The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is it recommended to not play Spider-Man: Miles Morales yet? I have downloaded the updates for the game and Spider-Man: Remastered. I also transferred my saved data to the Remastered version as well but I have not played both of them yet.

Is it recommended to not play Spider-Man: Miles Morales yet? I have downloaded the updates for the game and Spider-Man: Remastered. I also transferred my saved data to the Remastered version as well but I have not played both of them yet.

ive played both spider-mans just fine without any issues affecting my ps5, i just avoid rest mode

its always possible you might have issues, but just realize that more people are probably playing and not saying anything than the people saying theyve had issues

I have played both and have yet to experience any of the reported issues. Insomniac announced that their latest update regarding the Remastered issue of putting the game in rest mode was addressed.

just pulled the trigger on a sony 900h... getting it delivered on friday... cant wait!! my sony bravia is from 2008 1080p but only 60hz... it works perfectly fine but i need that 4k... saw a demo at bestbuy and was like ya i need that lol...ill keep my old tv and use it in another room

Congrats man... I paid for my new 65” last night and pick up tomorrow. My Sony Bravia 4K is a 2017 iirc. It really looks great but I want my pupils melted. So taking old faithful to my #2 spot to use with my second PS5.

So y’all I’m using a 2015 Samsung 4K (no 120 FPS,/hdmi 2.1, HDR, VRR) on my PS5. I’ve got it on performance mode, (playing Warzone) and I do notice a bit of a smoother frame rate and minor visual upgrades over my Xbox One X. Am I just playing at a “prettier” 1080p w a steadier frame rate at the moment?

If your Sammy has low nits, no HDR and thusly no WCG - you are missing quite a bit of color pop. Your description might be pretty accurate albeit the higher resolution over 1080p is not something to sneeze at unless you're on a smaller sized screen.

Found one just chillin at target!
image.jpg

Congrats man... I paid for my new 65” last night and pick up tomorrow. My Sony Bravia 4K is a 2017 iirc. It really looks great but I want my pupils melted. So taking old faithful to my #2 spot to use with my second PS5.

If your Sammy has low nits, no HDR and thusly no WCG - you are missing quite a bit of color pop. Your description might be pretty accurate albeit the higher resolution over 1080p is not something to sneeze at unless you're on a smaller sized screen.
Right on....I’ve been kicking myself for adopting 4K too early lol. It’s all good tho, will look to upgrade next fall/winter.

Which TV do you guys recommend for the PS5? I was thinking of getting the Sony X900H 65”. I was going to get the LG 55 CX OLED but I’m afraid of the screen burn in. Also the price of the Sony is easier on the budget. Only $969.99 at Best Buy and Costco.

Man the bottom side of my dualsense was dingy after about 7-8 hours of play. I sanitized my hands on several occasions before use. The textured finish might be stripping the dirt and oil off your hands like a mofo. Had to use a wet wipe to scrub it. I said I was going to wear gloves and it is necessary.

How y'alls looking like?

Which TV do you guys recommend for the PS5? I was thinking of getting the Sony X900H 65”. I was going to get the LG 55 CX OLED but I’m afraid of the screen burn in. Also the price of the Sony is easier on the budget. Only $969.99 at Best Buy and Costco.
X900h is the TV I'm eyeing when we move. Unless TCL releases their new TV line with HDMI 2.1.

i got the 55 inch... would of loved the 65 since its bigger and not that much more money but its in my bedroom so i dont need a huge tv there...but if you guys have the room id definitely cop the 65 900h while deals are still good for black friday

NT making me spend money. Gonna get the X900h. Don’t want to worry about burn in and it has HDMI 2.1.

edit: pulled the trigger on the 65. Had $80 in BB rewards. Came out to $890 + tax

its only gonna be used for gaming. When I reset my entertainment system, plan on getting 75” OLED.

Last edited:

It's really between those 2 for gaming IMO.
CX is the better choice but the Sony definitely won't have any risk of burn-in.

Man the bottom side of my dualsense was dingy after about 7-8 hours of play. I sanitized my hands on several occasions before use. The textured finish might be stripping the dirt and oil off your hands like a mofo. Had to use a wet wipe to scrub it. I said I was going to wear gloves and it is necessary.

How y'alls looking like?
Yeah man... mine looked like this after 20 min. I’m just as shocked...
315A91D7-38D4-4B86-BD06-0461F3D6BEF3.jpeg

not srs lol
You prolly jus got anxiety sweat hands lol.
Mine looks fine after almost two weeks of playing daily. I did wipe my down once already with rubbing alchohil but that’s out of OCD cleanliness and not necessity lol.

i got the 55 inch... would of loved the 65 since its bigger and not that much more money but its in my bedroom so i dont need a huge tv there...but if you guys have the room id definitely cop the 65 900h while deals are still good for black friday

Thats the one I want, how much it set you back

After much deliberation, I passed on the X900h due to its low max brightness and lesser blacks/lower contrast ratio. It looks too similar to the Sony I already own but has much improved motion and it offers hdmi 2.1 which I'm not too hyped on yet. I want the most stunning eye-piercing HDR color and brightness I can get for the money. Basically OLED-esque performance without the burn-in risks.

So I went TCL 6 65" and I was blessed to get it brand new for less than the 55". Almost feels like I stole it. 2nd place for me was the Hi-Sense H9G which gets even brighter but it lacks many of the gaming features of the TCL 6 and is not as good at motion. If I have any issues with the 6, going to have to spend quite a bit more to get a better experience.

Once 8K LED-based with 2.1 is fully baked and prices get competitive, I'll upgrade again knowing that I haven't spent much at all crossing over to next-gen. Maybe we'll have a PS5 slim on the horizon by then too...>D

Back
Top Bottom