THE OFFICIAL 2023 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Cowboys Gonna Cowboy

I’d fire both coordinators, honestly.

People are looking at Richard as a HC candidate and Marinelli’s defense hasn’t been that good. We have to be the most conservative team in the NFL on both sides of the football.

Garrett needs an OC with a little bit of a gunslinger mindset. Ultra-aggressive so they kinda pull each other to the middle.

Sign Earl. Draft OL and a more dynamic pass catching TE. Draft DL.

We don’t need a ton. But a new dynamic is necessary. Have to be more aggressive on both sides of the football.

I dont think we can have a gunslinger OC with Dak. Too many things have to be perfect for him and he doesnt throw the ball deep middle. All of his deep passes are to the outside, accuracy and anticipation just arent there. He plays with the mindset “if we lose they cant blame me.”

Time to draft Tyron’s replacement.
Stop wasting time on David irving and just release him.
Spend a priority pick on a safety.
Draft another corner, can never have enough.
Gotta bring in a scat back or somebody in that lance dunbar role.
Gotta pay D-Law. He didnt do much yesterday but it doesnt take away his past two years.

Draft IMO:
2 Safety (if Earl isnt brought in)
3 swing tackle.
4 TE, willing to give Jarwin a try.
5 DT or LB to replace Lee

I dont think we can have a gunslinger OC with Dak. Too many things have to be perfect for him and he doesnt throw the ball deep middle. All of his deep passes are to the outside, accuracy and anticipation just arent there. He plays with the mindset “if we lose they cant blame me.”

Time to draft Tyron’s replacement.
Stop wasting time on David irving and just release him.
Spend a priority pick on a safety.
Draft another corner, can never have enough.
Gotta bring in a scat back or somebody in that lance dunbar role.
Gotta pay D-Law. He didnt do much yesterday but it doesnt take away his past two years.

Draft IMO:
2 Safety (if Earl isnt brought in)
3 swing tackle.
4 TE, willing to give Jarwin a try.
5 DT or LB to replace Lee
You're correct on Dak esp that when the Boys lose they can't blame me take. That's why I think he is so polarizing in the fanbase. I don't think we even need a gunslinger but this guy has to improve on his accuracy or we need to find a better option. Everything I agree with too as far as draft but can this be the year we actually get a fat boy td or are we just never going to get one that can be worth a dang?

Heath not containing the edge and letting Goff run right by him is imprinted in my mind! I can’t shake it... we need a play making safety!!

Byron is cool at CB..that’s his best position..tho I’d like some turnovers obviously...

Dlaw is getting paid...but homie needs help...

Colts + Rams game we allowed Olinemen to get to the second level and get hands on our LBs...making them ineffective...

Oline wasn’t bad... but it wasn’t the strength that it has been...4th and 1 used to be automatic..Fred coming back helps...need to upgrade LG and both tackles... im not against putting Tyron on the right side if we hit a lick at LT somehow..

QB is just blah to me..like, we can do better but we can do worse..but it’s obvious Jerry is locked in...and Dak needs help to be most effective..

Bring in a creative OC...

Defense can’t be elite if we can’t get stops when needed+ allowing 300 yards rushing...tho I’m cool with Rishard and or Marinelli...

Cowboys need to get the memo on RBs...if they plan on running Zeke 300 carries a season the next couple of years he is going to be a shell of himself come 2022. They need to find another back and start splitting his carries if they want to extend his career.

Including the playoffs he had 350 carries:sick: then if you add the hits he has taken from his 77 catches it’s safe to say he isn’t in Cowboys long term picture.

Marion Barber was the workhorse and didn’t even come close to Zeke’s carries.

If we haven't won **** by 2022, it'll be time to hit the reset button on this team anyways.

Think about the end result of taking even 50-75 of Zeke's touches and giving them to someone else. **** that.

Find a horse. Ride the horse. Take the horse out to the glue farm. Find another horse.

Our best chance to win, as structured, is to give Zeke the ball every chance we can.

I agree with looking for a possible Tyron Smith replacement, and someone to take some of the load off of Zeke, but I don't know if we have a high enough draft slot.

What does that have to do with Dak still being not that good as a thrower? Romo for all his flaws and he defiant had them could throw the ball better than Dak probably ever will at this point.

No argument about Romo’s Ability. I still say Romo is the best QB in franchise history.

What it meant was Romo couldn’t get it done either... For the people who are saying you’ll never get a done with a QB like Dak. They are arguing for a QB like Romo. Romo had the best RB in football, the best OLine in football, an All Pro WR, a really good slot WR, and an all time TE. He couldn’t get it done.

Getting it done to win a Super Bowl is not a one size fits all checklist.

No argument about Romo’s Ability. I still say Romo is the best QB in franchise history.

What it meant was Romo couldn’t get it done either... For the people who are saying you’ll never get a done with a QB like Dak. They are arguing for a QB like Romo. Romo had the best RB in football, the best OLine in football, an All Pro WR, a really good slot WR, and an all time TE. He couldn’t get it done.

Getting it done to win a Super Bowl is not a one size fits all checklist.
Getting it done to win a SB isn't a one size fits all but you probably have a more likely route that rarely involves qb's like Dak. I mean Romo types have won it by and large even if Romo hasn't won it himself. Recently Dak types only have had Cam to get to a SB? I mean I think Dak can win depending on how big his extension. We saw how he did with just ok type wideouts.

Romo also never had a defense.
Romo never ever had a defense

Cut it
So the 2007 Dallas Cowboys season never happened?
Prime Roy Williams, Demarcus Ware, Terrance Newman,Greg Ellis, Ken Hamlin all made the pro bowl that year. Team was in the top 5 in every defensive category went 13-3 and season ended in the playoffs with a Romo INT against the Giants
:lol:

Tell me how a team has 5 out of 11 defensive starters make the pro bowl and their defense still sucks?

Last edited:
So the 2007 Dallas Cowboys season never happened?
Prime Roy Williams, Demarcus Ware, Terrance Newman,Greg Ellis, Ken Hamlin all made the pro bowl that year. Team was in the top 5 in every defensive category went 13-3 and season ended in the playoffs with a Romo INT against the Giants
:lol:

Tell me how a team has 5 out of 11 defensive starters make the pro bowl and their defense still sucks?
And that same season ended because Patrick Crayton dropped a dime from Romo

And that same season ended because Patrick Crayton dropped a dime from Romo
What does that have to do with your “Romo never had a defense” comment?

Go back and watch the game 18-36 201 yards... plenty of misreads and over throws that don’t make the YouTube highlight reel. Dude was looking like 2018 Flaco out there. Defense was the only reason the cowboys had a chance to win the game.

I honestly believe that season is the reason why Dallas doesn’t allow their QBs to audible out of running plays now. They gave Romo the ability to do so and it didn’t work out and Romo was throwing close to 40 passes a game, leaving the defense exhausted in the fourth qrt. In 2014, which I believe was romo’s Best season as a cowboy when they removed that ability and he wasn’t allowed to audible out of runs which made him more of a game manager with only about 20-25 pass attempts a game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom