falls right in line with your discussion about anxiety and the one fundental truth of life, death.

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

It is said that 99% of our physical composition can be accounted for when we die, the 1% or so, ??? - some call it the soul.
True?

"Cherish every moment of this Earth before you perish"
Indeed, but its so %%%**#! hard to do sometimes, you just forget to.

24 years of worrying about not acheiving what I want...I believe I have lost girlfriends over this, friends over this and most importantly myself. I'm scared that I will end up like the people I don't want to be like, but all of that worrying, etc. has done the opposite, I feel I'm turning into the same people I don't want to be.

It's frustrating but I have been scared my whole life. Paranoid, anxious, nervous. Recently I realized how tense I actually am, eating lunch at work and I can't even sit back and relax and enjoy the nice weather after being in an office all day. People say I'm a great person, good looking, nice, smart, goal oriented, etc. but I don't believe it. I always want to be better and its held me back.

I can honestly say it's rare when I have fun. I'm worried about going out with friends because I don't want to put myself in a situation where I jepordize what I have earned so far, but then again, I'm still relatively young and need to experience things and stop being paranoid about all the consequences.

I feel life has to be better than this, I just don't know how to approach it. All these years and I feel this is all I know. And I'm starting to realize something I'm not happy and that's all I want.  

No, I'm definitely done trying to reach some final conclusion about my/our meaning or reason for existence.

My energies now are solely focused on 3 things:
1. raising my son to be the best he can be
2. trying to help where and when I can
3. trying to do #2 despite the overwhelming supply of observed selfishness, pride, and insensitivity in the world

Originally Posted by PoloLax

24 years of worrying about not acheiving what I want...I believe I have lost girlfriends over this, friends over this and most importantly myself. I'm scared that I will end up like the people I don't want to be like, but all of that worrying, etc. has done the opposite, I feel I'm turning into the same people I don't want to be.

It's frustrating but I have been scared my whole life. Paranoid, anxious, nervous. Recently I realized how tense I actually am, eating lunch at work and I can't even sit back and relax and enjoy the nice weather after being in an office all day. People say I'm a great person, good looking, nice, smart, goal oriented, etc. but I don't believe it. I always want to be better and its held me back.

I can honestly say it's rare when I have fun.

I have the same issues fam, it's called....
Sabotaging your success.

As for OP
sick.gif

Cliffs? DID NOT READ

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

True?

"Cherish every moment of this Earth before you perish"
Indeed, but its so %%%**#! hard to do sometimes, you just forget to.

No-one says that except the movie 21 grams, the premise of which was taken from an experiment where a doctor at the beginning of the last century weighted someone just before they died and just after and compared the difference, which he thought would account for the weight of the soul..
But it was a really badly executed experiment with big margins for error and the findings couldn't be repeated.. So the original findings are meaningless.. No-one has ever shown that such a thing as a soul exists

I feel life has to be better than this, I just don't know how to approach it. All these years and I feel this is all I know. And I'm starting to realize something I'm not happy and that's all I want.  
I am 24 as well and this really hit me.

I had this issue about a year and a half ago.  I just graduated college got a good job and began my life.  I looked at my life and said this is it....this is what i am going to do for the rest of my life.....i actually got worried

I had to ask myself over and over....what is fun? what makes me happy?  and sadly i struggled to answer that question.  Nothing in life seemed to actually make me happy.  Friends were ok...shoes lost their appeal a while ago....the gym is always ok but not really fun.  I had nothing that really made me have a thrill for life.

So I got back into sports.  I play soccer 2-3 times a week now which i love doing.  I realized that my friends were complacent and just dramatic for no reason.  So i just started to distance my self a bit and try to find new ones.  I also realized how much i loved listening to music.  It takes some time to find out what makes you happy as a person and it isn't easy.  But good luck man

And to OP

I no longer care if I get to become a Physical Therapist, if I get to travel around ze world, if I get to have my old school caddy with my perfect hot wife.

This is spot on.  Stress is not worth it.

Don't think too hard.

Find something you love doing and pursue it, wholeheartedly.

All else will fall in line.

Constantly stressing over what life should be but isn't is getting you nowhere. Life is but a glimpse. A blink of an eye. Don't miss out trying to figure it out.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I am 24 as well and this really hit me.

I had this issue about a year and a half ago.  I just graduated college got a good job and began my life.  I looked at my life and said this is it....this is what i am going to do for the rest of my life.....i actually got worried

I had to ask myself over and over....what is fun? what makes me happy?  and sadly i struggled to answer that question.  Nothing in life seemed to actually make me happy.  Friends were ok...shoes lost their appeal a while ago....the gym is always ok but not really fun.  I had nothing that really made me have a thrill for life.

So I got back into sports.  I play soccer 2-3 times a week now which i love doing.  I realized that my friends were complacent and just dramatic for no reason.  So i just started to distance my self a bit and try to find new ones.  I also realized how much i loved listening to music.  It takes some time to find out what makes you happy as a person and it isn't easy.  But good luck man

And to OP

This is spot on.  Stress is not worth it.

I'm trying to find new friends as well. The problem: The field I work in right now is full of older people, the City I work in is a small city and is filled with of older people, no girls, etc. I'm also still living at home which I think is really starting to mess with my mind...I can't stand it, but I know it's the best situation for my financially. Part of me is starting to think I should quit work, pack up and move to see what else is out there. The problem comes down to my original post though, scared, nervous, anxious. Don't want to have regrets, but then again I think I'll regret staying here.

Back
Top Bottom