|||--- The Official 2009 NHL TRADE DEADLINE THREAD......Deadline= Wednesday Mar. 4 ---|||

My favorite time of the year, luckily I'm not working Wednesday
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Word around the office here in Phoenix is that Derek Morris is going to Boston, Reinprecht and Jokinen also will be dealt.
eyes.gif

indifferent.gif
MAN!...Nobody cares about the NHL!....go to Canada forum withthis nonsense!

Just kidding
wink.gif
but I dont know I used to like hockey but once I was inCanada for bit I started to hate it because its on TSN so much kinda like the NFL on ESPN. But I'm sure they'll be ton of trades there always is theNHL.

^Boston seems to be in a lot of these rumors, wonder what they'll end up doing.
The Atlanta Thrashers have traded defenceman Niclas Havelid to the New Jersey Devils in exchange for blueliner Annsi Salmela.

Expected Buyers/Sellers (IMO)

Buyers:
Montreal Canadiens
Boston Bruins
Calgary Flames
Buffalo Sabres
Carolina Hurricanes
Chicago Blackhawks
New Jersey Devils
New York Rangers
Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins
Washington Capitals
Vancouver Canucks

Sellers:
Anaheim Ducks
Atlanta Thrashers
Colorado Avalanche
Minnesota Wild
Toronto Maple Leafs

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

I was gonna make this thread tonight CQuan... lol
My bad homie! I know you usually get this thread going, but ah well. You can takeover this ishh
laugh.gif

i want Pronger instead of JBO
ohwell.gif
from the reports, florida is asking fora high price (they want either JvR or Giroux
smh.gif
)....

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

ohwell.gif
from the reports, florida is asking for a high price (they want either JvR or Giroux
smh.gif
)....
Bouwmeester is definitely worth a lot. Dude is only 25 and will be one of the premiere defenceman in the league for years to come. In order to getsomeone of his caliber, you're definitely going to have to give up multiple top prospects etc etc.

Originally Posted by cquan05

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

ohwell.gif
from the reports, florida is asking for a high price (they want either JvR or Giroux
smh.gif
)....
Bouwmeester is definitely worth a lot. Dude is only 25 and will be one of the premiere defenceman in the league for years to come. In order to get someone of his caliber, you're definitely going to have to give up multiple top prospects etc etc.

he's a rental though
ohwell.gif
if we can somehow sign him, i'm forit...

i think Giroux is going to be a future all-star so i don't want to give him up
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

Word around the office here in Phoenix is that Derek Morris is going to Boston, Reinprecht and Jokinen also will be dealt.
eyes.gif

what is it gonna take to get Reinprecht out of Phoenix, i think he'd be a great addition to any playoff team.

I thought Havelid was gonna go for at least a third rounder + a crappy prospect, maybe Reinprecht can be accquired for cheap

Originally Posted by cquan05

The Atlanta Thrashers have traded defenceman Niclas Havelid to the New Jersey Devils in exchange for blueliner Annsi Salmela.

This will be huge for the Devils. They were looking for a defenseman and they got a SOLID player in Havelid for almost nothing (Salmela). Salmela was a decentprospect with upside but all he could do in his position is try to score, he was a huge liability defensively. So we give up an AHL player who wouldn't fitinto the Devils system unless he learned how to play D for a very good defenseman. Their defensive pairings right now would be Martin-Oduya, Havelid-Salvador,and White-Mottau. Look for Andy Greene to be dealt next for NJ.

I just watched TSN Sportscentre, they spent the first 20 minutes talking about deadline day
sick.gif

25 trades per deadline day, only like 5 of them are meaningul
laugh.gif
smh.gif

From my experience watching it back in high school, TSN's coverage is the best. They usually get the info first and most of their pre-deadline daypredictions are pretty accurate. Sportsnet really does not have anything new to add. The Score are usually the last ones to receive any info, but the viewerinteraction makes their programming more unique and enjoyable than Sportsnet.

as ive said before...kessel, krejci, and/or lucic better NOT be on the move

Originally Posted by Numberr97

dallas better be a buyer hopefully land a goal scorer and a healthy experienced d man.

We really need a defenseman but I think if we make a move it will not be a major one

Back
Top Bottom