The official '20 NYK thread, Nate jersey retired

Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes. Especially when it comes to bigs. NBA teams want defense. Bigs that can switch, play defense. If they can shoot then it's literally the cherry on top to what moves the needle to win basketball games.

Just look at all the star bigs in todays NBA that contributed to winning basketball. Embiid, AD, Gobert, Bam, Giannis since he's a 4/5, KP.

Outside of Jokic who's an outlier, every good team had a big that plays defense/switches.

You're naming players (Iggy, Quickley, Powell) that will not be getting playing time unless its a blowout.

Powell is not even signed. I think its a training camp invite. Probably play on the G League roster.
If Iggy, and Quickly dont get no minutes as the team is currently constructed, then we have a big ****ing problem.

Powell probably smoke the G league and gets a called up (but that's speculation). Dude was projected 2nd round.

At the end of the day, IDGF ... im good with what we have. Its time to see what we have whether we win or lose let them play. Time to put this **** to an end.

Why do you think teams are going crazy for the 2023 draft when high schoolers are eligible? It's a bit easier to groom and fully develop the 18/19/20 year olds to reach their potential.

Honestly off top, outside of Curry, Lillard, and Kemba I cant think of one player drafted over 21 years old thats an all star now. I'm sure there are a handful more. Definitely none in the lottery though.

22yr old late Bloomer dominating in College or 19 yr old project who hasn’t really dominated anywhere. Who you picking?

Why do you think teams are going crazy for the 2023 draft when high schoolers are eligible? It's a bit easier to groom and fully develop the 18/19/20 year olds to reach their potential.

Honestly off top, outside of Curry, Lillard, and Kemba I cant think of one player drafted over 21 years old thats an all star now. I'm sure there are a handful more. Definitely none in the lottery though.
Bro .. it sounds like you just started watching basketball. It's a fad and everyone wants the opportunity to draft the next Lebron.

Drafting HS is nothing new. Actually most of the HS drafted prior to Lebron were bust because they couldn't compete and they were hard to develop the fundamentals needed in the NBA.

Furthermore, going to the right program under the right coach gor 3 to 4 years was the easiest ticket to the NBA.

But yeah .... i guess Im making this **** up.

Last edited:
Wait, so Obi has a high likelihood of being a bust because he was 22 and bigger than 18/19 year old defenders, but Zion had superstar written all over him when he was dominating 18/19 year old defenders due to him being so much bigger than most of them? Zion was recruited as the top prospect out of HS and dude was bodying 5'7 white kids.

Some dudes in here have the polar opposite view on drafting and development of literally every single GM, scout and analyst in the league and still think they right :lol:
Tell me 1 GM, Scout or Analyst that said a 22 yr old rookie won’t ever be as good as a 19 yr old rookie when everything is all said and done.

In what sport do players develop in a constant losing situation? Good players on losers force themselves out to play for a winner. I want the youth to get big minutes but there has to be some true veteran leadership that cant be provided by some journeyman.

dudes really think we're gonna keep banking cap space until the miraculous season where we sign an elite PG and elite SG that wanna join the 20-62 Knicks.

Seems like a weird fetish that teams and people are infatuated with grooming teens. Like at the end of the day they can say “ we made him who he is” type of weird.

We're gonna let Frank develop into a 6ppg 3apg starter and DSJ gonna come off the bench and go 1 for 8 from the field
As you googled, Frank is already a 6/3 on 20 minutes with none shooters and no offense.

So maybe mow he can become a 13/7/4 and Ill take that.

DSJr .. I don't know. As much as we want to **** on him, Fultz is coming around. But yeah.

Back
Top Bottom