The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would.

Fans of about 23-25 other teams should be saying the same.

giphy.gif

nicky turning heel on Darnold in front of my eyes.

Why is this dude Dak so hung up on only wanting 4 years instead of 5.....

So he can get another big pay day at 30 years old.

The money Dak is asking for looks crazy right now but the is cap going up all the time. In 2 years his deal won't look crazy. I'm not a big fan of Dak but the market is what it is. It's a lot of QB's making $ they haven't earned.

Idk, I think if the cowboy’s offense stays the same under dak people are definitely gonna start asking why the hell is he getting paid $45 million a year.

So he can get another big pay day at 30 years old.

The money Dak is asking for looks crazy right now but the is cap going up all the time. In 2 years his deal won't look crazy. I'm not a big fan of Dak but the market is what it is. It's a lot of QB's making $ they haven't earned.

exactly, it’s really only the 1st or 2nd years of these deals that hurt teams.. look at the colts and luck and the big deal that was made about his deal when it first happened but if they had a competent coach and GM they woulda been gucci and they had a crap ton of money by year 3 of the deal (if I’m remembering correctly)

but it depends on the teams and how smart they’ve been.. also how they structure the deals.. and how they use other assets

rams are a great example, a lot of short term thinking.. they pay Goff early and somehow still have a huge cap hit this season and having to offload contracts.. they pay a RB huge money.. and they throw draft picks around

with that price tag, cowboys should trade dak and sign cam

I might honestly agree. You’d have Cam and Dalton there for peanuts for at least the first year or two. Dak is the safe bet though as far as minimal risk taking, accuracy and no real injury history.

I was astonished to learn that Dak actually ranked number 1 in the deep ball category. I remember when people were saying he couldn't throw it longer than 10yds lol

I was astonished to learn that Dak actually ranked number 1 in the deep ball category. I remember when people were saying he couldn't throw it longer than 10yds lol

Dink and Dak used to be a thing :lol:

He's easily a top 10 QB rn imo, I don't blame him for sticking to his guns in negotiations. Worked wonders for Cousins and after Jerrah managed to pay everyone but him yet :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom