The Oakland Athletics 2018 Offseason Season Thread | One and Done Again

Same. This team gets so deflated when they get behind early. I thought we missed our chance to set the tone in that 2nd inning with runners at the corners and only 1 out. Hope this gives them confidence going into the next series.

between games 1 and 162 of the regular season, they're like the comeback kids, nothing but walk-off miracles in the 9th... but come playoffs, it just seems like it's a different tune.

in any case hella glad they were able to get out of a wildcard round. sucks that in a year we finally win the division, we have to play a 3 game wildcard just to get to the ALDS. but maybe it's what hte team needed to get those bats warmed up. props to the bull pen today. they looked ready to fold at some points but got out of jams.

on to the asstros

9f0dafaeb303fb7bdf18bb07ab7497bc.jpg

We just don't have the juice.

Astros all jumping around and ****.

We look soft and neutered.

Poor showing against a team that disrespected.

Sounds Billy is finally moving on...

not gonna lie, i'm happy about this. Oakland A's moneyball was just the definition of insanity. i'd rather them miss the playoffs entirely instead of being just good enough to be wildcard busts

but damn, billy going to Boston? talk about going from impoverished to being donald duck overnight

Donald Duck meaning what? lol

I think you meant it as a compliment, but in case you didnt, I wont tolerate any Donald Duck slander. #elitedisneycharacter

Semien gone and La Stella appears to be heading to the Giants. ::sigh::

I feel like the A’s never had plans to resign Marcus but wanted LaStella and he didn’t want to be here. Just my gut feeling.

I still think this team will compete for a division title if the starting pitching can perform because the division is fairly weak but really disappointed in this offseason.I think the bullpen is going to take a huge step back and we need to sign a middle infielder. You can’t be rolling out kemp everyday.

I'm sure fanatics and american express invented their "jersey assurance" policy for A's fans who foolishly invested in a jersey with a player's name on it.

At this point I don’t really buy any report until something official happens, but I hate Fisher to my core.

If he wants this thing done, spend the extra money and get it done. If you don’t, go to Vegas. This organization will be garbage as long as he’s around, I don’t care if they have a new park or not. He will never spend.

Wish he sold the team to Lacob. **** fisher and kaval. And manfred.

It’s like a never ending nightmare. New stadium or we’ll move has been the headline for how long now…

This was a little more nuanced of a discussion of the current status and realities of HT than the usual reports and soundbites.

Taylor will most likely be the next mayor.

Back
Top Bottom