The official '20 NYK thread, Nate jersey retired

Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I only caught the second half. They did play some decent defense. Offense sure to be below average though.

Preseason or not the offense still seems to lack fluidity, not enough off ball motion especially with the lack of three point shooting the team is currently displaying.
yea but using the preseason to say we’re gonna be another lottery team is funny. We usually know by like game 10 :lol:

PRobably the most diaheartening aspect is the offense. Complete and utter lack of 3 pt shooting. Heavy midrange isos. no dribble penetration. No screens and cuts.

Yeah its preseason, but this is when you try and implement things. theres only 4 games preseason so the last two might as well be considered a real dress rehearsal.

Seems to be nothing new added, and both teams had their starters in at the end , not like the G league squad was in- altho for us it might as well have been.

Rotations are gonna be brutal this season. Good luck to fiz man thats why he gets paid but damn if i dont see any type of offensive flow Ima be upset cause quite frankly im tired of seeing the same lame basketball.

Personnel is definitely a factor but thats when coaching comes in. our guard play might be lacking but that deficiency allows you to be creative .

So far we’ve seen TONS of entry passes into taj, randle and morris, to post up and fadeaway. Probably the most consistent play we got.

You serious ?lol

All im saying Is I want to see different offensive strokes. Son is painting in black and white, lets see some color.

And like someone said, its preseason for everyone else too, they got new players and they dont look nearly as stagnant and out of riddim as these - Bums- look.

But il l give it some time before we really go off. And then u have to consider that rotations will have to be worked on - so maybe 20 games in before we see ANY type of consistency ... damn man.

33468D8C-F323-476C-BF64-E6C80B3F0DC5.jpeg

Knicks fans are something else.

Why do y'all do this to yourselves every year. The team is going to be what it's going to be. It's a messy hodgepodge of pieces. We got gluts at multiple positions mainly because we don't know who most of these players are and how they fit on a winning team.

I personally expect 30 wins max, but if we win 20 I wouldn't be surprised. This roster is trash as far as actual production goes. 80% of the roster is potential. 80% of the roster I don't expect to be here if/when we turn it around.

I'll be honest, I forgot how good a defender Frank is.:lol:

Fiz lucky af he had Wade, Bron, Bosh and prime Conley, Zbo, Conley. The writing was on the wall that he’s just not a Xs and Os guy. Probably not surprising they signed 3 iso guys.

So basically just watch and make no opinion about what you see, lol. What I've seen is what I expected but hoped it wouldn't be that way. Opinions are subject to change and really there's not much difference in "30 wins max" and "looks like another lottery season" :lol:

Last edited:
Right, which is why my expectations are low and I'm not up in arms about the last couple of games.

We do this dance every year though. :lol:

Opinions are opinions so of course you can form one, but using a sample of two preseason games from a team that everyone expects to be trash?

I've taken a few steps back from the Knicks in the last few years. I don't expect anything from them anymore, and maybe that's the disconnect. All I want to see is some progress and setting a more concrete rotation this season.

On a side note, Reddish jumper was looking very silky last night. seems like a different player than his Duke days.

Back
Top Bottom