The Office is so bad now - somebody please cancel this show already

I used to be a huge office fan during the first two seasons... Hell, i own the first 3 seasons on DVD and own all the British Office episodes as well. Theshow has steadily gotten worse since season 2, not even resembling the same show it started as outside of the main cast being the same. So I've kindastopped following it as closely this season finally, after continuing to stick with it reluctantly the last 2... I just caught last week's episode aboutthe "Cafe Disco", and I think that's it for me... that was possibly one of the worst written, worst acted, worst executed sitcom episodesI've ever seen - and I've seen some bad ones.

It's time the Office just cut it's losses and got out. It's now just becoming sad how hard they're trying to be funny and failing.
tired.gif
ohwell.gif

indifferent.gif
Off yourself, one of the only good shows on TV, it fell off last season but has bounced back.

I wouldn't take it that far but it's definitely losing its luster. Only thing I really watch the show for now is Creed's random moments. The discoball last episode had me laughing for days
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I used to be a huge office fan during the first two seasons... Hell, i own the first 3 seasons on DVD and own all the British Office episodes as well. The show has steadily gotten worse since season 2, not even resembling the same show it started as outside of the main cast being the same. So I've kinda stopped following it as closely this season finally, after continuing to stick with it reluctantly the last 2... I just caught last week's episode about the "Cafe Disco", and I think that's it for me... that was possibly one of the worst written, worst acted, worst executed sitcom episodes I've ever seen - and I've seen some bad ones.

It's time the Office just cut it's losses and got out. It's now just becoming sad how hard they're trying to be funny and failing.
tired.gif
ohwell.gif
e3f360124dea530851add4ec9bcdb3b60f04c7fb.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

indifferent.gif
Off yourself, one of the only good shows on TV, it fell off last season but has bounced back.

nah - trust me on this one dude, you wanna see a funny show - check out 30 Rock. It's MILES ahead of The Office in terms of funny right now... The Officeactually makes me cringe at how unfunny they are when they go for laughs. It's like actually obvious WHEN they are trying to get a laugh - that's howbad it's gotten.

Cafe Disco was hilarious IMO, best show in a while

second 30 Rock and even Parks & Rec had its moments last night, looks like it might find a groove/niche.

What exactly did you guys enjoy about that episode? It was pure ******ation - all the subtle, funny jokes that MADE The Office early on are GONE... everythingnow is like one of those Disaster/Date/Epic movies where they just smash you over the head with knee slappers. It's so dumbed down.

The only redeeming qualities of the show i can find anymore are that the guy who plays Andy is pretty funny, and Pam is still hot.

Well, instead of writing about it on NT, why not write to NBC, let em know..

oh man..there's a volcano burrito at Taco Bell..

The only redeeming qualities of the show i can find anymore are that the guy who plays Andy is pretty funny, and Pam is still hot.

No love for Creed? Dude has a minute of airtime per episode and makes the most of it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

No love for Creed? Dude has a minute of airtime per episode and makes the most of it
laugh.gif

He's hit and miss... i liked him best when he hardly spoke at all, but i saw a few episodes last season or this season where he actually haddecent sized roles and was just annoying.. i also hate how they made Phyllis and Stanley and Oscar, all the side characters, basically become regular playerson the show. They should've stayed background people entirely, they aren't interesting enough characters to generate plots around them.

I agree to a certain extent.

The show's first two seasons were easily the best. Season 3 was bad, and season 4 was just awful at times. The mockumentary style and humor was gone and itwas like a regular sitcom. However I've felt that much of this season has been going back on the right track.

I've accepted that the things I liked about the early episodes and humor is changed now, it's less original and relies on too many gags. They'realso making Dwight too self-aware of his own quirks and strange qualities, which was the humor in Dwight originally... that he was oblivious to his own idiocy.

Cafe Disco wasn't my favorite from the season, but I can turn to any channel during primetime and find a worse sitcom playing right now. 30 Rock is verygood though, I'll agree there for sure.

The Office at its worst > most sitcom crap on tv right now. That doesn't justify the writers/produces to put out an inferior product, but it's justrealizing that it's still a better show than most.

I agree 100%

That was the genius of the UK version, they only go for two seasons so it doesn't lose its appeal. I've been watching the show from the beginning andit has just been getting progressively worse. It has a few good episodes here and there but overall, it isn't that great anymore.

It was good before the whole long ongoing storylines. I mean Jim and Pam were one thing, but Andy/Angela, Dwight/Angela, Michael Scott Paper Company, and soon...I have yet to talk to somebody who has been watching it through its existence and thinks that show is that great...

Originally Posted by vctry20

I agree 100%

That was the genius of the UK version, they only go for two seasons so it doesn't lose its appeal. I've been watching the show from the beginning and it has just been getting progressively worse. It has a few good episodes here and there but overall, it isn't that great anymore.

It was good before the whole long ongoing storylines. I mean Jim and Pam were one thing, but Andy/Angela, Dwight/Angela, Michael Scott Paper Company, and so on...I have yet to talk to somebody who has been watching it through its existence and thinks that show is that great...

That's the key I think... most people who think it's still great probably watched the first two seasons after starting to watch the later seasons. Orat least, that's gotta be my theory here on how many people can still defend it.

I was starting to think it fell off and they should put an end to it

but after the last few episodes, I had to change my mind

that $$@# is still funny as hell

The show has never been THAT funny. It's just a corny show that capitalizes on the fact that pseudo intellects will watch it because they feel special for"getting it". You not like it now prob doesn't have much to do with it becoming any less funny, it prob has more to do with the show becoming sopopular with the mainstream audience. Mr. Pseudo Intellect doesn't find comfort in enjoying the same entertainment as "normal" people. You lookso special saying you like the English version better - jesus christ you're so sophisticated!

Originally Posted by snow pl0w

The show has never been THAT funny. It's just a corny show that capitalizes on the fact that pseudo intellects will watch it because they feel special for "getting it". You not like it now prob doesn't have much to do with it becoming any less funny, it prob has more to do with the show becoming so popular with the mainstream audience. Mr. Pseudo Intellect doesn't find comfort in enjoying the same entertainment as "normal" people. You look so special saying you like the English version better - jesus christ you're so sophisticated!

The show is starting to run out of ideas hence why it isn't funny anymore.
laugh.gif
at you thinking the Office is snobby humor.

I agree Craftsy. I was really into it the first 3 seasons, but now its not even the same kindve comedy which made it great to me. I stopped watchingawhile ago.

30 Rock is great.

the show did fall off last year or the year before, it was like they were trying too hard to be funny, but it bounced back though this year....

Originally Posted by kingkb34

Don't watch it then...
eyes.gif
kind've what i said my plan was in the first post, eh?
eyes.gif

And psuedo-intellect? Yeah, I'M the one who sounds full of myself in this thread, Mr. psychoanalyst sir.

Back
Top Bottom