the NT Wedding season thread vol. tying the knot, attending, crashing?

From now through September I have 5 weddings I'm attending. I'm a groomsmen in 3. I'm sure there are plenty of NTers getting married and attending as guests. Thought it would be interesting to hear and share wedding/engagement plans, crazy stories, etiquette tips, and so on in one thread.

Being a groomsmen, what is an acceptable gift to give? I'm clueless.

Just got married
congrats and im trying to crash weddings this season
smokin.gif
 Them yambs are the best

glad i'm past the age where all my friends are getting married. there was a period there from ages 21-25 where it was nonstop lol.

From now through September I have 5 weddings I'm attending. I'm a groomsmen in 3. I'm sure there are plenty of NTers getting married and attending as guests. Thought it would be interesting to hear and share wedding/engagement plans, crazy stories, etiquette tips, and so on in one thread.

Being a groomsmen, what is an acceptable gift to give? I'm clueless.
As someone getting married in one week, give a cash gift!  At least pay for the cost of your dinner....

As someone getting married in one week, give a cash gift!  At least pay for the cost of your dinner....

Appreciate the advice. Wasn't sure if I was supposed to get something sentimental since one is my best friend the other is my sister's. Cash rules I guess.

This.

I'm getting married next year and we are not going the whole wedding shower and registry route - my girl is Vietnamese so we're gonna go with their tradition of the red envelopes. Hopefully that takes care of the cost of the wedding and then some.

I have 3 weddings this summer...

best man for one of them.

Groomsman for my cousins wedding in a few weeks, weddings in the Philippines. Its gonna be the first time I go to my homeland, super excited. :D

Groomsmen for one in mid-August.

If you are attending a wedding I strongly suggest money as a gift, like someone mentioned earlier. A lot of couples look to recuperate from the weddings through the gifts that they receive.

^if you don't get anything off the registry I'd go for no less than $200 no more than $500 unless you can afford it.

Back
Top Bottom