The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That’s what I’m curious about. It’s been quiet leading up to the release...

Oh we eagerly waiting.
It's been the longest week and it's still only Saturday :lol:
Another 5 days to to go.

I'm consoling myself by calling you all beta testers.

Nothing to be "like" bro. It's pretty wide-spread. I know a lot of you are trying to play nice and sweep it under the rug as "oh launch consoles a tiny minority will have issues". Nah. There are now five of us (my friends) that are running in to hardware issues, ranging from bricked, frequent crashes to the PS5 not playing ANY games at all. Twitter is on fire because of it and there is a MASSIVE reddit thread on it. The failure rate is real, I think it has something to do with either the firmware or Sony's SSD. I also think its a big reason why you cannot add storage to the PS5 currently (next gen wise) and I believe Sony knew there was an issue before these went out.

Why the hell else 5 days before launch do you do this?

The issues won't have anything to do with not being able to expand internal storage. Sony already said in March that it won't work until they test and can guarantee which SSDs will be fast enough.

For the issues, I'm definitely not underestimating it. No rest mode or data transfer for me.
I'm treating it like Covid right now. Waiting for that vaccine firmware update.

PS4 sold 1 million first day in America alone. If PS5 did similar numbers and the majority of them had issues, we would defo know by now.

Oh we eagerly waiting.
It's been the longest week and it's still only Saturday :lol:
Another 5 days to to go.

I'm consoling myself by calling you all beta testers.

The issues won't have anything to do with not being able to expand internal storage. Sony already said in March that it won't work until they test and can guarantee which SSDs will be fast enough.

As for the issues, I'm definitely not underestimating it. No rest mode or data transfer for me.

PS4 sold 1 million first day in America alone. If PS5 did similar numbers and the majority of them had issues, we would defo know by now.

Agreed and we do. Wait till Sony releases a statement, it’s real.

Finally comes in today.. still not sure what game to grab lmao. Thinking TLOU2 and demon souls

a long 5 days for sure i wish ps released same day worldwide like the xbox did

I’m thinking Europe has its own release day batch

i preordered at mediamarkt

Yea, apparently, it wasn't a world wide release so that PSN won't crash.
Makes sense but at the same time it got me even more annoyed.

Here I was thinking it was logistics.

My PS5 is probably just chilling in an Amazon warehouse right now doing nothing

Amazon just delivered mine :wow: they usually dont get here until around 2 so they prob have a grip of drivers today :pimp: again it needs to be said......**** walmart **** target :lol:

1605381151274.gif

Fedex just dropped mines off and left it right in front of the garage out in the open :smh:. Not even in the walkway near my door. Thank god I was home. Guaranteed that joint would have been jacked if I wasn't here within 30 mins of delivery. There are people out there driving around looking for big packages.

Fedex just dropped mines off and left it right in front of the garage out in the open :smh:. Not even in the walkway near my door. Thank god I was home. Guaranteed that joint would have been jacked if I wasn't here within 30 mins of delivery. There are people out there driving around looking for big packages.
Both of mine were delivered and left right outside the door. It said that signature was required and they didn't even do that :smh:

Did anybody in here get both consoles (Series X not the S)? If so, how do they compare?

For the issues, I'm definitely not underestimating it. No rest mode or data transfer for me.

Been transferring my games and saves from a external hdd to the ps5 ssd just to see how they run on the new hardware and then transferring them back to the external. You’ll be good..... I hope

I had one crash Thursday evening, coming out of the download list.

There's definitely problems, no denying that. But I do think they're over stated a bit. Of course those with problems will be loud. Those with no issues are just playing. This joint has sold millions by now, if it was a crippling problem for the majority of users, we'd heard from Sony now imo.

I'm definitely not using rest mode or playing Spiderman Remaster tho :lol:.

PlayStation store shipped my digital even doe they said they don’t ship on the weekends :nthat:

Yea there's some shenanigans going on with FedEx man, I requested to hold mine at a FedEx store for pickup and it's been on the vehicle for delivery today since super early this morning and it just updated to a Tuesday delivery now.

Back
Top Bottom