THE OFFICIAL 2023 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Cowboys Gonna Cowboy

:lol: that’s so wrong it’s silly. All you gotta do is look up and down our roster and there’s guy contributing all over the place from late rounds over the last 5 or so years.

The roster issues aren’t about who were drafting. It’s basically everything after that and it’s glaringly obvious.

So the thought process is if those players were on other teams they would play better?
Because I read a lot of complaints in this thread about the lack of real talent on this team.

You think you’re going to draft impact guys at every position in later rounds? Really?

The problem is once guys are here, the guys cutting checks over-value what we have and spend money like idiots so we can’t supplement our roster with guys from the outside that can play.

That’s why our roster is top heavy. It’s not a draft issue. It’s a cap allocation issue and always has been.

Not every round but at least a couple of rounds
What have we gotten from any of his 3-7 round picks?
Those are the guys yall are constantly ripping.
Byron Jones was a 1st round pick and yall have been begging to get rid of him.
I know Will Mcclay is a DFW media darling but he had a couple of early round high production drafts and the local media crowned him Belichick Jr?

He’s found several starters and quality contributors past R2. It’s not hard to look up. I’m not gonna do it for you.

Byron Jones is a good player. Nobody was ever begging to get rid of him - that’s a bold faced lie. But he’s not highest-paid CB in the NFL good. Can’t pay everyone.

There’s talent up and down this roster. Much more than the results the last few years would indicate.

I don't give a dayum about a dude being a starter on an 8-8 team!
There's talent on every NFL team but is it that talent good enough to get to the conference championship game and win a super bowl?
Look this up for me. How many of those Will McClay picks are leaders in the locker room and game changers on the field?

cowboy’s roster issues in the past was due to them signing long term deals and over paying for talent. How many times in the past has a team dumped talent during the season and talent players are available for cheap and the cowboys do not have any Cap space to go after them😂

Smart NFL Franchises leave Cap space for those trade deadline Bargain deals..... Jerry will empty out the cap room by August

I don't give a dayum about a dude being a starter on an 8-8 team!
There's talent on every NFL team but is it that talent good enough to get to the conference championship game and win a super bowl?
Look this up for me. How many of those Will McClay picks are leaders in the locker room and game changers on the field?
If you believe talent is the issue, we just flat out disagree.

There’s enough talent on this roster to make a playoff run. There has been multiple times over the last decade.

Super Bowl? Depends on Dak and what McCarthy can get out of him.

New Picture.png

This is the roster of guys who have a shot at the 53. I see about 6-10 that will either get cut or put on the practice squad.

What I have concerns about:
-Depth at the Tackle Spots
-OLB Depth
-Safety Depth

If Aldon Smith and Randy Gregory are reinstated, I'd release Tyrone Crawford to look at those 3 areas.

If they think they can win now, they need to dump next years picks into Jamal Adams.

Tackle depth is what it is. Nobody’s stocked with tackle depth but it would be nice to have a young swing guy that could play.

If they think they can win now, they need to dump next years picks into Jamal Adams.

Tackle depth is what it is. Nobody’s stocked with tackle depth but it would be nice to have a young swing guy that could play.

Agreed and agreed

I think it’s just not having anybody that we’re sure of. With Cam Fleming, you could say okay if there’s an injury, it might be okay.
But with Fred gone. And LG being questionable, if Tyron or La’el go down for an extended period, it could get dicey.

Agreed and agreed

I think it’s just not having anybody that we’re sure of. With Cam Fleming, you could say okay if there’s an injury, it might be okay.
But with Fred gone. And LG being questionable, if Tyron or La’el go down for an extended period, it could get dicey.
Without a doubt.

Gotta trust Biadisz or McGovern can play.

Would still try to go out and sign a Ron Leary or veteran inside guy if the money is there.

What I have concerns about:
-Depth at the Tackle Spots
-OLB Depth
-Safety Depth

If Aldon Smith and Randy Gregory are reinstated, I'd release Tyrone Crawford to look at those 3 areas.

if you cutting Crawford because his contract doesn’t match what he is doing then fine. But after dlaw we don’t have anyone at DE( you cant go in the season counting on smith and randy all year and even then they would be used on passing downs) the staff expect big things from j

outside of the 49ers and saints I don’t see anyone in the nfc as a playoff lock so I’m for sending picks to the jets for Adams. I wish we could for the DE from the jags but you have to pay him.

They Must still be counting on Williams at the ol position

I’d be fine dumping draft capital into either Adams or Ngakoue. You gotta pay either one so it’s whatever.

But feel like if we were gonna pay another end it would’ve been better to just pay Quinn.

This Andy Dalton signing is hilarious

Dak better nut up and sign

I knew JJ would do this and I'm not mad at all. Dalton ain't the best but he's serviceable and there's more than enough talent for him to succeed if Dak holds out. Ball is in Dak's court now.

I would agree of we didn't have the weapons we have. He's been to the playoffs with less so I'm not too concerned. And he's better than Rush so I'm not upset at the insurance signing.

It’s a great insurance signing but Dak and looking at this and thinking to himself he needs to take less cash.

Back
Top Bottom