Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dudes been to one conference final

What exactly has he proven besides being notorious for running players into the ground?
Look what he did for Jimmy, Taj and Noah at one time. Look at what he did for them soft *** twolves and what happened when he left. Stop thinking if a coach doesn’t win a championship he’s not good. What has Atkinson done if that’s the case or any other coach we looked at that hasn’t been to the Finals. It’s Rare to get to the Finals now without multiple superstars/stars.

I’m shocked people still care about who we hire. We hire a new HC like every other year, I feel nothing. This team is cursed, we could hire Pop and still wouldn’t win more than 30 games.

I don’t want Woodson, I still blame him for that playoff series loss against Indiana. We should have won that series, he ****ed up.

I probably would have took Kidd because I feel like he’s a big part of why we were so good a few years ago. Seemed like a player coach.

It’s funny we all wanted Thibbs so bad when he left Chicago. Now everyone is like ehhhhh.

**** Atkinson, I want nothing tainted by the Nets. **** em

Remind me of a young player Thibs has ever developed by getting them PT?

He doesn’t play young guys exclusively the problem is he has his guys he trusts and doesn’t stray far from it

You really think Randle ain’t about to get 37mpg next season?
Foolish
Isn’t that what any coach was supposed to do with those Bulls and Twolves teams,Play guys he trusts to win? You had number 1 picks on both teams That were sure things and the Wolves had 2 number 1 picks, I would think any coach or owner would have the mindset of “Let’s play who you trust to win”.

Y’all hate every coach hire :rofl:
Facts. I can see it now. Frank getting 30 minutes a game like everyone’s wanted for the past 3 years but as soon as he gets hurt they will blame Thibs and say “why was Thibs playing him 30 minutes a game and running him into the ground”. Cats just to soft and sensitive now.

Hire doesn't bother me, I'm more intrigued about what next year's roster will look like because of his hiring.

who would you have like to see if you don’t mind me asking?
Atkinson

He’s a young coach who understands today’s player culture and knows how to coach them

He’s a culture setter who knows how to develop talent with smart coaching

Nets had no business making the playoffs last year and Russell had no business being an all star either

Atkinson

He’s a young coach who understands today’s player culture and knows how to coach them

He’s a culture setter who knows how to develop talent with smart coaching

Nets had no business making the playoffs last year and Russell had no business being an all star either
He went 42-40 in a weak East and DLO was the number 2 pick in his 3rd or 4th year on a team where he was finally the number 1 option so of course his stats are going to go up unless he’s a complete bum.

I think we all saw this coming.

Preferred Atkinson since he knew how to get the most out of less talented guys beyond playing hard but Thibs will force them to show effort and teach them how to defend. Certain guys like RJ and Frank will probably benefit from Thibs being around but long term their bodies are going to turn into mush. His three most depended on players wore down quicker than usual and I do think that's a cause for concern.

Wonder who is getting put on the trading block.

Again Which Rookie or 2nd year player did Atkinson unlock on this roster since we saying Thibs doesn’t. Arguably Allen. Levert in his 3rd year, DLo 4th, Dinwiddie 5th, Harris 5th, Jefferson 4th.
A9CF1D80-B7E8-4762-A1BA-D29DCCDA634A.jpeg

Again Which Rookie or 2nd year player did Atkinson unlock on this roster since we saying Thibs doesn’t. Arguably Allen. Levert in his 3rd year, DLo 4th, Dinwiddie 5th, Harris 5th, Jefferson 4th.
A9CF1D80-B7E8-4762-A1BA-D29DCCDA634A.jpeg
What year you’re in doesn't matter in the slightest

Allen, Levert and Dinwiddie all improved significantly under him

Don’t think that’s coincidence

Back
Top Bottom