THE OFFICIAL 2023 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Cowboys Gonna Cowboy

Linehan gotta go since JG ain't getting canned. That was embarrassing run defense :smh:

Last edited:
Pretty much focus entirely on defense.

- Cut Lee, Crawford, Hurns & TWill. That’s our 5th, 6th, 10th & 11th Highest paid players. That $21mil in savings allows us to re-sign DLaw
- Trade Connor Williams for a mid round pick use it on defense.
- Need a Pass Rusher opposite DLaw
- Need a big presence in Run Defense
- Replace the Safeties
- LB Depth

On offense:
- Re-sign Cole
- LG
- Find a cure for whatever TFred has
- KR / PR

Nah nah nah

What we ain’t gonna do is act like Dak ain’t do no wrong here

Outside of that first drive he was his regular dumpster juice self

Overthrowing guys left and right, missing wide open receivers, and would’ve had 2 picks had the balls not been dropped

Outside of that we overachieved this season and I can’t be too mad the outcome

Byron Jones was buns all game

No idea why Sean Lee was in so much either

Defense didn’t play to the standard I got used to but they’re really young and excited for the growth

Nah nah nah

What we ain’t gonna do is act like Dak ain’t do no wrong here

Outside of that first drive he was his regular dumpster juice self

Overthrowing guys left and right, missing wide open receivers, and would’ve had 2 picks had the balls not been dropped

Rams had the ball 36 minutes. Ran it for 250 yards.

Zeke ran 20 times for 47 yards. That’s with a 15 yard run. Without that 15 yard run 19 carries 32 yards.

Defense only got 1 stop the entire game. 2 if you count a prayer kick at the end of the half.

He wasn’t perfect, but he’s the reason we ended up with 22 points, and not 0.

yeah invest heavily in the D, interior DT, safety, LB depth etc...

thought we were a 7-9 team at best so a division title and playoff win has me content

that 4th and 1 and Bryon Jones penalties were the biggest swings of the game... we coulda had this one

anyways bout to drown in some Henny and try not to fight belligerent Rams fans here lol

JG and Dak are staying put no matter how much fans loathe them. Let's see what Dak can do with a new OC. Linehan gotta go. That 4th and 1 play :smh::sick:

Do ya'll think Dak had a chance to audible that 4th and 1?

I mean the Rams D has Donald and Suh ... They were completely selling out ...

That and the Byron Jones hands to the face call just ended our season ...

let's not kid ourselves many drives Dak missed wide open guys I clearly remember one to Beas he missed

Last edited:
I’d fire both coordinators, honestly.

People are looking at Richard as a HC candidate and Marinelli’s defense hasn’t been that good. We have to be the most conservative team in the NFL on both sides of the football.

Garrett needs an OC with a little bit of a gunslinger mindset. Ultra-aggressive so they kinda pull each other to the middle.

Sign Earl. Draft OL and a more dynamic pass catching TE. Draft DL.

We don’t need a ton. But a new dynamic is necessary. Have to be more aggressive on both sides of the football.

Why was sen lee on the damn field so much Last night? To many stupid mistakes yesterday

The offense staff has to go... dak has showed he can be a qb in this league just get him better coaching. Amar was open all night and they where not throwing his way

Rod Marinelli Can go also 2:11 left with 2 time outs defense has to get a stop

tank let a 37 year old linemen lock his *** up

Are Dak’s consistency issues fixable? I just don’t know.

The obvious route to figuring that out is a new OC/QB coach. But I still don’t know if he can play at a high enough level to win without everything else around him being damn near perfect.

What I want on the offensive side:

Ironically since we added Amari, huge concerns on the offense, now are just filling holes, and finding players with archetypes that we don't really have currently on the roster

But first and foremost, need to great rid of Linehan and get an OC that will utilize Dak's roll out ability. Get Zeke running routes out of the backfield, can come up with coherent schemes in the red zone, and will stop calling 3rd & 20 screen passes:

QB: Dak Prescott / Cooper Rush / Mike White
RB: Ezekiel Elliot / Need a Lance Dunbar type RB / Rod Smith (1 year / $750K)
FB: Jamize Olawale (1 year deal)
WR: Amari Cooper / Michael Gallup / Cole Beasley (3 year / $17mil) / A Tall WR or a Tavon Austin type who can field Punts / Noah Brown / Cedrick Wilson
TE: Blake Jarwin / Dalton Shultz / Rico Gathers (or another project TE)
LT: Tyron Smith / Over Pay a veteran backup on a 1 year deal
LG: Draft / Veteran Free Agent
C: Travis Frederick / Joe Looney
RG: Zack Martin / Adam Redmond
RT: La'el Collins
Long Snapper: LP LaDouceur (1 year / $1.2mil)
K: Brett Maher

-Lance Dunbar was a quick RB who could catch out of the backfield as well, need someone like that again
-Rod Smith isn't bad, but he's not great either, might partially be that unless Zeke is out for a game, he runs the ball 2-3 times maximum. But he's Jaylon Smith's brother, and he can be kept for cheap, might as well
-Don't care enough about FB to research, so why not on Olawale :lol:
-Amendola got 2 year $12mil (6 mil guaranteed) at age 32 & Edelman got 2 year / $11mil (7 mil guaranteed) at age 31. Cole likely gets an extra year. Maybe $10-13mil guaranteed. Cole was still really good, 60+ catches hasn't really regressed from 2014-2016 where he was at his best
-As a 4th WR, we need something that can be helpful, our Red Zone efficiency/play calling stinks, a big bodied WR could be of benefit.... If we went for a Tavon Austin prototype instead late in the draft, I'd be okay with that too because we need a Punt Returner (Cole Beasley averaged 5.5 yards per Punt Return :lol: )
- We need a LT who has experience just in case Tyron gets injured. Last two years when Tyron got hurt we were awful
- Connor Williams & Su'a-Filo were not the answer. I'd try to trade Connor for a mid-rounder or make him a backup. And try to find a new starting LG & need another veteran just in case at the guard spot
- LP LaDouceur is only a Long Snapper, but he's really good at his job. He's played 14 seasons, and if not for a ridiculous penalty vs the Racial Slurs, he'd be perfect without a single botched snap to the holder.

Going: Geoff Swaim, Allen Hurns, Terrance Williams, Xavier Su'a-Filo

Last edited:
Front office is not giving up on Connor willams after 1 season and trading him get real.. even more so with the ol looking shaky all year.. his problems can be fix... guys also have to get healthy again .

What we do need is a back up rb rod smith sucks. He just runs up the middle with his head down. He still has that full back mind set

Get Jeff heath off the ****ing team plz

Are Dak’s consistency issues fixable? I just don’t know.

The obvious route to figuring that out is a new OC/QB coach. But I still don’t know if he can play at a high enough level to win without everything else around him being damn near perfect.

Look at the qb play in the nfl and dak is not the worse but some of these guys have great coaching around them to cover there flaws up

it took these fools 3 years to start throwing zeke the ball and all year to start using the TE’s
Same coaching staff throwing jump ball’s to Michael gulluap and not coop. They called on for rico early in the year

I just don't understand anyone who says we need a TE in the draft ... I've seen all mocks list TE as an immediate need ... We have 4 of them and all have shown flashes ... Jarwin needs to be starting with Rico getting more involved ...

We need an offensive coordinator that protects Dak like Goff was protected ... Run with purpose and throw with little variability ... AND GOT DAMN IT ****ING RUN SPRINT OUTS WITH DAK ...

Fire the OC ...

Sign Earl for a hometown discount ...

Put a damn tent in the weight room for
Conor Williams to sleep in and spend every waking moment getting bigger and stronger ...

Sign D Law if he factors in the ghosting yesterday - he is not Von Miller and shouldnt get a contract similar ...

Offense:

QB - Dak on a Tom Brady like contract
RB - Zeke and need to add a Chris Thompson change of pace; keep Smith to do what he did this year
TE - Jarwin and Gathers and Schultz
LT - Ty and a Free Agent
LG - Williams and Looney and FA / Draft
C - Pray for T Fed and Looney if not
RG - Zach
RT - La'el or Ty if we find a gem at LT in Draft or FA
WR - Amari, Gallup, Cole on a 3 year deal for about 14 milli, Noah and Tayvon / PR

The defense is less variable ... Most will ne back ... Bit I NEED a safety that can run and read a play ... I would prefer we get a Corner and kick Byron to Safety ... We need a DT and an edge rusher, especially if D Law walks ...

I love how the rams use Robert woods. That needs to incorporated into the offense for cole and Gallup.

I just don't understand anyone who says we need a TE in the draft ... I've seen all mocks list TE as an immediate need ... We have 4 of them and all have shown flashes ... Jarwin needs to be starting with Rico getting more involved ...

Sign D Law if he factors in the ghosting yesterday - he is not Von Miller and shouldnt get a contract similar ...

The defense is less variable ... Most will ne back ... Bit I NEED a safety that can run and read a play ... I would prefer we get a Corner and kick Byron to Safety ... We need a DT and an edge rusher, especially if D Law walks ...

With the exception of the last 4 games, Byron Jones was one of the best coverage corners in the league. He doesn’t need to go back to safety. He struggled last few weeks, we also didn’t get a lot of pressure either.

Also DLaw deserves a huge contract.

Also unless there’s an undeniable talent at TE available and not having our 1st, I doubt we go TE at all. I think the Rico experiment may be over. But Jarwin looks good.

With the exception of the last 4 games, Byron Jones was one of the best coverage corners in the league. He doesn’t need to go back to safety. He struggled last few weeks, we also didn’t get a lot of pressure either.

Also DLaw deserves a huge contract.

Also unless there’s an undeniable talent at TE available and not having our 1st, I doubt we go TE at all. I think the Rico experiment may be over. But Jarwin looks good.
We can agree to disagree ... I dont believe Byron was that good ... He consistently committed terrible penalties ... He essentially killed any hope we had of a comeback yesterday with his hands to the face nonsense ...

D Law is not an elite pass rusher ... Hes very good, but does not deserve to be the highest paid defender in the league which is what his contract will probably be ... I cant fathom paying someone not named Miller or Watt or Mack that money ... D Law is not in that class ... He does not produce on their levels...

9B383339-576C-4AD6-8F6C-E11FDE793911.png
517D9772-94B7-49EF-AE3C-9E54AB5FE1C2.png
6484435E-6E08-4D23-A4AC-6FA62892B58D.png

Last two seasons DLaw

Attachments

• 70CB9889-6A4E-4821-9516-D87E282462CB.png
    70CB9889-6A4E-4821-9516-D87E282462CB.png
    702.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 9751ADAB-4A49-4353-B8C7-9F48FAB1F6F4.png
    9751ADAB-4A49-4353-B8C7-9F48FAB1F6F4.png
    617.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 4702CFB7-AFE7-4C32-ABFD-44F996264E4C.png
    4702CFB7-AFE7-4C32-ABFD-44F996264E4C.png
    612.6 KB · Views: 8
He’s elite. Gonna get paid whether you like it or not.

He’s not generational like Watt or Mack. But he’s elite.

Back
Top Bottom