The Number Of Immigrants With Cold Sores On Their Lips...Does Anyone Know If It's Herpes Or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freedmind2015

Banned
Not even being funny, it's just I encounter a lot of immigrants with cold sores on their lips. Yesterday I introduced myself to a neighbor and she turned around and smiled and she had a huge cold sore on her lip. A few weeks ago someone else. The first thing I thought about was the film How High and can't help but to believe it's related to unsafe sex practices within these cultures. A few of which have a strict rule on interracial dating, namely against black people, who are stereotyped as being dirty and unclean...but yet women from these foreign cultures are walking around with cold sores on their lips.

...anyone care to discuss?

When dealing with a potential case of the herp its just better to assume it is the herp....

Unless of course you want to ask or find out the hard way

Why does it matter to you anyways?

Last edited:
I've seen far more Americans with cold sores than I've seen immigrants.

When dealing with a potential case of the herp its just better to assume it is the herp....

Unless of course you want to ask or find out the hard way
But then that would be a form of racism...but I would like to know, in case there's sharing of food, drinks or towels etc. I don't want to be rude, but I also don't want to accidentally end up with herpes trying to be politically correct.

But then that would be a form of racism...but I would like to know, in case there's sharing of food, drinks or towels etc. I don't want to be rude, but I also don't want to accidentally end up with herpes trying to be politically correct.
roll.gif

You can word a question about herpes in a way that isn't racist. 

Thread title is so offensive :lol: :smh:

Are you seeing ppl with cold sores and assuming they're immigrants or actually asking ppl if they're immigrants and noticing they have cold sores?

Last edited:

roll.gif

You can word a question about herpes in a way that isn't racist. 
But I would feel it's racist in my mind, and if I entertain these stereotypes without being sure that's implicit bias, no? So I'd rather be straight up about it, that way I can't be labeled as a racist even if my assumptions are correct. But how do you do that without being racist?

Last edited:
Thread title is so offensive
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Are you seeing ppl with cold sores and assuming they're immigrants or actually asking ppl if they're immigrants and noticing they have cold sores?
I'm one of four black people living on my block and I'm sort of being put in this box of "the neighborhood's black guy", or at least the one they'd prefer to have around here. So everyone always stops me and talks to me and tells me about their country, since I have quite vast understanding of many cultures besides my own. I figure it's my job as an American to help define the world I live in. 

But herpes is a sensitive subject, most likely because it's sexually embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom