The NFL Is Seriously Concerned With Empty Stadiums

Niners Forbes value in 2011: $990 million
Niners Forbes value currently: $3 billion

Chargers Forbes value in 2011: $920 million
Chargers Forbes value currently: $2.1 billion

Rams Forbes value in 2011: $775 million
Rams Forbes value currently: $2.9 billion

Sure the league would like every seat to be filled every game, but the owners only truly care about having that new stadium. Once those are built everything else is secondary and they really don't lose sleep over anything. The media does though.

Title should read:

The NFL Is Seriously Concerned With Empty Stadiums...in California
Chargers we're stupid to move to la. So were the rams. Niners fans have also been Fairweather but then they moved out the city so that could explain it.

No one in la cares about pro football like that and the ones that do are raiders or fans of some other team and they are loyal. It's like the NFL forgot why la didn't have a team for so long .
Very idiotic bringing two teams to la. No one cares.
Hell I wouldn't go to a game right here if they were giving away tickets

Football is prob the only sport where you can't get a decent ticket at a game for less than $100

Football is prob the only sport where you can't get a decent ticket at a game for less than $100
Seats are insanely expensive. Parking is insanely expensive. Food and beverage are extremely expensive.

It's only like that in the NFL.

I can go to a baseball game with my wife, get drunk and spend less than $100. I can't get into Cowboys Stadium without spending $100 damn near before I walk in the door.

The Niners game was not as empty as it seemed on TV. I have friends and family that went to the game and they were telling me how people didn't go to their seats because it was damn near 100 with no shade. That stupid stadium wasn't built with the Santa Clara's weather in mind since they originally had developed it for SF. Most people stay in the concourses or anywhere they can get some shade during the game. The 49ers are actually looking into building a canopy on the stadium which they should have done from the beginning. Horrible planning.

I miss Candlestick.

Chargers we're stupid to move to la. So were the rams. Niners fans have also been Fairweather but then they moved out the city so that could explain it.

No one in la cares about pro football like that and the ones that do are raiders or fans of some other team and they are loyal. It's like the NFL forgot why la didn't have a team for so long .
Very idiotic bringing two teams to la. No one cares.
Hell I wouldn't go to a game right here if they were giving away tickets

:lol: @ the thought of a cowboy fan calling other fans fairweather.

Its only Cali... too many things you'd rather be doing on a Sunday than sitting in the hot sun watching ****ty football.

But as always, if the teams are good, people will sell it out. Raiders have the worst stadium in America and still sell out every game with tickets reselling for 3-5x retail & have a very long season ticket waitlist. Before the Reggie McKenzie/Carr/Mack era, you could get tickets for like $20 + most games were blacked out. If you win, they will come.

Unless they start winning rings the only football team that matters in LA is USC. The Chargers and the Rams are not gonna bring people out.

I've went to a cowboys game in San Fran in the 00s and it felt like a cowboys home game. .
Cowboy fans are far from Fairweather when's the last time we been really good. Ain't won ish since the 90s. Cowboys fans are loyal. What you saying makes no sense

Every Cowboy home game, is a home game for the visiting team.

And before you start talking about a cowboys game in SF feeling like a home game...

romo.jpg

Bw-DAV6IUAAKwgp.jpg:large

hnW63Cl.0.0.0.0.jpg

nfl regular season has only 8 home games tho... mlb has what? 80?
So parking, food and beers should be exponentially higher? No way.

Nevermind the fact the NFL has the worst set of idiots at their games of any of the major sports. It's literally the largest collection of jackasses anywhere.

And the NFL has the highest quality TV experience of the major sports.

I literally will not buy tickets to a football game. I'll go if they're given to me and if they're good seats. I will not buy them.

Every Cowboy home game, is a home game for the visiting team.

And before you start talking about a cowboys game in SF feeling like a home game...

romo.jpg

Bw-DAV6IUAAKwgp.jpg:large

hnW63Cl.0.0.0.0.jpg

Yeah, no this just isn't true.
I can think of one occasion and that's from the game you posted where the opponents took over Cowboy stadium.
Hell Niner fans took over this board for a season, but have seemingly disappeared.

NFL games are truly better when you're sitting at home. Going to an NFL game live is almost like a mini vacation in itself. The cost of the tickets, parking, and getting to the stadium is expensive. And then you couple that with potential merchandise being bought and concessions, its stupid expensive.

Yeah, no this just isn't true.
I can think of one occasion and that's from the game you posted where the opponents took over Cowboy stadium.
Hell Niner fans took over this board for a season, but have seemingly disappeared.

Seemingly disappeared? Come on man, you know better than that. In the words of a fellow Niner fan, here you go champ. We have the longest running team thread and the most consistently active, win or lose.

Now as for the Seahawks thread and fans....................................

Unlike the other two major American sports with football the closer you are to the action the worse your experience is. Too close to the field? You're not gonna see the hash marks to determine whether a first down was made, catch made in bounds, etc.

This is why I sit towards the back of the lower level at Levi's.

Seemingly disappeared? Come on man, you know better than that. In the words of a fellow Niner fan, here you go champ. We have the longest running team thread and the most consistently active, win or lose.

Exactly. Ran away to hide in your own team thread to avoid humility. Ya'll were in the NFL thread in droves in good times thumping your chests and trying to call out anyone and everything. The second and I mean the second the Niners started crumbling everyone except maybe @aNYone went into hiding. Seemingly disappeared is spot on. We know ya'll out here, you just don't want to be heard from until the Niners are good again. That's fine. But acting like ya'll some strong force or something is hilarious. We see you!

I mean....come on now.

The $2.6-billion stadium Rams owner Stan Kroenke is building in Inglewood will be the world’s costliest venue with a ticket pricing plan that would offer the most expensive seats in NFL history.

According to a document obtained by The Los Angeles Times, the highest priced personal seat licenses for Rams games could range from $175,000 to $225,000 per seat.

The license only entitles the owner to purchase a Rams season ticket after paying the one-time fee. The buyer must then purchase a game ticket with the best club seats tentatively priced between $350 and $400 a game.

People familiar with the Rams’ document cautioned the numbers are still being reviewed for the stadium scheduled to open in 2020.

Virtually all of the stadium’s 70,240 seats (about 5,000 are for suites) will require seat licenses.

Back
Top Bottom