The official 2019-2020 NY knicks regular season thread

Joined Jan 1, 2014
Plus they’d rather have 78 games played a year from scrubs versus 65 games played a year from a superstar because he’s not worth it because he’s always hurt.

Joined Apr 14, 2016
Look, all I’m saying is that Frank is gonna be a better version of Steve Nash once he turns the corner

Joined Jul 13, 2005
Julius Randle and Frank :lol:

Detroit is one of the worst run organizations. We'd be dumb af to give them any value at all. Scott Perry likes doing favors though so wouldnt be surprised.

Joined Aug 10, 2003
Kinda pointless to have Drummond since we have Mitch already who plays the same position....if it’s for dsjr and randle I’d do it...not a fan of randle and his contract

Joined Jan 1, 2014
Gaines was essentially saying if they did get Drummond why not Dangle Mitch and other assets for a player like DLO? And

Joined Jun 15, 2013
That’s a perfect scenario, it worked with the Clippers but I can’t think of another time it happened like that and if Washington says no then you have no Stars and are a bottom feeder again.
That was just a scenario....

The point is that if we have all our assets going into FA, and we can entice a big free agent, we would have enough to put a legit package for a disgruntled AS.

I mean, take for example GS, which is going to be cap strap and really cant signed anyone, and they are going to be good again for a few years when Klay and Curry come back. You can throw a few picks and players for Dlo .... can this work who knows ... its just different scenerios.

But let's run it back ... about those picks.

Boston and Philly have done it with draft picks .. just saying.

Joined Jul 13, 2005
Lets see what our draft position is first before we start moving our biggest assets in RJ or Mitch. That pick is probably more valuable anyway.

Also Randle will make 60 mill compared to Drummonds 150 mill. No thanks.

Joined Aug 10, 2003
unless we getting a all star back no need to even think about trading mitch or RJ... i like KAT but trading either mitch or rj or both for him would be dumb... hes a really good player and i would be hyped to have him here but hes not going to make your team better... look at him on the wolves... i rather roll the dice with the young guys here and try to draft wisely...

Mark Antony

Supporter
Joined Apr 30, 2010
Julius Randle and Frank :lol:

Detroit is one of the worst run organizations. We'd be dumb af to give them any value at all. Scott Perry likes doing favors though so wouldnt be surprised.
Man if you still ask for favors from us in our current state you a wild piece of ****.

Joined Dec 7, 2006
Drummond is not getting us another AS. My issue with trading our picks/young guys is that no one of REAL value is actually available. Beal, KAT, and Drummond aren’t turning this franchise around. It’s not like Giannis, AD, or Embiid are being dangled. These are pointless trades.

Joined Aug 10, 2003
^ we need a pg... id trade everyone including first round picks for D-Lo but mitch and rj are off the table

Joined Dec 7, 2006
^ we need a pg... id trade everyone including first round picks for D-Lo but mitch and rj are off the table
exactly. Unless it’s DLo or another tier 1-2 pg, than no thanks. These trades would be lateral moves. Acquire Drummond and do what? Maybe win 4 more games than our current pace. Acquire Beal, maybe win 6 more games than our pace. None of the available AS or fringe AS guys are getting this current roster to the playoffs.

Joined Apr 14, 2016
Why ya hate Drummond so much ? lol Dude is a rebounding defensive machine though ?
Yeah when he’s actually trying
Dude has an effort problem

Plus, he’s a traditional center which we already have in Mitch

Not the type of player you wanna pay big money or give up assets for in today’s NBA

Top Bottom