The official '20 NYK thread, Nate jersey retired

Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i wouldnt mind booker on this team... this team needs good consistent players and not rely on someone like randle smh...but isnt booker the same type of player as melo whos just a "scorer" which some people here were never a fan of...i dont think its a realistic trade anyway we just dont have the assets to get it done unless draft pics is something phoenix will take...on another note i am curious who we draft even though that feels like forever from now... still hope we hire atkinson as well

Last edited:
LaMelo can technically force his way here due to the fact he plays professionally in Australia.

All he has to do is say he's not gonna come over due to contractual obligations if another team drafts him

I don't think anyone wants to be a Knick that bad but he does have some leversge

Figured what better time to join the delusional Knicks fanbase instead of being in the grumpy section and it’s actually less stressful. Seeing these two in the backcourt next year would be the first time I’ve been this excited since Kidd was running PG for us.

73126454-55A6-470A-838D-C5214926C6A4.jpeg

And like what was mentioned with 24/7 ISO’s, they really need to bring in that Vet who can mentor these two. Vince Carter hasn’t been on the Knicks yet, right?:lol:

I think I'm coming around on Thibs as HC.

The young players could use a hard *** coach instead of a friend like Fizdale.
Could go either way, Thibbs gotta adjust his approach a bit to the new young cats...Don’t wanna come in guns blazing on that “old school tough” ****, the players these days reject that off top especially if they switching from a “players coach”

Could go either way, Thibbs gotta adjust his approach a bit to the new young cats...Don’t wanna come in guns blazing on that “old school tough” ****, the players these days reject that off top especially if they switching from a “players coach”

That's why you need that Vet to help keep these young cats ego's in check and to help drive home what the coach is trying to do and vice versa. All these young guys and Tom is just a lot of headbutting waiting to happen.

Did the Timberwolves record get better after Thibs? Not that I want him but the wolves issue is roster related than coaching in my opinion.

Did the Timberwolves record get better after Thibs? Not that I want him but the wolves issue is roster related than coaching in my opinion.
I’ll give credit where it’s due he got that team to their first playoff series since ‘05 but in general he just seems to me like an “old head set in his ways” type coach that insists his style can lead to success which is the exact type of coach we’ve been hiring for the longest with no success

And there’s just far better/progressive candidates out there imo

I’ll give credit where it’s due he got that team to their first playoff series since ‘05 but in general he just seems to me like an “old head set in his ways” type coach that insists his style can lead to success which is the exact type of coach we’ve been hiring for the longest with no success

And there’s just far better/progressive candidates out there imo
Oh I agree 💯, just to much thibs hate that I don't believe is entirely warranted. In want Kenny our some young up and coming coach. Tired of old retreads.

I mean our roster isn’t that great either. But I think most coaches would succeed with a defensive center, wing, and MVP point guard.

If we can land Ball, that’s a potentially nice core with RJ & Mitch. With that said, we’ll probably be bad a couple more seasons so just who exactly is our next coach, won’t matter.

was reading that dotson will most likely not be a part of the team going forward. i like that guy. might not be the right fit with this team going forward (who is), but think he has good court vision and ball handling

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom