The NT Rapper Thread: Who's the Best? Who should we check out?

7th Letter - Good flow, fly concepts, picks beats well, but never EVER finishes his tracks. Has an unpolished sound.

G.o.D. Jewels - Superb flow, very clever, sometimes tries too hard to select unique beats but overall an outstanding artist. Has a Chicago fixation that bogs down his albums.

Hy-Jinx - Crucial New York flow. New York Rap is still dead. Won't lend me the Jordans and Gold Chain beat...

Jay Reid - Good writer, the constant complaint about Reid has been his flow but it is what it is. Has interesting concepts. Really knows his sound.

Jurisdiction - Awesome voice, reminds me of Shawna, not nearly enough work.

Wise/Da Scholar - Unique regional sound. Improving on beat selection and concepts. Was DEAD SET on saving hip hop. Much better artist today.

Mr. Gam/Gambyno - Very unique rap voice. Created one of my favorite NT Mixtape tracks ever (The Alpha) haven't liked much since.

D Cinn - Had the country thug game on LOCK. Sound is a little repetitive but consistently good.

Young Prince - Came a long way with his voice and flow, always had great beat selection, reminds me of early Jeezy. (Yeaaaaaaahhhh)

Young Rilla - Remember when Tony Yayo was supposedly the "best rapper" in G-Unit and you didn't know better because there wasn't that much material out from him? That = Young Rilla. I've probably heard more Rilla than most of NT and he is good. Rilla really reminds me of Royce da 5'9', very, very aggressive high energy flow.

J Danger - One of the few rappers I've ever known to really use the doubletime flow with any effectiveness.

The Boy Illinois - Has loads of potential, has released great tracks.

Three-1-Zero - If Black Milk was from the West sIiiiiiEEEEEDDEE! You'd have 3-1-0. Dude's nice.

DMV - My guy can really sing. I always thought he sounded like Sisqo. Writing has come a long way since he relocated.

U-N-I - These guys get it in. A GROUP from the west coast? Say whaaa? Got a cool laid back sound.

Team Scene - If the Black Eyed Peas hadn't sold out this is the group they'd be. I've always thought the Team tried a little too hard to be different, but they definitely come through with the quality tracks.

Wes Duce - Has come a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way. But has developed a sound, I think he's still looking for "his" sound though. Constantly improving. Worth keeping an ear out for.

TIME - The definition of knowing your sound. Can definitely rap, can definitely produce, can definitely make songs. Range is a little limited. Couldn't get a party crankin to save his life but the ride home? The smoke'll be thick and TIME will be on point.

Kneesh - Knows the sound she wants to have but could use some guidance on voice control and beat selection. And that's just how I feel about the situation.

Meanz Of Operation - Have a good sound. A unique setup as a crunk group. Sort of like if Gucci and Wakka Flocka could rap a little better.

Hollywood Floss - Knows his sound, has solid consistent music. A promotion MACHINE.

Young Ghats - Great storyteller, definitely on point with the concepts and beat selection.

I've had the pleasure of hearing a LOT of music from NT, with the early NT Mixtapes, I'm not surprised when I hear some of the projects from some of these folks are generating a buzz...

7th Letter - Good flow, fly concepts, picks beats well, but never EVER finishes his tracks. Has an unpolished sound.

G.o.D. Jewels - Superb flow, very clever, sometimes tries too hard to select unique beats but overall an outstanding artist. Has a Chicago fixation that bogs down his albums.

Hy-Jinx - Crucial New York flow. New York Rap is still dead. Won't lend me the Jordans and Gold Chain beat...

Jay Reid - Good writer, the constant complaint about Reid has been his flow but it is what it is. Has interesting concepts. Really knows his sound.

Jurisdiction - Awesome voice, reminds me of Shawna, not nearly enough work.

Wise/Da Scholar - Unique regional sound. Improving on beat selection and concepts. Was DEAD SET on saving hip hop. Much better artist today.

Mr. Gam/Gambyno - Very unique rap voice. Created one of my favorite NT Mixtape tracks ever (The Alpha) haven't liked much since.

D Cinn - Had the country thug game on LOCK. Sound is a little repetitive but consistently good.

Young Prince - Came a long way with his voice and flow, always had great beat selection, reminds me of early Jeezy. (Yeaaaaaaahhhh)

Young Rilla - Remember when Tony Yayo was supposedly the "best rapper" in G-Unit and you didn't know better because there wasn't that much material out from him? That = Young Rilla. I've probably heard more Rilla than most of NT and he is good. Rilla really reminds me of Royce da 5'9', very, very aggressive high energy flow.

J Danger - One of the few rappers I've ever known to really use the doubletime flow with any effectiveness.

The Boy Illinois - Has loads of potential, has released great tracks.

Three-1-Zero - If Black Milk was from the West sIiiiiiEEEEEDDEE! You'd have 3-1-0. Dude's nice.

DMV - My guy can really sing. I always thought he sounded like Sisqo. Writing has come a long way since he relocated.

U-N-I - These guys get it in. A GROUP from the west coast? Say whaaa? Got a cool laid back sound.

Team Scene - If the Black Eyed Peas hadn't sold out this is the group they'd be. I've always thought the Team tried a little too hard to be different, but they definitely come through with the quality tracks.

Wes Duce - Has come a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way. But has developed a sound, I think he's still looking for "his" sound though. Constantly improving. Worth keeping an ear out for.

TIME - The definition of knowing your sound. Can definitely rap, can definitely produce, can definitely make songs. Range is a little limited. Couldn't get a party crankin to save his life but the ride home? The smoke'll be thick and TIME will be on point.

Kneesh - Knows the sound she wants to have but could use some guidance on voice control and beat selection. And that's just how I feel about the situation.

Meanz Of Operation - Have a good sound. A unique setup as a crunk group. Sort of like if Gucci and Wakka Flocka could rap a little better.

Hollywood Floss - Knows his sound, has solid consistent music. A promotion MACHINE.

Young Ghats - Great storyteller, definitely on point with the concepts and beat selection.

I've had the pleasure of hearing a LOT of music from NT, with the early NT Mixtapes, I'm not surprised when I hear some of the projects from some of these folks are generating a buzz...

Oh I KNEW I was forgetting something!

There are a LOT of artists that owe their notoriety to the beasts behind the boards. It's unbelievable to me that there aren't more industry placements for the producers on here. This list isn't conclusive by any means but.

TIME
PLAN
JAPE
FLU...ready
StewRat
Joe (I forget his aliases but they're real southern the tag is "Joe on the track.")
Jetpack *I've always felt he had an arrogance about him, due to his "connects" but I can't front on the talent.
MrXDaVillian
VinceXInsanity
Keen-Y
Half Amazin
Nemesis
Mighty 1ne

And I know there's more, but yall keep grinding!

Oh I KNEW I was forgetting something!

There are a LOT of artists that owe their notoriety to the beasts behind the boards. It's unbelievable to me that there aren't more industry placements for the producers on here. This list isn't conclusive by any means but.

TIME
PLAN
JAPE
FLU...ready
StewRat
Joe (I forget his aliases but they're real southern the tag is "Joe on the track.")
Jetpack *I've always felt he had an arrogance about him, due to his "connects" but I can't front on the talent.
MrXDaVillian
VinceXInsanity
Keen-Y
Half Amazin
Nemesis
Mighty 1ne

And I know there's more, but yall keep grinding!

the girls in his videos be girls he really know tho.....
laugh.gif

Yo where is Three-1-Zero? I've had his tape for a while and for it to be on industry beats he was very dope lyrically and song making wise.

Yo where is Three-1-Zero? I've had his tape for a while and for it to be on industry beats he was very dope lyrically and song making wise.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Dom aint no NT rapper anymore.

n' got videos with pretty b's and all that %%!%.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Props to all the NT talent out there. I generally try to check out yall stuff.  Keep grindin' if  you're REALLY trying to do this.  Just making the music itself is a SMALL part of making it (unfortunately)

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Dom aint no NT rapper anymore.

n' got videos with pretty b's and all that %%!%.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Props to all the NT talent out there. I generally try to check out yall stuff.  Keep grindin' if  you're REALLY trying to do this.  Just making the music itself is a SMALL part of making it (unfortunately)

Originally Posted by GolfAlphaBravoEcho

that your way of saying we're radio friendly and the girls love us?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GolfAlphaBravoEcho

that your way of saying we're radio friendly and the girls love us?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom