The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has Target had any PS5s since launch?
they restocked randomly at like 2am last week

Walmart at 9pm tonight. ive read that people got lucky through the app so try your computer and phone and if you're in a relationship or live with some fam have them download the app and help you out. I had 3 people working with me and we all struck out last time but it was browser only. create a Walmart account and load it with your address and CC info so you dont waste time, all you might need is the 3 digits on the back.

For those on the fence about a TV I highly recommend to come into the PS5 with 4K and 120FPS. Even if you have to wait a while to get or play your PS5 because you have yet to get a next gen TV, you can’t dilute the experience for yourself. HDMI 2.1 will get cheaper as time goes on but it’ll get to a point where it’s mandatory. Get it out the way now. Playing DMC5: SE at 120 FPS is out-****ing-rageous

D Double D Double how is Gravity Rush 2? Any noticeable differences on PS5? I have that as well as the remastered GR1 in my library.

Hoping people don't notice? Idk. I never understand EA
Probably because it still retails for $60. I’m assuming next week is just a sale and not an MSRP drop. Also you guys would be surprised how many don’t know about the upgrade. I think some folks in here and on other forums like ERA don’t understand that we are the minority when it comes to gaming. There are people out there that have no clue about what’s going on. They just know that new consoles launched and they want them to play GTA, 2K, Madden, Fortnite and COD.

Probably because it still retails for $60. I’m assuming next week is just a sale and not an MSRP drop. Also you guys would be surprised how many don’t know about the upgrade. I think some folks in here and on other forums like ERA don’t understand that we are the minority when it comes to gaming. There are people out there that have no clue about what’s going on. They just know that new consoles launched and they want them to play GTA, 2K, Madden, Fortnite and COD.
The ERA bubble is funny as hell. String sums up EA in this clip well

90B79D42-B93D-4C6D-AC54-1F2D60E42B95.jpeg

Ps5 going ham
This the modern warfare remaster?

I get what you are saying , but I don’t really consider myself a gamer . I’m the guy who buys 2K, COD and a couple of random games a year .

people need to utilize google more lol cause the free upgrade is posted everywhere , including the PS store

Tom Warren had to put up an article real quick after running his mouth so much before launch :lol:

I don't think he was expecting those Digital Foundry comparisons to go the way they are :lol:

1606319684522.png

Does 120fps only work on TV's with 120 Hz... or are the two unrelated?

Yea 120fps only works on 120hz TV's and off course monitors which are also 120hz or higher.

Last edited:
Welp. My TV maxes out at 60 Hz... so I guess 60 FPS is where I'm at.

Same as me.
My problem is that TV's don't get any smaller than 48 inches these days and I don't have space for anything bigger in the bedroom.

No harm in waiting though. 120fps and VRR are great but I can wait for next year's TV's which will sort out all the HDMI 2.1 bugs.

I say give it a year or two and we’ll probably see the power gap that favors Xbox. If not, then I don’t what the hell all them teraflops mean :lol:

I was playing Miles when I noticed that fast travel was taking about 10 seconds. I thought my PS5 was doomed. Reset it and fast travel was back to 2 seconds. Bullet dodged

FE38FE9C-B612-4632-87A4-0155FB2D89AC.gif

Does 120fps only work on TV's with 120 Hz... or are the two unrelated?

120 Hz doesn’texactly mean a TV can do 120 FPS. Hz is how often the TV can refresh the image and FPS is how often the TV can change frames. Visuals vssmoothness in a sense. Most TV’s do half the frame rate of it’s said HZ so a lot of TV’s doing 120FPS are 240HZ

120 Hz doesn’texactly mean a TV can do 120 FPS. Hz is how often the TV can refresh the image and FPS is how often the TV can change frames. Visuals vssmoothness in a sense. Most TV’s do half the frame rate of it’s said HZ so a lot of TV’s doing 120FPS are 240HZ
Might explain why my 144Hz ASUS monitor wouldn’t let me play COD at 120fps 🤔

For those on the fence about a TV I highly recommend to come into the PS5 with 4K and 120FPS. Even if you have to wait a while to get or play your PS5 because you have yet to get a next gen TV, you can’t dilute the experience for yourself. HDMI 2.1 will get cheaper as time goes on but it’ll get to a point where it’s mandatory. Get it out the way now. Playing DMC5: SE at 120 FPS is out-****ing-rageous

Agreed 100%

D Double D Double how is Gravity Rush 2? Any noticeable differences on PS5? I have that as well as the remastered GR1 in my library.

No PS5 improvements since it doesn't have dynamic resolution or unlocked framerate so it's the PS4 pro version at 30fps but I've not noticed any drops so it should be locked.

If you haven't played the first then you should give it a try. I got the plat on Vita then I got the remastered version and got the plat for that as well.

It's a very unique game with it's traversal and combat. You can't fly but you can shift gravity to fall in different directions so you can fly by falling basically.
Controls feel clunky at first but once you get it all down and get the camera sensitivity perfectly and hit the sweet spot, it's a very fun game.

It's a very good looking game as well. Art style and music is great. Part 2 also has better draw distance and more details in the city and environment. Newer skills and collectibles as well. It's just bigger in every way.
I've been doing a lot of side missions so I've not progressed far in the story since some stuff in the menu is still greyed out so I'm sure there's even more to discover.

Story is OK, nothing to write home about. Hopefully a lot of the questions from the first game are answered.

Back
Top Bottom