THE OFFICIAL 2023 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Cowboys Gonna Cowboy

New deal for Lawrence.

3/$30m

Fully guaranteed, but opens up an immediate $10m in space.

They’re gonna have room to make some moves with the Collins stuff getting figured out.

Randy Gregory signing with Denver...

Feels like a really bad personal decision given his history/addiction issues.

What did randy just do ?
Committed to cowboys, someone that wasn’t Jerry came back with some language that protected the team in case he fell off the wagon so he committed to Denver.

Local media says Jerry had nothing to do with the protection language and is livid. :lol:

So basically our usually dysfunctional “who’s in charge here” ****.

Committed to cowboys, someone that wasn’t Jerry came back with some language that protected the team in case he fell off the wagon so he committed to Denver.

Local media says Jerry had nothing to do with the protection language and is livid. :lol:

So basically our usually dysfunctional “who’s in charge here” ****.
So they saved Jerry from himself

It’s pass rushers on the market right now and I like the young rotation. We just don’t have anyone elite as a full time De

So they saved Jerry from himself

It’s pass rushers on the market right now and I like the young rotation. We just don’t have anyone elite as a full time De
5/$70m for Randy feels a little silly. He's played one full season and has addiction issues. And he was good, but largely not great.

Losing him hurts but hard to look at it and be that upset given everything.

Peace Gregory… another blessing to get rid of lol

If cowboys scout well we can easily replace him through the draft…hell just sign any SEC lineman available.

Peace Gregory… another blessing to get rid of lol

If cowboys scout well we can easily replace him through the draft…hell just sign any SEC lineman available.

He is not a bum. I was just done with him after going Mia in the playoffs and causing so many flags among other things

Take this with a grain of salt but Von Miller has strong interest in joining the boys. I know he's from Dallas so I can see why.

There’s only so much “addition by subtraction” you can do.

Would have been elated had they not goofed and put in language no other teams use. Gregory as a 3rd pass rusher would have meant the world especially after DLaw sacrificed to make the room.

Last edited:
I think they can relatively easily replace Gregory's production for less money.

Maybe not the ceiling if he reached it, but just in terms of what you can reliably count on, I don't think that's a huge whiff.

I get being irritated with the Cooper move. But aside from that, I just don't see what we're all that unhappy about at this point.

I’m unhappy because they are making cost cutting moves without the moves behind it to justify the cost cutting.

1/3 of the top 100 already signed. And Cowboys never are players in Free Agency. They bargain hunt when it comes to acquiring talent

Letting go of Cooper and La’el create holes that were not there.
Gregory, you could replace, sure, but you could have also kept him, and he wanted to stay before he felt disrespected about the contract clause that only a few teams use. Now you have another spot to fill that wasn’t there a week ago.

Not to mention we have our QB. Go all in. Don’t punt years. Because Dak could always decide he wants to split when he gets the chance. If we didn’t have a QB, and had a stopgap I’d understand. But when you give Dak franchise money, you have to go all in every year.

If they can bring in Von. And sure up the other spots where I’m iffy about the defense.
I can have some hope going into the draft.
Because you can find 3 quality starters and depth.
My biggest issue is they are taking huge risks, and in my opinion dumb risks that are not even necessary in the path they want to take. When other “cap hell” teams are not making big cost cutting measures right now.

If they can bring in Von. And sure up the other spots where I’m iffy about the defense.
I can have some hope going into the draft.
Because you can find 3 quality starters and depth.
My biggest issue is they are taking huge risks, and in my opinion dumb risks that are not even necessary in the path they want to take. When other “cap hell” teams are not making big cost cutting measures right now.

all this to choke in the playoffs still.

all this to choke in the playoffs still.

Yeah. Probably.

They get the benefit by being out inepted by the other NFC East

It’s just frustrating because it’s year after year where they seem to be playing a different game in the off-season, and it’s not one they’re particularly good at.

this team is a joke man…just an unserious team…

amari deal…the gregory contract…embarrassing…

von gone
zadaryius smith gone
chandler jones gone

silly mfs i tell you

Back
Top Bottom