The next stage in sports bars -- personal seat license to watch your team on TV.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
good grief

Boston Fans To Pay For Rights to Buy Drinks

Deadspin.com

Ah, the good old days when the creeping menace of seat licenses were only confined to actual sporting events. Not anymore, thanks to Jerry Remy's new sports bar, and its $500 season passes.
Jerry Remy's Sports Bar & Grill opens up next week in Boston, and the NESN broadcaster figures it'll be the hot spot for that sad type of human who likes to go to the ballpark on game day, but not actually inside it.

To that end, the season passes. For just $500, it gets you a guaranteed seat, a $25 food credit for each visit, and an autographed photo of Remy at your table.
This $500 season-ticket package can deliver an experience as close to an actual season ticketholder as possible, at a fraction of the price,'' [manager Don] Bailey said.

In that you're still watching the game on TV, I'd rephrase that as "delivering an experience as close to staying home as possible, at many times the price."

Absurdly, there are two packages, one that'll get you into the bar for home games, and one for road games, but not both. There's also packages for the Patriots ($350) and Celtics ($250), neither of which benefit from the bar being across the street from Fenway.

I'm no math expert but....if this story is correct they are saying you get a "$25 food credit for each visit."  That then would mean if you go in there for 81 home games (or road games as they say) that would be $2,025 in food for the year.

That cannot be right.
laugh.gif

Yeah that's what was confusing me. Just for the food it's a huge savings... even if you go to half of the home or away games, 40 or so games, you're still getting 1000 dollars worth of food for only 500.

The downsides I can think of are you don't always eat 25 dollars worth of food every time and maybe drinks aren't included so that adds on to your bill.

laugh.gif

dustin pedroia > the rem dog

go smoke another pack of cigs and hack a lung up, jerry

Yeah i'm gonna guess there's a nice * that says alcohol not included, so they'll bite the bullet in food losses to get people in to drink. And I wouldn't be surprised if he has ghost funding from Mr. Luchino.

^ yeah. and im sure there's a requirement for like, must spend a certain amount of money per hour or per game.

In that you're still watching the game on TV, I'd rephrase that as "delivering an experience as close to staying home as possible, at many times the price."
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Yeah that's what was confusing me. Just for the food it's a huge savings... even if you go to half of the home or away games, 40 or so games, you're still getting 1000 dollars worth of food for only 500.

The downsides I can think of are you don't always eat 25 dollars worth of food every time and maybe drinks aren't included so that adds on to your bill.
yup.  whos gonna eat $25 of food EVERY time?  unless of course (very plausibly), a cheeseburger is $18...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

dustin pedroia > the rem dog

laugh.gif

doesn't seem like a bad idea to me...how many times have you guys gone to a sports bar for a big game and not been able to get a seat?

Back
Top Bottom