The official '20 NYK thread, Nate jersey retired

Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really like what I saw from Knox tonight and hope he gets a good workload this season

The way he was going up to basket is night and day compared to last year

A lot more under control and the strength he gained is helping a lot

Yeah I’m good on Fiz. No offense scheme...still. We can’t make a 3 and we can’t defend the 3. RJ looked good. Knox too. We need a PG.
These are kind of all talent issues though right? Aside from defending the 3. Not necessarily defending Fitz but it’s got to be hard to run an offense with these PGs to your point. And we don’t have shooters right now either.

Well aside from my boy Knox who needs to get PT

Players arent gonna get consistent minutes, not enough to go around. Kinda ****s with you mentally as a player. This has the potential to be a **** show.
Which is why I'm changing my tune for most of these signings. I'd rather throw RJ/Knox/Mitch out there as full time starters and let them take their lumps with consistent starter minutes and rotations.

Our priority the next couple seasons needs to be finding a franchise PG.

Which is why I'm changing my tune for most of these signings. I'd rather throw RJ/Knox/Mitch out there as full time starters and let them take their lumps with consistent starter minutes and rotations.

Our priority the next couple seasons needs to be finding a franchise PG.

Agreed on all counts.

Which is why I really didnt mind overpaying Kemba. Its very hard to find a franchise point guard. Most of them are drafted in the top 7. In 30+ years we’ve only had what 3 top 7 picks?

Which is why I really didnt mind overpaying Kemba. Its very hard to find a franchise point guard. Most of them are drafted in the top 7. In 30+ years we’ve only had what 3 top 7 picks?

Yeah but that's because we stupidly kept trading our firsts we would've had at least 15 :lol:.

We aren't doing that anymore so we'll have some good shots at picking up guys in the draft. Kemba's too old for this team right now.

True. I really wanna see Frank - RJ - Knox in extended minutes. There was a spark when they shared the floor in limited minutes during the preseason.

Despite how trash he’s been, Id be shocked if Elfrid doesn’t start though. I feel like there was no reason for him to get signed to be benched. Plus there’s too much Scott Perry influence in this signing. This is more than about basketball. We love giving players who won’t be here long term more chances than the prospects we’ve heavily invested in.

this season's gonnna be a lot tougher than it needs to be if fizdle doesn't have a grip on his player's strengths and weaknesses by now. rotations need to be narrowed down. no more experimentation

So what's the starting lineup gonna be fellas?

I been hype on DSJr and his development all summer. Between his back injury and how trash he looked the last 2 preseason games, I'm low-key pissed. I wanted to see some promise and he showed me absolutely nothing. I do not want Elfrid as our starter. I guess that means I wanna start the year with Frank???

Frank
RJ
Morris (I really want Knox here but maybe he needs to earn his starting spot?)
Randle
Mitch

Last edited:
I'm good on Frank and extended minutes. My heart can't take it. I don't even wanna get rid of him. He can be that X factor off the bench some day. Feels like Fiz is gonna bury Iggy on the bench with this "depth."

The whole earning your starting spot sounds great if this was a winning franchise and we got a long time starter headed out the door. Let's not forget we went to plan C for our free agents. Ideally, they'd be the ones coming off the bench.

And I'll say it again. This team won't look complete without an upper echelon PG. Don't think RJ could handle that, but he's already our best PG and he's not a PG .

Last edited:
ya I was going to pull the trigger on an rj jersey to wear for the Celtics game on Saturday especially since it was 30% off... but passed cuz I like those new jerseys instead and will cop the rj when it releases....I saw the Knox one at champs and it's fire... I'll just wear my Stark's or Ewing jersey

Ideal starting lineup would be

Frank
RJ
Knox
Randle
Mitch

Rest of the depth chart should be
DSJr/Payton
Trier/Iggy
Dotson/Morris
Portis
Gibson

Last edited:
Still missing Marcus Morris lol. There’s too much unecessary depth for a team that’s not even a playoff contender.

Whichever vet plays the best gets traded to a playoff team for (insert realistic return here).

Back
Top Bottom