THE OFFICIAL 2023 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Cowboys Gonna Cowboy

Cant believe yall arent discussing the Jerry "Zeke who" stuff
And then Zeke's agent tried to check Jerry :lol:
I want to engage but I’m one of few cowboys fans that doesn’t think Zeke is worth the money and could care less if he never suits up in a Dallas uniform again... dude has been a pain since he signed.

Last year he took all the first team reps in practice/games then got suspended. This year he hasn’t took any snaps and will probably show up and be out of shape.

I want to engage but I’m one of few cowboys fans that doesn’t think Zeke is worth the money and could care less if he never suits up in a Dallas uniform again... dude has been a pain since he signed.

Last year he took all the first team reps in practice/games then got suspended. This year he hasn’t took any snaps and will probably show up and be out of shape.

It’s already reports out he is in his best shape

Zeke missing games is no different than Sean Lee missing games
Injuries and suspensions both effect the team the same way
Cowboys weren't winning the super bowl the past two years anyway

If Pollard kills it while Zeke is out, he screwed himself. On the opposite end of Pollard stinks, he gave himself leverage.

In the end we’re probably talking the difference between a couple mil more a year and like $5mil guaranteed.

Wow we are a week out and I do not know what to expect going in this year. A bunch of reports I am seeing is projecting the Defense to be top 5. I would love to see that:pimp:

^ Not much of a stretch they were close to top 5 last year.

Defensive Stats:
7th in YPG.
13th Passing Yd/Game.
5th In Rushing Yd/Game.
6th In PTS allowed per game.

All while being 26th in INTs and 17th In Sacks

Cowboys circling the wagons around everybody.

I really like the strategy to go all out on this team with what it has and see what you get and if it’s not a super bowl champion, you can blow it all up in a few years.

I don’t think Jaylon or La’el impact Dak, Zeke and Coop. I think it impacts only Byron which really sucks. But if you cut Crawford, Cam Fleming and let Sean Lee walk, you create a good amount of space.

Screwed how?
It is proven that the majority of RBs decline after their 1k carry or age 27. At the pace that the cowboys are using Zeke at about 300 carries a season he is going to hit his 1k carry this year. Can’t blame Zeke for trying to get that check before the decline but at this pace he not lasting 8 more years.

50 mil guaranteed for a RB:smh:

Cowboys circling the wagons around everybody.

I really like the strategy to go all out on this team with what it has and see what you get and if it’s not a super bowl champion, you can blow it all up in a few years.

I don’t think Jaylon or La’el impact Dak, Zeke and Coop. I think it impacts only Byron which really sucks. But if you cut Crawford, Cam Fleming and let Sean Lee walk, you create a good amount of space.

Jones is good as gone imo and plays a position that can easily replace. I also thought Collins was going to be out also since we have drafted linemen the past couple of years

Glad the deal got done but kinda wish Jerry stuck to his guns a little longer

Oh well
Stuck to his guns for what?

It is proven that the majority of RBs decline after their 1k carry or age 27. At the pace that the cowboys are using Zeke at about 300 carries a season he is going to hit his 1k carry this year. Can’t blame Zeke for trying to get that check before the decline but at this pace he not lasting 8 more years.

50 mil guaranteed for a RB:smh:

So cowboys should have just let him walk?

Jones is good as gone imo and plays a position that can easily replace. I also thought Collins was going to be out also since we have drafted linemen the past couple of years

Stuck to his guns for what?

So cowboys should have just let him walk?
not really let him walk but he had 2 years left on his deal. Extending him 6 years for a total of 8 more seasons with all that guaranteed money is a big gamble. Father Time and History isn’t on the Cowboys side for this investment.

But heck when Jerry makes decisions on emotion instead of what is in the organizations best interest to win we are 0-9

Last edited:
Im not mad at thew deal. Both sides had leverage and they both played it. Zeke knows how bad Jerry wants a title and he knew he would eventually buckle because we all know we aren't winning a title without him. That was his ultimate Trump card and he played it. If the pieces weren't there for us to make a run I could've seen Jerry hold out longer but with this team and the window we have, Jerry knew he had to go all in.

This is the basis of the contract according to Spotrac

1D62CBA5-7E47-467E-8EC3-879B414A3926.png

There’s another year in 2026, but we’ll never make it there.

It’s basically 4 years and then some pain cutting him in the 5th due to $6.7mil in dead cap. Or 5 years and easy to cut him in the 6th.

If he screws up off the field, all the guarantees are gone.

Even if you kept him 5 years that’s through age 28 season. And that’s when decline hits rapidly after age 28.

He probably doesn’t play that Age 29 season in Dallas, if I had to guess.

They’ll run him into the ground before then.

Back
Top Bottom