the Office shocker: Michael Scott leaving

if im late, my bad

Steve Carell leaving The Office?
OK, OK, before you Office fans get all in a tizzy over this, Steve Carell is not leaving the show, but his character - Michael Scott - is for a fewepisodes.

Variety says that an upcoming episode will find Michael's world shaken by a new addition to Dunder-Mifflinin the form of Idris Elba (The Wire), who will play a no-nonsense hire at the corporate office for a six-episode arc.

Elba's character will take over Jan's position, a job that Michael thinks should rightfully be his. Michael willleave Dunder-Mifflin in a huff, and reportedly take another employee with him.

Adam Carolla is CBS' Ace
Comedian/actor/writer and former radio show host Adam Carolla has had his multi-camera comedy picked up by CBS.

Ace in the Hole, a multi-camera comedy, will spotlight Carolla in the role of a husband and father who works asa driving instructor.

The last-minute pickup, via The Hollywood Reporter, came a day after Carolla's daily Los Angeles radio showwas cancelled due to a format change at KLSX-FX.

Brotherhood brother jumps ship
This can't be good news for fans of Brotherhood who were hoping for another season of the taut cable drama; star Jason Clarke hassnagged the lead role in CBS' U.S. attorney drama.

The Hollywood Reporter says the as-yet-untitled legal series revolves around a team of federal prosecutors inthe U.S. attorney's office in Manhattan. Clarke will play a section chief who oversees four lawyers and their paralegals.

http://tvguide.sympatico....090223_office_new_boss_GD

My Take: Would not watch the show without Michael

Stringer Bell
pimp.gif

This is why the American version is so much worse than the British version.� 6 episode arc? Weak.� The heightened realism of the British version is what madeit so devastatingly beautiful and real.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

This is why the American version is so much worse than the British version.� 6 episode arc? Weak.� The heightened realism of the British version is what made it so devastatingly beautiful and real.
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

Dudes love to go against the grain.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by demondeac2010

^^ +1 the british is far better than the american
false
indifferent.gif

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read on NT.

The British version is so far ahead of the American version, it shouldn't even be compared to the trash here in the US.

I like the British version sure, but its not nearly as funny to me. Ricky Gervais carried the show.....he was the only funny person to me. The US version hasnumerous funny characters that dont rely simply on Steve Carell

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

false
indifferent.gif

The British version is so far ahead of the American version, it shouldn't even be compared to the trash here in the US.

lies

SO WHY DID YOU POST THIS IF HES REALLY NOT LEAVING?

I can appreciate someone who appreciates the UK version, but I swear dudes LOVVVVVE to say the UK version is better just to sound "smarter".

I live in the US tho so I can care less for the UK version.

US > UK. UK > US.

Who cares really? Like really.

It's a good show and I enjoy it.

It's not really meant to be an exact replica of the British version. The overall concept is the only thing that's really been carried over.

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

This is why the American version is so much worse than the British version.� 6 episode arc? Weak.� The heightened realism of the British version is what made it so devastatingly beautiful and real.
http://www.youtube.com/v/FfjZ3NKt2o0&hl=en&fs=1
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

Dudes love to go against the grain.

-The Juice

It's not going against the grain to like the original.

I can appreciate someone who appreciates the UK version, but I swear dudes LOVVVVVE to say the UK version is better just to sound "smarter".

You really don't know what you are talking about.� Maybe people say the UK version is better because it is.� It has nothing to do with sounding smarter. IThas to do� with what you expect out of a comedy. The UK version is more well written, more dramatic, more realistic, and the acting is infinitely better.

he may be my least favorite character, i tend to fast forward through episodes that focus specfically on him unless dwights with him for the most part but theyneed to keep him so he balance out the show cause id hate it if the show started to revolve around jim, he's a great character but he's not that great,i dont know if i could watch a show focusing on dwight either even though hes the best character

I never even watched the US version but the UK version was very good. I like Gervais. Extras was good also.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

false
indifferent.gif

Nah. It's a difference of opinion. I watched the UK version first and prefer the US version. I like the larger emphasis on characters andpersonal stories, etc..

Back
Top Bottom