The Oakland Athletics 2018 Offseason Season Thread | One and Done Again

Hoping Montas can step up. I don't want Gio but I'd take a shot on about anyone at this point.

After jumping out to that 5-0 lead in the first, recent history told me it wouldn't hold...Thank goodness for our bullpen and timely hitting

yall, i love these seats. sitting a few rows behind homeplate is nice and all, but centerfield and right field bleachers are my favorite views. on another note, i was surprised at how empty o.co was yesterday. in the middle of a pennant race and this is the showing? A's brass did good with that "Access Day." Concessions were DIRT CHEAP
IMG_5976.JPG

Davis in another one of his funks. Pitching has been horrible lately. Got a month to pick things back up.

Dammit! Houston be staying hot lately. With so many pitchers going down, that Fiers acquisition keeps looking better and better. Pitched great last night.

Different year, same result.

I'm honestly disappointed in the offensive performance tonight. Complete and utter garbage. Once Judge hit that homer, sad for me to say, but I knew it was a wrap. I felt we needed to strike first to take the crowd out of it early and build on that. After a while, these one and done efforts just start to stick like a thorn in your side. Oh well, I'll have a few shots of the good stuff when I get home from work. Hopefully that will ease the pain a little.

I know the frustration. My biggest disappointment is the offense tonight. They had chances to get back into this game and they simply didn’t. The bullpen did everything to try to keep this game close but this team was only gonna go as far as the offense could carry us. Didn’t happen.

Hope we can get healthy and find starting pitching in the offseason. Sick of the one and dones.

even if the bullpen pitched near perfect, our bats were absolutely dormant tonite. right when severino was starting to look rattled, gifting us with walks and letting us load the bases, same story: A's leaving RISP. heart of our line up went 2-15.

cinderella season cut short, but this WC loss doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as the loss to the royals in 2014. team obviously exceeded all expectations coming into the season, especially with the starting pitching going through so much flux up until the all star break. was just texting my boys about it though, lots to look forward to in the near future. FO seems like it wants to build as opposed to selling its players. found two infield gems in chapman and olson, laureano’s future is looking bright, semien showed some major improvement on defense, built up a solid bullpen, and khrush gonna continue to be feast or famine but at least he was more patient at the plate this year.

A LOT of guys on team control, wont be FA til 2021/2022

Gotta beef up the rotation, get Puk/Manaea back from injury, try to re-sign Luc/Treinen and I'll be so satisfied.

A rotation that gets through Spring Training without injury could be lethal next year.

I wonder what the plans are for Khris and Jed. And if Chapman will even engage with us about a contract extension before he hits market.

It’s going to happen. They’ve invested way too much to not make it happen now.

Love the design too.
095EFEC3-3BEF-45B6-8B74-8835FACEAB76.jpeg
F71ABA39-616A-4C5D-B187-968747B28893.jpeg
B4848F31-4D9C-461D-AE45-83E0DB0A32B7.jpeg

CB3721F0-9427-4CDE-8BA5-E664740A26B5.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom