The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I finally made it back home and had these waiting on me

20210113_195340.jpg

I have spiderman MM for ps5 and the assassin's creed and watchdogs for Xsx.

Need more games that really pull me in and get me hype. Probably play a lot of the older games and utilize the backwards compatibility of both.

Any suggestions?

20210113_195340.jpg

Need more games that really pull me in and get me hype. Probably play a lot of the older games and utilize the backwards compatibility of both.

Any suggestions?

Ghost of Tsushima
Days Gone

Squadrons in VR is amazing

That does look fun.

A Rogue Squadron from the Ace Combat devs is the first thing that comes to mind with this news.

They really are, Jedi Fallen order is very good, Squadrons is good if you're into that, and the final patched Battlefront II is fun.

I re-installed BF 2 over the weekend. Idk but it seems like every time I try to get into that game I end up playing that snow level with red dirt. The attackers stomp the defenders. Then you gotta play it back on the other side and I just quit.

BO4 was the last CoD online i truly enjoyed. It was the perfect mix of arcade shooter wackiness and realism. MW completely lost me and Cold War is okay but feels like something is missing. I only play once a week.
I’ve been buying cod for zombies that last few years and this one is closer to that experience but it’s still lacking that one thing and that’s the ability to be fun just playing.

Everyone feels to Story and easter egg driven

Multiplayer this yeah as been great for me,
Warzone i don’t play too much and the stories i’ve heard about the DMR & Mac-10 LOL

Looking forward to this after I complete Fallen Order. I still haven't moved all of the VR gear to the 5 yet tho, slacker lol.
Same. Mines not plugged in.

I'm tackling normal games first from my backlog then will plug my VR in.

That whole no HDR thing is annoying so I don't want to be switching back and forth.

Looking forward to:

Ace Combat 7
Squadrons
Iron Man

Might even try Vader Immortal

Same. Mines not plugged in.

I'm tackling normal games first from my backlog then will plug my VR in.

That whole no HDR thing is annoying so I don't want to be switching back and forth.

Looking forward to:

Ace Combat 7
Squadrons
Iron Man

Might even try Vader Immortal

You need the V2 pass through box...

I pre-ordered the VR system for day one delivery and couldn't believe they delivered a product lacking that feature to day-one patrons of an all-new product line. Hardware based fail too... 100% incapable of HDR in 2016 when both the console and all of your TV's were capable the year prior? Awful...

I was so enraged that I called Sony.. reached out on Twitter too. In the end, I simply could not let it go and took matters into my own hands and have never looked back. Bad memories man...

Last week's X900H VRR/ALLM update debacle felt almost like dejavu. If I hadn't discovered that the X900H already has the new SOC of the 2021 sets, I might have returned it. Glad it's not a repeat offender because there is nothing else on the market to replace it at the steal price I paid.

What SSD did you put in your PS4s? I've been running a WD 1TB Blue drive in my Pro model since day one. Not a single issue - the only crashes I've had have been game dependent (Witcher 3 being the worst).

That said my Pro is the newer revision from December 2018, it's possible they may have changed the hard drive controller chip over the revisions.

I only remember the brands unfortunately. The PS4 one was a 2 TB Western Digital, while the PS4 Pro one was a 3 or 3.5TB Seagate. There is a chance I got two defective units, but that seems quite unlucky.

You need the V2 pass through box...

I pre-ordered the VR system for day one delivery and couldn't believe they delivered a product lacking that feature to day-one patrons of an all-new product line. Hardware based fail too... 100% incapable of HDR in 2016 when both the console and all of your TV's were capable the year prior? Awful...

I was so enraged that I called Sony.. reached out on Twitter too. In the end, I simply could not let it go and took matters into my own hands and have never looked back. Bad memories man...

Last week's X900H VRR/ALLM update debacle felt almost like dejavu. If I hadn't discovered that the X900H already has the new SOC of the 2021 sets, I might have returned it. Glad it's not a repeat offender because there is nothing else on the market to replace it at the steal price I paid.

Yea, I got mine at launch as well so it was too late to get the 2nd version.
I have a simplified setup to switch but its annoying that I have to do it still so after this round of games. I'll unplug it for good until PSVR 2 comes out. No ones coming to my house so no need for it to plugged in for guests.

To be fair, the X900H was some websites jumping the gun but Sony invited it since someone removed those specs on their US site :lol:

I heard they're waiting for the Android 11 update before ALLM and VRR can be added but who knows at this point.

No reason to replay Jedi Fallen Order since I have the plat but maybe if they just did a native PS5 version and made it free to owners of the PS4 game, I’d consider it for another plat :lol:

Yea, I got mine at launch as well so it was too late to get the 2nd version.
I have a simplified setup to switch but its annoying that I have to do it still so after this round of games. I'll unplug it for good until PSVR 2 comes out. No ones coming to my house so no need for it to plugged in for guests.

To be fair, the X900H was some websites jumping the gun but Sony invited it since someone removed those specs on their US site :lol:

I heard they're waiting for the Android 11 update before ALLM and VRR can be added but who knows at this point.

Sony wouldn't allow me to swap the pass-through box directly with them, despite being the registered owner of $1800 worth of Sony gear that should've been working harmoniously... So I asked them if I could purchase the new VR set and return it with the old gear (yes, I was in sazzhole mode). Their cyborg-esque response was that I couldn't do it with them but it was up to any other retailer's discretion, so I did exactly that and Target allowed it. I told the customer service rep exactly what it wouldn't do and they just refunded me... only took a few minutes.

I wasn't fully aware of how much had changed until I opened it up but glad it all worked out - the improvements to the headset cable management/controls helped to maintain the immersion quite a bit. I registered the new SN with Sony and never looked back. I used the same SN to request the VR camera adapter and they shipped it to me without issue. To this day, I still think it was deceptive how they released the V2... they didn't even change the packaging so many purchased the old one and the new one might have been sitting right next to it.

In regards to the X900H, I think the bomb for that situation was customer service confirming that the updates were canceled via chat and phone... albeit they were probably just reading the same botched support page as everyone else. It lead to me finding out about the new SOC and appreciating the purchase even more so all good here....

Finally beat Demons Souls 8).
Killed both dragons & er’ thang else.
Had to defeat King Alavant with Pure Black castle & my avatar.

Playing through again. Anything I should know?

So if I plug in my Seagate 2Tb external HD that’s being used by my PS4 into the PS5, it should all be seamless right? As in the PS5 should recognize all that info?

20210113_195340.jpg

Any suggestions?
Skip MM. it’s big meh. Get playstation plus for $32 off CD Keys and run through the games on that library

ghost of Tsushima is incredible. Can’t emphasize that enough

Back
Top Bottom