The NT Rapper Thread: Who's the Best? Who should we check out?

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

Originally Posted by pnut245

Originally Posted by HARM

Stewrat
IDK who Stewrat is but I'll check him out.. But I listened to your tape Nique it was good, I feel your tape should've got more attention than it did along with mines. 
I dropped the best mixtape out of everyone on this board this year and no one noticed it. A lot of people don't like to give new music a listen without a cosign.  
i must respect your post for the first line alone. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

post a link of your tape. let me see wussup. 
Yea definitely... Here's my tape: http://www.datpiff.com/Ayo-G-Full-Of-Myself-Vol1-mixtape.230356.html 
I got videos coming for Rubberband StaCCzz, Good Morning America, Follow My Lead, and One Night coming soon. Might do a video for every song, getting a hook up so why not haha

PLVN wrote:
pnut245 wrote:
I dropped the best mixtape out of everyone on this board this year and no one noticed it.  

If this was true, you wouldn't have even said that.
laugh.gif
 ... You and I both know a lot of good music gets overlooked on NT

Originally Posted by HARM

Stewrat
IDK who Stewrat is but I'll check him out.. But I listened to your tape Nique it was good, I feel your tape should've got more attention than it did along with mines. 
I dropped the best mixtape out of everyone on this board this year and no one noticed it. A lot of people don't like to give new music a listen without a cosign.  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yea definitely... Here's my tape: http://www.datpiff.com/Ayo-G-Full-Of-Myself-Vol1-mixtape.230356.html 
I got videos coming for Rubberband StaCCzz, Good Morning America, Follow My Lead, and One Night coming soon. Might do a video for every song, getting a hook up so why not haha

PLVN wrote:
pnut245 wrote:
I dropped the best mixtape out of everyone on this board this year and no one noticed it.  

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

PLVN wrote:
pnut245 wrote:
laugh.gif

listened to a few tracks. it's a really good mix. some of the beats were a little generic but they weren't bad. 
honestly i expected it to be lyrically mind blowing after you making the statement that it was the best thing dropped on NT this year...but you're pretty good. 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

PLVN wrote:
pnut245 wrote:
laugh.gif

listened to a few tracks. it's a really good mix. some of the beats were a little generic but they weren't bad. 
honestly i expected it to be lyrically mind blowing after you making the statement that it was the best thing dropped on NT this year...but you're pretty good. 

Yes of course...but if it's something truly great, it'll get recognition regardless.

Yes of course...but if it's something truly great, it'll get recognition regardless.

Only a fan of two:

1. Cali Cam (keep puttin daygo on the map bruh)
2. Time (Versatile)

Only a fan of two:

1. Cali Cam (keep puttin daygo on the map bruh)
2. Time (Versatile)

I've came across a lot of talented artists on NT. But the ones I feel are the most talented go unnoticed for some reason
Popularity. Vills is better than TIME imo yet ppl will suck TIME before Vills bc of his post count and presence.
However, regardless of who NT thinks is "the best" if they aint goin anywhere what's the point? Then again, be careful of succeeding, that's when they start to hate u

I've came across a lot of talented artists on NT. But the ones I feel are the most talented go unnoticed for some reason
Popularity. Vills is better than TIME imo yet ppl will suck TIME before Vills bc of his post count and presence.
However, regardless of who NT thinks is "the best" if they aint goin anywhere what's the point? Then again, be careful of succeeding, that's when they start to hate u

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Time is well rounded and gives beats/help to the other artists on this board
if anything he's known for "hating", his post count and presence don't work for him.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Time is well rounded and gives beats/help to the other artists on this board
if anything he's known for "hating", his post count and presence don't work for him.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

PLVN wrote:
pnut245 wrote:
laugh.gif

Yea I don't aim to be very lyrical I'm aiming for singles as of now. I made a lot of mainstream Hip-hop music on this mixtape, which I feel is my lane right now. I feel every song can have a video. 

PLVN wrote:

Yeah your right, but everyone has their own opinions of whats great.  So whats yours? Give me an example

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

PLVN wrote:
pnut245 wrote:
laugh.gif

Yea I don't aim to be very lyrical I'm aiming for singles as of now. I made a lot of mainstream Hip-hop music on this mixtape, which I feel is my lane right now. I feel every song can have a video. 

PLVN wrote:

Yeah your right, but everyone has their own opinions of whats great.  So whats yours? Give me an example

most of these artists ya'll naming aint really doing nothing to get out there. afraid to do shows. etc... just some random dude dropping a tape and praying an A&R catches on.

GET OUT THERE AND GET SHOWS.

TWITTER aint no record company.

most of these artists ya'll naming aint really doing nothing to get out there. afraid to do shows. etc... just some random dude dropping a tape and praying an A&R catches on.

GET OUT THERE AND GET SHOWS.

TWITTER aint no record company.

PLVN wrote:

laugh.gif

PLVN wrote:

yeah i got that vibe. 
and since that was what you were goin for...good job. 

PLVN wrote:

laugh.gif

PLVN wrote:

yeah i got that vibe. 
and since that was what you were goin for...good job. 

Originally Posted by jomitm

However, as an ARTIST I would have to say The Boy Illinois, as I was a HUGE fan of State Representative and Loyalty Before the Love, BUT I didn't have the same reception towards After School Program even though it was quality work as well. If you listen to his music, there was definitely a BIG shift here in his image and music, and I guess I didn't get the Illi I was expecting to hear after the first two Inhale volumes. I wasn't feeling the whole huge glasses, cardigan sweater Ivy league look. Or maybe I just related more with his original style but if he can find that lane kind of like how Wiz found the weed-smoker niche, then more power to him.
What I do love about his work is the constant Baron Boys production. Aside from that, the honesty and emotion in the first two Inhale volumes were some real +#@* that I felt separated his work from others. It made his music authentic.

Best Mixtape:

Inhale Pt. 2: Loyalty Before the Love 

I played Vol. 1 more but Vol. 2's production takes it to the top. I just wish the album art was better.

Best Songs:

Chicago White Sox ft. G.O.D. Jewels / prod. by Baron Boys (Great concept and chemistry and they both KILLED it.)
Stress
Exhale
Bye Bye Lil Lady / prod. by Time
Respect / prod. by Plan
Like This / prod. by Baron Boys
Chi Lights / prod. Trap Camp Ent.
Speaking Through Experience / prod. by Baron Boys

Conclusion: Great body of work. Great artist and has so much potential. Meshes well with Baron Boys sound. His hooks/song structure and replay value far-exceed many up-and-comers.

I feel these two are on the lead. Aside from the good promotion and support, their music does really speak for itself because they have great material and persistence. Dom and Wale already got theirs so no point in talking about them. But these two have incredible potential.

And if either of y'all bammas read this, this is all constructive criticism because I want y'all to improve and make it. I remember working on both y'all Myspace pages about 4 years ago
laugh.gif

Last message: Keep supporting NT artists and producers y'all
pimp.gif
Means a lot. Thanks. I handle Illi's publicity/marketing. Got a lot in the works.
Truth be told as well, Im more of a fan of Inhale 2 than 3. That's what made me a fan.

Back
Top Bottom