The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So did some research on Reddit and it seems that the “other” memory is mostly caused by PS4 games/data being brought to the PS5. And that even doing a factory reset won’t do much.

I guess Sony is aware of the issue and is looking into it. I really hope they release a system update soon that fixes this because only having 3-5 games at a time sucks. I blame Call of duty/Warzone for taking up so much space:smh:

Sony need to hurry with the SSD support
I don’t even think Warzone is worth being installed. I just find it hard to believe that they can’t make that file smaller :smh:

So did some research on Reddit and it seems that the “other” memory is mostly caused by PS4 games/data being brought to the PS5. And that even doing a factory reset won’t do much.

I guess Sony is aware of the issue and is looking into it. I really hope they release a system update soon that fixes this because only having 3-5 games at a time sucks. I blame Call of duty/Warzone for taking up so much space:smh:

Sony need to hurry with the SSD support

I agree with you on all of this, but a couple of comments:

I have had two SSD's and both caused issues for my PS4 (one OG, one Pro). Freezing, system crashes, randomly shutting off. Both SSD's were on the "approved" Sony list too. The second time it happen, I disconnected my SSD and factory reset my Pro. No issues since. Hopefully they fix any issues on the PS5, but I wont be buying an external drive until I see some real world results.

The download time on my PS5 has to be 3-5 times faster than my PS4Pro for whatever reason, so while only have a few games does suck, at least I am not usually waiting a whole night.

I don’t even think Warzone is worth being installed. I just find it hard to believe that they can’t make that file smaller :smh:

They have this whole "ala carte" mentality, sperating out all the modes but then cant seperate the file so youre stuck with the whole file anyway.

Thought they would fix it with Cold War, but just made it worse. I cant even launch Warzone out of Coldwar; it closes the app, opens MW/Warzone and runs it from there. :smh:

BO4 was the last CoD online i truly enjoyed. It was the perfect mix of arcade shooter wackiness and realism. MW completely lost me and Cold War is okay but feels like something is missing. I only play once a week.

Which game is better, Demons Soul, Assassins Creed or Ghost of Tushima?
Havent played ASsassins but the other two have vastly diff gameplay.
GoT is open world where Demons Souls is open world but in a fixed location type... if that makes sense.
Demons is a way more challenging IMO.

I would have to say GoT overall but Demons is a legit game as well. Just be ready to dedicate HOURS

BB order is ready for pickup 2 days earlier.
Walmart 12/17 order, which is suppose to arrive tmrw, is still "preparing". Most likely, "preparing" to cancel the order....

weren't you complaining about the difficulty in god of war? demon souls might not be for you then
Havent played ASsassins but the other two have vastly diff gameplay.
GoT is open world where Demons Souls is open world but in a fixed location type... if that makes sense.
Demons is a way more challenging IMO.

I would have to say GoT overall but Demons is a legit game as well. Just be ready to dedicate HOURS
Games are for my son
God of War isnt difficult
I dont play that genre at all so every aspect of the gameplay is an adjustment for me

While I think this is genuine, and I do give them the benefit of the doubt...

The list of developers who will get a preorder from me grows ever smaller.

1610573973573.png

I better be vindicated for waiting.

4K/60 with no load times Lets go!

:rofl:

That is a stretch in a normal, non-pandemic year. But I guess we can dream.

Let's hope they deliver. They've heard you Americans :lol:

XVI trailer looks a lot further than we were at with FF XIII Versus's first trailer so that's a good sign :lol:

I'm assuming FFXV team shifted to Project Athia after they finished with FFXV DLC and Royal Edition since it's using the luminoius engine.
If that's the case then 2022 could be a realistic date.

Even though it's probably not that simple with games like KH3 and FFVII : Re also releasing in that time. I don't know if they have multiple separate teams or share resources.

FFVII : Re2 is the one we probably won't see for a while but at least they've started the voice recordings and they can reuse the same assets so it might not be that bad.

It might be a really good gen for Square but yea like you said everyone's working from home so that's not going to help.

Hopefully the protagonist is black.

EA no longer has the license?
Big news.

Just sold a PS5 on ebay (didn't want to deal with meetups) and I got hit with wild fees...came out to around 12% of the final sale price...I though eBay's final sale fees were 10%???

ebay has that new payout system that doesnt involve paypal.

so you prob paying ebay fees + whatever their payout processing fees are

They really are, Jedi Fallen order is very good, Squadrons is good if you're into that, and the final patched Battlefront II is fun.

I agree with you on all of this, but a couple of comments:

I have had two SSD's and both caused issues for my PS4 (one OG, one Pro). Freezing, system crashes, randomly shutting off. Both SSD's were on the "approved" Sony list too. The second time it happen, I disconnected my SSD and factory reset my Pro. No issues since. Hopefully they fix any issues on the PS5, but I wont be buying an external drive until I see some real world results.

The download time on my PS5 has to be 3-5 times faster than my PS4Pro for whatever reason, so while only have a few games does suck, at least I am not usually waiting a whole night.

What SSD did you put in your PS4s? I've been running a WD 1TB Blue drive in my Pro model since day one. Not a single issue - the only crashes I've had have been game dependent (Witcher 3 being the worst).

That said my Pro is the newer revision from December 2018, it's possible they may have changed the hard drive controller chip over the revisions.

Back
Top Bottom