The NT Rapper Thread: Who's the Best? Who should we check out?

Originally Posted by pnut245

Originally Posted by HARM

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

such as...?

Stewrat
IDK who Stewrat is but I'll check him out.. But I listened to your tape Nique it was good, I feel your tape should've got more attention than it did along with mines. 
I dropped the best mixtape out of everyone on this board this year and no one noticed it. A lot of people don't like to give new music a listen without a cosign.  
i must respect your post for the first line alone. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

post a link of your tape. let me see wussup. 

I dropped the best mixtape out of everyone on this board this year and no one noticed it.  

If this was true, you wouldn't have even said that.

I dropped the best mixtape out of everyone on this board this year and no one noticed it.  

If this was true, you wouldn't have even said that.

Honest OPINION:

Best rapping skills I would have to say G.O.D. Jewels easily. 

But I felt his raw talent shined more on his previously released tracks than what was on Glory or Death and Greatness Opens Doors. e.g. Mirror, Toys & Like a God (even though these made the debut tape), Catch Me in the Hood, I Got Bars (The Mobb Freestyle), How To Rap (only NTers would really get some of the bars on this), etc. 

His two tapes were really solid, and two of my most played but I still feel there's much left of his true talent that is yet to be seen. And they have great songs but there's an umph missing from the overall projects. Mixtapes that succeed rely more on the total product because of the energy and cohesiveness from them. Kush & OJ and Trap or Die are two critically-acclaimed mixtapes but neither have Nas-like lyricism. I can't be mad because both Jewels' releases have amazing quality, and he stayed true to what he thinks is best for him as an artist so I respect that.

I'm also a big fan of his original sound created from the majority of his tracks produced by Flu and eBeatz / E&J

Best Mixtape: Glory or Death

Best Songs from Mixtapes: (Aside from those already listed)

Boss / prod. by Flu
3-2 Gang ft. J-Diction / prod. by Flu (All I'm gonna say is WOW)
L.A. to Chicago ft. Dom Kennedy / prod. by Flu (Such a well crafted track and great collaboration)
Ain't no Way / prod. by E&J (best way to end a debut mixtape)
All Things Go / prod. by Plan
The Cusp ft. J-Nicole / prod. by E&J

Conclusion: Amazing talent. Original sound, flow, and constant quality work. I truly believe he's next up.

However, as an ARTIST I would have to say The Boy Illinois, as I was a HUGE fan of State Representative and Loyalty Before the Love, BUT I didn't have the same reception towards After School Program even though it was quality work as well. If you listen to his music, there was definitely a BIG shift here in his image and music, and I guess I didn't get the Illi I was expecting to hear after the first two Inhale volumes. I wasn't feeling the whole huge glasses, cardigan sweater Ivy league look. Or maybe I just related more with his original style but if he can find that lane kind of like how Wiz found the weed-smoker niche, then more power to him.
What I do love about his work is the constant Baron Boys production. Aside from that, the honesty and emotion in the first two Inhale volumes were some real +#@* that I felt separated his work from others. It made his music authentic.

Best Mixtape:

Inhale Pt. 2: Loyalty Before the Love 

I played Vol. 1 more but Vol. 2's production takes it to the top. I just wish the album art was better.

Best Songs:

Chicago White Sox ft. G.O.D. Jewels / prod. by Baron Boys (Great concept and chemistry and they both KILLED it.)
Stress
Exhale
Bye Bye Lil Lady / prod. by Time
Respect / prod. by Plan
Like This / prod. by Baron Boys
Chi Lights / prod. Trap Camp Ent.
Speaking Through Experience / prod. by Baron Boys

Conclusion: Great body of work. Great artist and has so much potential. Meshes well with Baron Boys sound. His hooks/song structure and replay value far-exceed many up-and-comers.

I feel these two are on the lead. Aside from the good promotion and support, their music does really speak for itself because they have great material and persistence. Dom and Wale already got theirs so no point in talking about them. But these two have incredible potential.

And if either of y'all bammas read this, this is all constructive criticism because I want y'all to improve and make it. I remember working on both y'all Myspace pages about 4 years ago
laugh.gif

Last message: Keep supporting NT artists and producers y'all
pimp.gif

Honest OPINION:

Best rapping skills I would have to say G.O.D. Jewels easily. 

But I felt his raw talent shined more on his previously released tracks than what was on Glory or Death and Greatness Opens Doors. e.g. Mirror, Toys & Like a God (even though these made the debut tape), Catch Me in the Hood, I Got Bars (The Mobb Freestyle), How To Rap (only NTers would really get some of the bars on this), etc. 

His two tapes were really solid, and two of my most played but I still feel there's much left of his true talent that is yet to be seen. And they have great songs but there's an umph missing from the overall projects. Mixtapes that succeed rely more on the total product because of the energy and cohesiveness from them. Kush & OJ and Trap or Die are two critically-acclaimed mixtapes but neither have Nas-like lyricism. I can't be mad because both Jewels' releases have amazing quality, and he stayed true to what he thinks is best for him as an artist so I respect that.

I'm also a big fan of his original sound created from the majority of his tracks produced by Flu and eBeatz / E&J

Best Mixtape: Glory or Death

Best Songs from Mixtapes: (Aside from those already listed)

Boss / prod. by Flu
3-2 Gang ft. J-Diction / prod. by Flu (All I'm gonna say is WOW)
L.A. to Chicago ft. Dom Kennedy / prod. by Flu (Such a well crafted track and great collaboration)
Ain't no Way / prod. by E&J (best way to end a debut mixtape)
All Things Go / prod. by Plan
The Cusp ft. J-Nicole / prod. by E&J

Conclusion: Amazing talent. Original sound, flow, and constant quality work. I truly believe he's next up.

However, as an ARTIST I would have to say The Boy Illinois, as I was a HUGE fan of State Representative and Loyalty Before the Love, BUT I didn't have the same reception towards After School Program even though it was quality work as well. If you listen to his music, there was definitely a BIG shift here in his image and music, and I guess I didn't get the Illi I was expecting to hear after the first two Inhale volumes. I wasn't feeling the whole huge glasses, cardigan sweater Ivy league look. Or maybe I just related more with his original style but if he can find that lane kind of like how Wiz found the weed-smoker niche, then more power to him.
What I do love about his work is the constant Baron Boys production. Aside from that, the honesty and emotion in the first two Inhale volumes were some real +#@* that I felt separated his work from others. It made his music authentic.

Best Mixtape:

Inhale Pt. 2: Loyalty Before the Love 

I played Vol. 1 more but Vol. 2's production takes it to the top. I just wish the album art was better.

Best Songs:

Chicago White Sox ft. G.O.D. Jewels / prod. by Baron Boys (Great concept and chemistry and they both KILLED it.)
Stress
Exhale
Bye Bye Lil Lady / prod. by Time
Respect / prod. by Plan
Like This / prod. by Baron Boys
Chi Lights / prod. Trap Camp Ent.
Speaking Through Experience / prod. by Baron Boys

Conclusion: Great body of work. Great artist and has so much potential. Meshes well with Baron Boys sound. His hooks/song structure and replay value far-exceed many up-and-comers.

I feel these two are on the lead. Aside from the good promotion and support, their music does really speak for itself because they have great material and persistence. Dom and Wale already got theirs so no point in talking about them. But these two have incredible potential.

And if either of y'all bammas read this, this is all constructive criticism because I want y'all to improve and make it. I remember working on both y'all Myspace pages about 4 years ago
laugh.gif

Last message: Keep supporting NT artists and producers y'all
pimp.gif

Man the best are Primavera Vills, Noah Caine and that other hater rapper/producer guy.

The rest are IGHT.

Man the best are Primavera Vills, Noah Caine and that other hater rapper/producer guy.

The rest are IGHT.

Originally Posted by 1NyceBalla

Hold up hold up hold up...the dude that made that overgrind mixtape is a niketalker
eek.gif
...I never knew that...I heard my boy playin it and downloaded it...thats some good music homie

thanks fam

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

The rest are IGHT.

roll.gif

thanks

PLAN & P.C. u already know... *daps*

*relights joint that went out when i was makin this post*
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 1NyceBalla

Hold up hold up hold up...the dude that made that overgrind mixtape is a niketalker
eek.gif
...I never knew that...I heard my boy playin it and downloaded it...thats some good music homie

thanks fam

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

The rest are IGHT.

roll.gif

thanks

PLAN & P.C. u already know... *daps*

*relights joint that went out when i was makin this post*
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Dudes is mixing rappers and producers. Unless Plan and Stewrat rap now.

Anyway, Illi, Dom, Jewels in that order for now. Don't count Wale since I'm pretty sure I was on this site and listening to his music before he was even on this board.

Honorable mentions to Hi-Jynx, Howard Floszstello, J. Diction, and Cali Cam

Dudes to check for: SRG, Wize, Wes Duce, Mr. Jefferson, Pharoah, Nique, D. Cinn,
Fuego.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Dudes is mixing rappers and producers. Unless Plan and Stewrat rap now.

Anyway, Illi, Dom, Jewels in that order for now. Don't count Wale since I'm pretty sure I was on this site and listening to his music before he was even on this board.

Honorable mentions to Hi-Jynx, Howard Floszstello, J. Diction, and Cali Cam

Dudes to check for: SRG, Wize, Wes Duce, Mr. Jefferson, Pharoah, Nique, D. Cinn,
Fuego.
pimp.gif

Prima gets some props for that recent dope tape. I keep forgetting he's 1/2 of The Scholars. That whole 58s crew is dope.

Prima gets some props for that recent dope tape. I keep forgetting he's 1/2 of The Scholars. That whole 58s crew is dope.

Back
Top Bottom